This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

8weekly

Snookered myself
« on: July 15, 2017, 05:50:52 pm »
Customer after first clean:

Hello!

I have just transferred £18.00 into your account for cleaning the windows today at 15 %%%%%% Avenue.

If it is OK with you, we have decided to make it a one off job.

Thanks,

Mrs Jackson

My reply:

No problem, I will send you an invoice for the difference. One off jobs are 3 x regular price.

Regards,

Steve

Her reply a few days later:

Wow – you should have told me that.

The reason we are not going ahead is because we weren’t happy with the job. The outline of the bird was still on the bedroom window, the ground floor windows had streaks on them were lines of drips had dried and the front door was covered in smeared dirt which we thought meant it was just quickly wiped over.

We have cleaned up now but that was not what we were expecting so I think we will call it quits.

Thanks

My reply:

I asked whether you wanted a regular or one off and priced accordingly. Had you mentioned faults I'd have popped back to inspect and recleaned without quibbling.

I look forward to receiving settlement in full. The first clean requires at least three times as long as a regular maintenance clean which is why my first question to you and all enquiries is do you want a regular or one off clean. You said regular.

Regards,

Steve

Their reply:

If you are happy to come back without quibbling if we are not satisfied with the job then we will see you in 8 weeks.

As before, I guess you will text Janice so we can leave the side gate open (the gate was swinging wide open last time when I got in – please could you make sure it is closed before you go next time).

Thanks

What would you do.

Incidentally I'm pretty thorough on first cleans and I did this one. I doubt what they are saying but in any case I'd have gone back.

paul alan

Re: Snookered myself
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 05:59:02 pm »
Turn up in 8 weeks, see how it pans out!

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »
Does sound like it could be a genuine complaint but it would have been better for them to have complained and given you the opportunity to go and see it and put it right rather than do it the way they did

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 06:18:08 pm »

Did you tell them you offer a guarantee if the clean wasn't satisfactory?

8weekly

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2017, 06:23:20 pm »
Does sound like it could be a genuine complaint but it would have been better for them to have complained and given you the opportunity to go and see it and put it right rather than do it the way they did
If I wasn't so thorough on first cleans I'd have said maybe. If there was the odd run I wouldn't be surprised as all the vents were cleaned, but I go all round then go back and start again & I overscrub on the first clean. Interesting that they have said that they've put it all right so I can't go and see though.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2017, 06:24:25 pm »
Maybe they thought "he's been here Three times longer than anyone else and still done a rubbish job"!! :-)
Comfortably Numb!

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 06:27:54 pm »
Some people just don't like confrontation. Sounds to me this customer is one of those. As very easily they backed down.

I always always say to customers on the 1st clean if there are any problems please don't feel bad about calling me to rectify .

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 06:39:30 pm »
Think they got lee in instead
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

chris turner

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 06:44:11 pm »

Hello!

I have just transferred £18.00 into your account for cleaning the windows today at 15 %%%%%% Avenue.

Thanks,

Mrs Jackson

My reply:

No problem, I will send you an invoice for the difference. One off jobs are 3 x regular price.

Regards,

Steve

The reason we are not going ahead is because we weren’t happy with the job. The outline of the bird was still on the bedroom window, the ground floor windows had streaks on them were lines of drips had dried and the front door was covered in smeared dirt which we thought meant it was just quickly wiped over.

We have cleaned up now but that was not what we were expecting so I think we will call it quits.

Thanks

My reply:

I asked whether you wanted a regular or one off and priced accordingly. Had you mentioned faults I'd have popped back to inspect and recleaned without quibbling.

I look forward to receiving settlement in full. The first clean requires at least three times as long as a regular maintenance clean which is why my first question to you and all enquiries is do you want a regular or one off clean. You said regular.

Regards,

Steve

Their reply:

If you are happy to come back without quibbling if we are not satisfied with the job then we will see you in 8 weeks.

As before, I guess you will text Janice so we can leave the side gate open (the gate was swinging wide open last time when I got in – please could you make sure it is closed before you go next time).

Thanks

What would you do.

Incidentally I'm pretty thorough on first cleans and I did this one. I doubt what they are saying but in any case I'd have gone back.

If I was you I would just give up and find a new profession, you are clearly rubbish at cleaning windows.
With the prices you "say" you charge and your quality of work, the words yeehaa spring to mind🤠

8weekly

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 06:48:31 pm »

Hello!

Thanks,

Mrs Jackson

My reply:

Regards,

Steve

Thanks

My reply:

Regards,

Steve

Their reply:

Thanks

What would you do.

If I was you I would just give up and find a new profession, you are clearly rubbish at cleaning windows.
With the prices you "say" you charge and your quality of work, the words yeehaa spring to mind🤠
What prices do I "say" I charge?

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 06:50:40 pm »
Excellent reply to the custard. I would just say FFS to myself and txt them back 'OK'

8weekly

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 06:52:43 pm »
From another first clean on the same day   ;)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 07:00:04 pm »
Personally I'd take a hit and clean next time for free as a show of goodwill. It's your reputation. How long's it gonna take? 30 minutes?
You can hold your head up then knowing you've done everything reasonably possible to keep them happy.

And note to self also - always charge more for first cleans.

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 07:07:01 pm »
Personally I'd take a hit and clean next time for free as a show of goodwill. It's your reputation. How long's it gonna take? 30 minutes?
You can hold your head up then knowing you've done everything reasonably possible to keep them happy.

And note to self also - always charge more for first cleans.
We're pushing hard for more work. It does leave you open to this which is why all callers are asked as a first question: "Are you looking for a regular 8 weekly service or a one off clean?" One off cleans get told we're too busy as I'm not interested in them. I may take on whole house fsg & gutters though, but not one off window cleans.

chris turner

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 07:30:17 pm »

Hello!

Thanks,

Mrs Jackson

My reply:

Regards,

Steve

Thanks

My reply:

Regards,

Steve

Their reply:

Thanks

What would you do.

I'm just f-ing with you bud, chill.

We've all had these type of customers.
I had one recently that arranged for 8 weekly cleaning, £25. Nice big con on the back. I gave the house and con a right good seeing too, whipped out the magic sponges for all the ground floor sills, chemical clean on all the windows, unger rub out on any hard spots. The place looked like new after approx 1 hour 15 minutes of hard graft.
I got paid by Bacs that evening and a txt saying 'thank you, windows look fantastic'.

I turn up 8 weeks later and the buggers have moved and the house is empty :-X

Shrek

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2017, 07:34:29 pm »
I had the same except the week after I did the 1st clean, I noticed it was added to right move. She still wants a regular monthly clean  ::)roll

8weekly

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2017, 07:35:31 pm »

Hello!

Thanks,

Mrs Jackson

My reply:

Regards,

Steve

Thanks

My reply:

Regards,

Steve

Their reply:

Thanks

What would you do.

I'm just f-ing with you bud, chill.

We've all had these type of customers.
I had one recently that arranged for 8 weekly cleaning, £25. Nice big con on the back. I gave the house and con a right good seeing too, whipped out the magic sponges for all the ground floor sills, chemical clean on all the windows, unger rub out on any hard spots. The place looked like new after approx 1 hour 15 minutes of hard graft.
I got paid by Bacs that evening and a txt saying 'thank you, windows look fantastic'.

I turn up 8 weeks later and the buggers have moved and the house is empty :-X
I had a bad Google review for one of those:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=agleam+windows&oq=agleam+windows&aqs=chrome..69i57j0j69i60j69i64.5631j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#lrd=0x4876a89b63b00f61:0x9e01c3c840a7d643,1,

I told him what I thought of him. Cleaned a minger and he cancelled as house put on the market and sold before next clean due.

tlwcs

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 07:38:32 pm »
I always text them the price even if it's been discussed face to face.
1st clean/1 off £30
Monthly £15 or
Bimonthly £20
I  generally ask them to discuss it with their partner, or think about it and text me with the frequency they want.  My round is full so I don't need to push and a soft sale works well

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 07:47:24 pm »
A few have learnt that some cleaners aren't interested in doing one off cleans. They also think that its their right to move the goal posts whenever they please.

I think we have to assume that every new customer will be a one off and price the first clean accordingly.  But specify that subsequent cleans are X amount.

You will probably loose that customer once the third clean is done because they may have felt that if they would have to pay 3 times more for the first clean then they might as well get the next 2 for free.

Just expect that they will invent new excuses each time you go there until either one of you calls it quits.

Its all part and parcel of building a business. Canvass, clean and cull - the 3 c's - and that process could happen on the same day.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

chris turner

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 07:59:50 pm »
As spruce says we should all probably charge more for first cleans. Sometimes I just can't bring myself to do it though as I don't want to frighten off potentially good, regular customers.