This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

New method for hot water
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:59:48 am »
For a while now I've wanted to come up with a product for the industry.

I am currently working on a new hot water product with all of the upsides of gas and diesel but none of the downsides of either.  (Both have plenty)

This will be an electric on demand heater with no running costs, hotter and faster to heat than diesel, digital temp control, no 20 min timer like gas, frost protection built in and the ability to use hot all day everyday with no running costs and no servicing required.

No it's not an immersion heater. This will be on demand and piping hot, like gas.

I hope to trial this system on my vans by next spring/summer. Just working on the design now. I also hope to deliver this product for considerably less cost than diesel options. 
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

dazmond

Re: New method for hot water
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 10:29:00 am »
sounds too good to be true.ill believe it when i see it.no hot system has zero running costs BTW.
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 11:20:16 am »
Is this to run from a 2nd leisure battery or running van battery?

Hope it works out
👍
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 11:51:40 am »
I can't reveal anything more at this time. I'm in the design stage, it may not even work

JackieW

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 02:42:10 pm »
'the ability to use hot all day everyday with no running costs and no servicing required. '

Sounds great. Should be able to sell that product  to every home on the planet . Is it solar based?

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 03:05:44 pm »
Does it run on Bovine Excrement ;D
Spit and polish

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 03:33:20 pm »
Release date i hear is 1st April  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 03:41:49 pm »
Absolutely no point trying to explain how it's gonna work..... it will just be lost on us anyway :P

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 03:42:45 pm »
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 04:33:56 pm »
I find you need to be at 50 degrees for it to start noticing the difference that needs to be in your mind when testing it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »
Sounds good but will believe it when it’s up and running and proven to be reliable , if it is I might part exchange my wabasto for one 😂😂😂😂

brianbarber

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2017, 06:12:52 pm »
ive Often thought if there's a way of using the heat from the coolant in the vans engine, but I've always then thought that maybe it's keeping the heat consisitant.
 Although in the truck mount carpet machines they have a small 5 litre or so metal box called a hot box that is in fact possibly  a way to go.
 After running the machine I know from experience this water is literally just under boiling point, so maybe could be controlled via a thermostat or something along those lines.
  As these units were mainly air cooled heat was generated rapidly and was a natural by product.
This with some research is a possible way of harnessing the heat from your engine and making use of it, albeit a lot of research needed.
 One of the carpet guys was talking about this last week on here, may of been Mike Halliday.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

brianbarber

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 06:17:57 pm »
The other way, may be like the unit in ashbys ninja, the in line heat exchanger, this gives constant heat which is adjustable right up to 110 degrees.
 As I'm no electrician, and this is a  3 kw unit I don't know if this is possible to power with aux batteries.
 Although if you needed a max of 70 degrees, maybe a 2kw unit could be made to do this.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

CleanClear

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2017, 06:47:36 pm »
I can't reveal anything more at this time. I'm in the design stage, it may not even work
This will be an electric on demand heater with no running costs
If you get that off the ground then you'll be retiring a lot earlier than you planned.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Dry Clean

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2017, 07:28:54 pm »
I find you need to be at 50 degrees for it to start noticing the difference that needs to be in your mind when testing it.

Do you work on the coast ? do you work in the UK ?  just wondering what your getting on the glass that takes a minimum of 50 degrees to remove.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 07:30:10 pm »

Yes I know. All my vans have gas heaters now. We run at 60 degrees

Lee Pryor

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 07:36:34 pm »

Do you work on the coast ? do you work in the UK ?  just wondering what your getting on the glass that takes a minimum of 50 degrees to remove.

He's right. Hot only starts to make a difference above 50 degrees. Below that it's the same as cold.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 07:38:27 pm »
ive Often thought if there's a way of using the heat from the coolant in the vans engine, but I've always then thought that maybe it's keeping the heat consisitant.
 Although in the truck mount carpet machines they have a small 5 litre or so metal box called a hot box that is in fact possibly  a way to go.
 After running the machine I know from experience this water is literally just under boiling point, so maybe could be controlled via a thermostat or something along those lines.
  As these units were mainly air cooled heat was generated rapidly and was a natural by product.
This with some research is a possible way of harnessing the heat from your engine and making use of it, albeit a lot of research needed.
 One of the carpet guys was talking about this last week on here, may of been Mike Halliday.

Mr B

you d have to keep your van engine running all the time
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 07:43:26 pm »

Mr B

you d have to keep your van engine running all the time

It wouldn't matter, we are talking about hot on demand and that's whole different ball game to heating a tank, think about
a household electric shower.

Spruce

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 07:45:06 pm »

Mr B

The problem is with modern diesel engines is that they are very efficient and don't produce much heat. Our engines don't get up to operating temperature in the winter mornings due to the short distances we travel.
There are numerous diesel vehicles out there that have to use additional diesel heaters to keep the cabin warm as the engines don't generate enough heat to do the job.

I find that the engine looses its heat anyway being parked up, so you may as well put that heat to some use. How good it would be is questionable. Here's a fellow who tried to sell these kits years ago. He would need a pump to circulate the water from the engine, through the heat exchanger and back to the block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUBTk3Lj-vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3VAR4iiBuU&t=3s

His demonstrator car is an old 1.6 diesel Golf so his sytem is based on rather old diesel technology. I would doubt there are many window cleaner running vehicles pre common rail technology. In the kit he shows an auxillary pump. On the video on the beach he shows a small pump in the water tank at the back, but that's not it. This point isn't very clear. What ever the case is, in a window cleaning application we would need a 12v circulation pump as we couldn't leave the engine running. (Your internal heater matrix is a water to air heat exchanger. If you switch the engine off but leave the circulation fan running, it doesn't take long before the air coming out gets cold.) Its against the law to leave a vehicle idling unattended in the street.

The water circulating through the engine will be treated with antifreeze so there wouldn't be a problem there. However, the water in the second circuit of the heat exchanger will be pure water. Any water in there will freeze and damage the heat exchanger. Even with antifreeze, our washer bottle always seems to freeze at some point during winter.  Even if the heat exchanger was drained down, the passages in the heat exchanger are very small and I doubt you will get every drop of water out. That would be a big negative for me.

Its relatively simple to fit - just fit it the same way he did it with his Golf and the shower. The only thing you would need to be aware of is which way the coolant water flows through the heat exchanger when driven by the engines water pump. You then need to mount the auxillary pump so when it works it pumps the water in the same direction.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)