Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Di vessel leaking
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:14:06 am »
Ive been doing this for 5 years and now all of a sudden the di has started leaking badly enough. Its leaking at hoselock fittings but if also seems to be coming out of the threaded piece that the hoselock fitting clips onto that is inserted via thread into di vessel

Your experiences lads? Help

Ps ive tried the obvious stuff like a new hoselock fitting and re taping the threaded piece that inserts into di vessel

Also the system seems like its over pressurised

Simon Trapani

Re: Di vessel leaking
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 11:58:26 am »
Could it be a cracked fitting or housing?

tom20001

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 12:42:46 pm »
Could it be a cracked fitting or housing?

Im going to inspect it later simon but nothing seems cracked at all.....system seems like way too much pressure in it

Ive a twin di an both are leaking now. One badly one a little

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 01:03:02 pm »
It does sound like you have a hairline fracture where the hozelocs fit in , i have had a coulpe do this to me .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 01:06:33 pm »
It does sound like you have a hairline fracture where the hozelocs fit in , i have had a coulpe do this to me .

Not on the hoselocs but on the insert piece? Could it happen to a couple at the same time? Or within a week of each other?

Thanks

richard connett

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 01:36:46 pm »
I've had this
For me it was the big rubber washer that had fallen out of the screw top. 

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 01:50:27 pm »

Not on the hoselocs but on the insert piece? Could it happen to a couple at the same time? Or within a week of each other?

Thanks

I mean the main  black lid on the DI , theres a few different ways people set them up , so if you imagine that lid with no fittings on it at all , it would just have 2 threaded holes , around these are where you get the hairline fractures , normally due to over taping or over tightening , also you get 2 types of plastic used , 1 is dull and almost rubber like , the other is very shiny and is a lot more brittle , this one is more prone to do it . 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 02:03:32 pm »
Turn your pressure down? ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Re: Di vessel leaking New
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 05:14:24 pm »

Thanks

I mean the main  black lid on the DI , theres a few different ways people set them up , so if you imagine that lid with no fittings on it at all , it would just have 2 threaded holes , around these are where you get the hairline fractures , normally due to over taping or over tightening , also you get 2 types of plastic used , 1 is dull and almost rubber like , the other is very shiny and is a lot more brittle , this one is more prone to do it .
If it is the case just buy a new di vessel head. Gardiners do them and they are only about a tenner.
I've never really liked using hoselock fittings on them. I know a lot of people use jg push fit, I've always preferred geka brass fittings for 1/2 " hose.
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/hoses-and-accessories/geka-and-professional-irrigation-products/geka-and-claw-lock-couplings/geka-threaded-coupling-19mm-3-4-male.html
and
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/hoses-and-accessories/geka-and-professional-irrigation-products/geka-and-claw-lock-couplings/geka-hose-tail-13mm.html