Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advanced

Wfp fitters in surrey
« on: November 13, 2017, 10:05:33 pm »
Hi all
Anybody know of  company or person who can fit pumps. Varistream controllers wiring etc  to my system ,
I am not a DIY  er
Cheers

advanced

Re: Wfp fitters in surrey
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 10:16:27 pm »
fergot to mention I live in  Worcester park Surrey so around Surrey or London. Would be good

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:40:17 pm »
These things are very simple to do mate. What exactly is it  you want to do ? Connect a varistream to a pump and battery ?

andyM

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:29 am »
If you're really stuck I suppose a local Auto Electrician would be a good choice.
Saying that it is really easy to do, just a case of stripping and connecting cables.

One of the Plebs

Slacky

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:36:24 am »
A pump is two wires, literally. You don't even need to worry about which one goes on which battery terminal. It couldn't be simpler, seriously.

Unless it was one wire.

advanced

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 06:58:24 pm »
All sorted  problem I was having was that varies stream cutting off reading low battery level  but battery is new and well charged  ,
I disabled that function so   All working ok
Still comes up with battery on varistream   ???????

Steve Newres

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 07:00:58 pm »
All sorted  problem I was having was that varies stream cutting off reading low battery level  but battery is new and well charged  ,
I disabled that function so   All working ok
Still comes up with battery on varistream   ???????
Sounds like you've fixed the symptom rather than the problem.

advanced

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 07:26:13 pm »
well both  controllers come up the same  so can't  be them at fault , so could it be wiring  what a bloody conundrum 😁😁😁😁😁😁

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 11:14:17 am »
The low battery cut off disable will stop the controller shutting down the pump if it thinks voltage is below 10.5V But the controller will continue to monitor and display information on the battery.

Volt drop could be an issue.  Although copper is a good conductor it is about 80% efficient so some volts will be lost along a cable length. Keeping cable runs as short as possible will help also ensure all connectors are in good condition including the fuse and fuse holder. Corroded or damaged connectors will get hot and reduce current available to the pumps.

Another issue could be battery size, runing two pumps a 110 AH is probably a good idea.  The original post does not mention if the battery warning is at the beginning of a day or during. If you find that after a couple hours the warning comes on and voltage falls  it may be a sign that the cells are not holding a charge or possibly the battery is not getting charged often enough .

Most batteries you can drain to about 50% of capacity below this the lead cells even in a new battery will degrade and not hold charge as well. Two pumps are going to draw 6 to 8 amps an hour with a controller.  An 85 AH battery will have 42.5 amps of usable energy so between 5 to 7 hours before it will need charging.

http://www.progressivedyn.com/battery_basics.html

V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

jk999

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 02:10:47 pm »
When it say bat on it it's just telling you what voltage is in battery

advanced

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 10:47:54 pm »
Cheers for response  guys  battery is 110 ah battery   ,, battery  warning comes up   Halfway through day.  So will try changing wiring etc
I do charge it every night  😂😂