This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: New method for hot water
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2017, 08:02:37 pm »
I find you need to be at 50 degrees for it to start noticing the difference that needs to be in your mind when testing it.

Yes I know. All my vans have gas heaters now. We run at 60 degrees

Lee , what gas heaters do you use ?
And i think that the above 50 c bit is a bit wrong , any increase is going to clean dare i say "better" than ambient temp .
If you go out with stupid hot water on a proper cold day you are looking at thermal shock territory .
I use the L5 and it gives me about 35/40 at the brush head , that it more than ample for my needs , i see an improvement on using cold and its more of a comfort and hose managability issue for me anyway . 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

windowswashed

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2017, 09:02:10 pm »
Tried calorifier tank with a built in immersion heater running off engine radiator. Very good for recycling around the wfp tank - managed to get the heat up to 100 degrees or use direct with a thermostat set on 50 degrees. Very good but has it's negatives as well as it's potential.

Tried gas heater.  Bit scary if the water stops flowing accidentally.

Tried diesel heater. - Straight forward with a separate diesel tank and ran it on red diesel for cheaper running costs.

Solar heat would drain batteries too quick to be practical though possible if working in Spain.

JandS

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2017, 09:56:35 pm »
The inline heaters for carpet cleaning machines would not be able to supply the amount of constant hot water required for window cleaning.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2017, 10:48:56 pm »
The inline heaters for carpet cleaning machines would not be able to supply the amount of constant hot water required for window cleaning.

Thats the problem , we just need the water too quick , combustion seems to be the only way until Lee pulls his finger out  ;D
Its not like he aint got the money for R+D is it  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2017, 12:25:02 am »
I'm in the design stage, it may not even work
I'll have two then.

Anyway, I work with 60 degrees every day, with no heating costs, with my broken thermometer system.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2017, 10:45:08 am »
100 degrees you’ll be in floppy tank territory lol,they are only plastic.

V_Purcell

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2017, 02:34:01 pm »
For a while now I've wanted to come up with a product for the industry.

I am currently working on a new hot water product with all of the upsides of gas and diesel but none of the downsides of either.  (Both have plenty)

This will be an electric on demand heater with no running costs, hotter and faster to heat than diesel, digital temp control, no 20 min timer like gas, frost protection built in and the ability to use hot all day everyday with no running costs and no servicing required.

No it's not an immersion heater. This will be on demand and piping hot, like gas.

I hope to trial this system on my vans by next spring/summer. Just working on the design now. I also hope to deliver this product for considerably less cost than diesel options.
Lee I used to manufacture carpet cleaning machines, I used to make an inline heat exchanger, and have a few ideas along these lines, without using gas, diesel or electric.

Dry Clean

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2017, 02:41:44 pm »
You hot users are so gullible, no surprise there, Lees on a wind up read his original post again, slowly if it helps. lol.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2017, 05:26:37 pm »
You hot users are so gullible, no surprise there, Lees on a wind up read his original post again, slowly if it helps. lol.

Err no I'm not.

I am working with a friend to develop this system. We are in the design stage right now. I hope to have the first prototype in one of my vans by the spring.  If the technology works then we develop further into a product others can by and fit themselves or we will offer fitting here at our base.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

windowswashed

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2017, 06:37:22 pm »
100 degrees you’ll be in floppy tank territory lol,they are only plastic.

:) not when mixed with cold water  :)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2017, 07:28:13 pm »
In carpet cleaning  the big con with the heat issue is measuring the temp at the machine not at the end of the tool, it can measure 100degrees at the point of heating but by the time it slowly passes through the solution line ( often laid on a cold floor or even worse across snowy ground).

I would guess this situation is Even worse for window cleaners as the solution line is much longer  and the flow rate is slower. You need the water to be boiling at the van for it too be still hot as it hits the window.

Unless you move the water heater closer to the tool so the hot water only has to travel the last 20-30ft. You could use a much smaller heat source if you didn’t have to compensate for the heat loss of mounting the heater so far away from the window.

If you want to develop the next big thing  in water-fed pole technology look towards a lightweight trolley based water heater that can be easily moved from house to house.

******** unless this is already available ********* 🙂🙂🙂
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2017, 07:32:36 pm »
Hi Mike. It's not a problem. I have a lot of experience with hot. If we set the boiler in the van to 60 degrees not matter how far away the pole it will still burn your hand. Tried and tested so no issue there.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 07:43:12 pm »
I bet I have more experience  ;D ;D

This is an example of hot at high flow rate @ 150ft....

Is this how your WFP looks like?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jpwirghtTGE

Lee Pryor

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 07:47:54 pm »

Ok ok I've just imagined the years of hot water in our 11 vans.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 07:49:28 pm »
Also I'm talking about window cleaning not carpet cleaning, 2 totally different things. Had hot in my vans for 10 years

Mike Halliday

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 07:54:33 pm »
I was only messing with you, I didn’t mean to call your Experience  into question 8)

But hot water is hot water the way it’s heated and transported is a constant no matter how it’s used as an end product

CleanClear

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 09:01:32 pm »

How many years you had 11 vans Lee ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Lee Pryor

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 09:22:06 pm »

How many years you had 11 vans Lee ?

Long enough. My point is I have 10 years experience with hot Wfp systems, therefor I know what temp ect is required for designing a new system.

dd

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 09:51:26 pm »
I hope you are successful with your idea Lee, but until you can say something more concrete or definite, I really do not see the point of posting the topic.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2017, 10:03:02 pm »
I hope you are successful with your idea Lee, but until you can say something more concrete or definite, I really do not see the point of posting the topic.

I'm sorry you don't see the point. Lots of threads and talk of hot systems as always at this time of year. It seemed fitting to mention it.