Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul alan

18 volt powered reel*field tested*
« on: July 24, 2017, 09:29:49 pm »
Was reeling in today  and thinking, l wander how much easier days would be without reeling in upto 30 times.

Theres been a lot of talk on here about these power reels and on a thread p@f said he uses a drill, so lve just been and tried that and l have to admitt the mans a genius!

We now have two "power" reels on board with no other equipment to be bought/installed/carried whatsoever.

The only battery to be charged is 2x 18volt drills batterys.

Im aware l may encounter some problems??? But ln theory lm looking forward to see'ing how this new addition pan's out.

Cheer's p@f!!

Well l spent today without hand reeling and l loved it!

Noticibly less shoulder wear and can honestly say l felt less fatigued by the end of the day.

Just pop the drill bit over the nut and whizz, the hose flies in. We probably did 25 houses and when l checked l had shaved 17 mins off the last time l did the same round, partly the reason for that though was because l was trying to be quicker. I figured if l could try to spend half the time on each pane it would add up by the end of the day, guess l'll gona need more practice at that.

Its definatly quicker than me at reeling and saved me some energy.

And it was from stuff l have lying around anyways so didnt cost a penny.

Would definatly recommend giving it a go, l'm sold and will no longer be manualy reeling in. I'm realy looking forward to other certain rounds where l have to do lots of reeling, its gonna be a "rev"elation.

paul alan

Re: 18 volt powered reel*field tested*
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:01:44 pm »
Reely looking forward to trying more stuff to save time and energy, the other thing at the top of my list of most anoying to work with is the damm hoses.

What is it like with 60 meters of pole hose on the reel anyone????

robbo333

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:04:24 pm »
I don't know about powered reels but I can reel in 60m of pole hose on my Claber reel with two fingers.
So it should be a doodle for you.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

paul alan

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »
My reels not claber or anything new, l bought it second hand 5 years ago and l dont know how old it was then.

Still lm no slouch like but this is even easier, and very novelty at the mo.

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:34:17 pm »
I do find it funny how people do think ones who use a motor on a reel are lazy or unfit.

Horse n cart upgraded to cars and now we even have super cars.

Hand held tools upgraded to power tools.
Comb n scissors to electric clippers
And so the list goes on.
Manual reel upgrade to electric reel
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk