This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Setting up a second base
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:57:45 pm »
In about 18 months we plan to set up another base and try to grow that to 10 vans in a 2 year period.

I cannot find another company cleaning houses with 2 bases in the uk, will we be the first? exciting times ahead.  Time for another million leaflets!
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

P @ F

Re: Setting up a second base
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 10:02:46 pm »
Just think of all the friends you will make in 18 months  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Lee Pryor

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 10:04:35 pm »
I am sure I will be as popular as ever!

P @ F

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 10:05:46 pm »
You are gonna need a way bigger TV now Lee !
Fair play to you mate , just dont come to Plymouth eh !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 10:13:53 pm »
In about 18 months we plan to set up another base and try to grow that to 10 vans in a 2 year period.

I cannot find another company cleaning houses with 2 bases in the uk, will we be the first? exciting times ahead.  Time for another million leaflets!
why do you want to have a business that big ? Sounds like a nightmare to me running something that size hope you manage to work it out , I think you will find there are several big firms that have multipal bases in the U.K. , mitie, OCS are just two that spring to mind , not that Ime saying they do a good job though

Og

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:14:04 pm »
We're looking at this too.
Albeit on a far smaller scale than yourself. And aiming for the pv market.
Possibilities are endless.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 10:16:48 pm »
You are gonna need a way bigger TV now Lee !
Fair play to you mate , just dont come to Plymouth eh !

Ah your safe.

Yes there will need to be TV,s I plan to replicate exactly the set up we have now. Same everything.

I actually think it will be quite easy, other than the given issues going through 5 people to get and keep 1 good one. Im prepared for that.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 10:20:17 pm »

why do you want to have a business that big ? Sounds like a nightmare to me running something that size hope you manage to work it out , I think you will find there are several big firms that have multipal bases in the U.K. , mitie, OCS are just two that spring to mind , not that Ime saying they do a good job though

I mean residential companies not commercial. They do not clean houses. Houses are our main focus.

The answer to why is easy. I want to earn the money. 2 bases would give us a monthly turnover of £130K

Actually its not a nightmare at all. The key is getting and keeping the right people. There is a formular to that which I already have.

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 10:20:29 pm »
We're looking at this too.
Albeit on a far smaller scale than yourself. And aiming for the pv market.
Possibilities are endless.
are you going to compete with solar steve ?? He seames  to have abandoned the forum again , we have found it un economic to do the big solar farms any more as prices are so poor , still do a few roof mounts on farms and industrial units etc and houses how are you finding the market at the moment ? We are still having a number of large solar farms installed around hear but no local cleaners are intrested in doing them as more money can be earned doing domestic 3 bed semis !!!! Sounds daft but it's true

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 10:30:46 pm »
Ah sorry missed the domestic bit !!! That's a lot of houses , dont envy you sorting that lot out two vans is enough for me !! 😂😂😂😂😂

Lee Pryor

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2017, 10:37:34 pm »
Ah sorry missed the domestic bit !!! That's a lot of houses , dont envy you sorting that lot out two vans is enough for me !! 😂😂😂😂😂

Its actually easier than most realise. Just have the right processes in place, then its just a numbers game. We will need about 5000 houses for 10 vans.

Tosh

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 12:35:07 am »
There's going to be literally hundreds of shiners who work out of more than one base. A place, for example, where they setup, have their main round, the place probably where they learnt the ropes; then when they go and stay at the long-term girlfriends place who lives 150 miles away they've started to develop a round there. Easily done, most guys in that kind of situation have probably reflected on the viability of such a set up.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

STEVE-UK

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:20 am »

Lee, 10 vans in 2 years, you can create £78k round in just over 2 months?  thats good going!

is you work all regular window cleans only or add on services included?

richyp

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 12:57:22 pm »
Do you use facebook for getting new customers lee or is it solely leaflets ?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 01:03:57 pm »
TV and leaflets. Nothing else now. Facebook, adwords, radio are all a waste of time.

We will use the profit from base 1 to grow base 2. It will require 2 million leaflets over a 2 year period.  Aprox £230k investment over that period.

Steve, 10 vans with us will be more like 60-65K a month. So 2 bases target will be 120-130k a month.

Its all services combined but mostly windows.

sunshine windows

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 01:10:25 pm »
Good on you Lee. Looks like a few on here should be eating a bit of humble pie, after slating you for selling you house to finance the first phase of your operation.

How far afield are you thinking of going from your current location?
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 01:15:29 pm »
Good on you Lee. Looks like a few on here should be eating a bit of humble pie, after slating you for selling you house to finance the first phase of your operation.

How far afield are you thinking of going from your current location?

we go about 30 miles in every direction now. A map of our area is on our website for those that are interested. We will cover  a different area the same size from the new base. In fact everything will be mirrored exactly as it is in base 1. We are at least 18 months away from setting that base up but we are planning it from now.

Tom-01

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 01:46:42 pm »
What brushes are best to clean that many houses?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
I can tell you that Gardiners stiff sill brush is our brush of choice!

ashbash

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 02:56:00 pm »
great stuff lee but what the end goal

is it to drive a nice car etc or is it so you can retire