This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Den68

Re: Daily Solar Result
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2017, 08:34:53 am »
Hello elfyn, did you install panel directly to  your roof or on your roof bars? Looking at the brackets I would guess your roof. Do you have a roof rack fitted and if you do does the shade from roof rack effect  the panel's efficiency.

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2017, 07:22:41 pm »
Today was 8 amps out with 4 amps in , more cloud than sun again , but im only short of 4 amps from full so the battery can stay in , will be interesting to see if i can pull them back in tomorrow aswell as replace what i use , Jees , am i reckless or what  ;D

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2017, 07:32:32 pm »
Sorry - senior moment.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-CLASS-A-CELL-12V-150W-Solar-Panel-Kit-Caravan-Boat-Motorhome-UK-/301700091722?hash=item463eba0f4a:g:-wMAAOSwLVZV4Zqx

Thats a good deal there !
So how often do you bench the battery  if ever , i see that you are running 30 watt more than me .
Do you just use the volt display on the flow control , if not how do you keep tabs on battery state , or are you just a reckless kinda guy  :D

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:17 pm »
OK , not updated in a while as has been no need , so here it is so far , from 25 Sep until today 9 Oct , 11 days have been worked and the battery has been on the bench 2 times , once overnight on trickle after the large retirement complex in the video , and once for 2 hours trickle to top up .
So its all good so far , the 2 hour charge was probably not really needed , i was just a bit cautious that day , more soon , as the weather is only going to get worse from here !

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 10:39:19 pm »
Just to add to conversation, as of yet ive not rigged up the amp meter (saving it for when i get round to sorting a 2nd big panel) so i cant do specifics which P@F is doing. Which is useful n great to follow...

But ive just benched charged my battery for first time this year. It wasnt fully needed, but not long back i purchased a smart charger and it was an excuse to use it really. Also my smaller 12v 27amp battery that i use for my electric reel needed a charge. I usually charge this one from my solar panel as well, but it was quite cloudy today so hooked both panels to my leisure battery instead. So i needed to charge this 27amp battery for tomorrow and thought whilst im at it, I'll stick the leisure one on charge also.

Now my charger doesnt show the ampage, but the battery was at 13.5v and still showing 3 bars needing charged, so im guessing this is topping up the ampage?? I aint no sparkie so dont know if my thinking is right on that?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk