This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Pryor

Re: Setting up a second base
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 04:13:26 pm »
great stuff lee but what the end goal

is it to drive a nice car etc or is it so you can retire

The end goal is to have 2 bases, 20 vans on the road and the level of income to have the lifestyle I aspire to, and a business I can be proud of.

I have always had a very clear picture in my mind of the house I want, cars, holidays, work hours each week ect ect....

Those are my goals.

Just to add that I don't look down on anyone who doesn't have those sort of goals. I don't expect to be hated on here because I have those aspirations.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 05:06:42 pm »
Lee. Who do you use for leafletting? Is it royal mail, your own staff or do you outsource to a company?

Tried outsourcing a couple of times but always found results to be very poor vs delivering them myself. So obviously they are not getting delivered.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 05:18:52 pm »
As many know I use jog post for our delivery. We also use others from time to time.

I think the most important thing when choosing is to get a company that uses GPS tracking with their staff and lets you the customer see that in action.

8weekly

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 06:29:44 pm »
Lee. Who do you use for leafletting? Is it royal mail, your own staff or do you outsource to a company?

Tried outsourcing a couple of times but always found results to be very poor vs delivering them myself. So obviously they are not getting delivered.
Get your leafleters to use Strava.

Danny F

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2017, 12:32:03 pm »
very inspiring to see lee but i think its fantastic that you share it on here to show boys what can be done with focus.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 01:13:26 pm »
Well done Lee, it is amazing what can be done with grit and determination.  Looks like there is a race on for getting a second base opened for servicing mainly (99%) domestic customers.  ;)

STEVE-UK

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 02:43:18 pm »
Lee

Do jogpost deliver to rural properties?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2017, 02:46:40 pm »
Lee

Do jogpost deliver to rural properties?

I dont know. I think they need an area of at least 5000

STEVE-UK

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2017, 03:16:37 pm »
Are you nearly at full capacity at your current location?

I do find your plan Interesting and does make me think about the direction I'm going

I don't feel as secure with all my eggs in one basket, so going  down  the route of multiple smaller businesses

What staffing structure will you need to operate each location,  i.e office staff, manager, maintenance, there has to be lower profit margin with the extra staff required to operate, but hey, it's the annual profit you get that makes it all worth while

Lee Pryor

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2017, 03:33:11 pm »
Are you nearly at full capacity at your current location?

I do find your plan Interesting and does make me think about the direction I'm going

I don't feel as secure with all my eggs in one basket, so going  down  the route of multiple smaller businesses

What staffing structure will you need to operate each location,  i.e office staff, manager, maintenance, there has to be lower profit margin with the extra staff required to operate, but hey, it's the annual profit you get that makes it all worth while

Not quite full here yet. Another year I think.

Each base will have 3 full time office staff. A manager and 2 others so there will never be less than 2 people in each base if someone is off. I will still manage fleet, equipment, marketing and financial things. I will split my work from home and in both bases every few weeks.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 05:13:00 pm »
Sounds like a plan, not too many staff so should be quite manageable,

How many full rounds/ vans running  do you have now ?

supernova77

« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 05:23:33 pm »
Is base number 1 in profit yet?

Mick Kent

« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 10:31:10 am »
TV and leaflets. Nothing else now. Facebook, adwords, radio are all a waste of time.

We will use the profit from base 1 to grow base 2. It will require 2 million leaflets over a 2 year period.  Aprox £230k investment over that period.

Steve, 10 vans with us will be more like 60-65K a month. So 2 bases target will be 120-130k a month.

Its all services combined but mostly windows.

Is 65k a month not enough to be turning over then no? Surely there is over 20k a month profit there.
A million every 4 years.

That aside you surely dont lack ambition or motivation, total fair play for what you have built up and achieved.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2017, 07:42:53 pm »
Is base number 1 in profit yet?

yes

Lee Pryor

« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 07:52:52 pm »
TV and leaflets. Nothing else now. Facebook, adwords, radio are all a waste of time.

We will use the profit from base 1 to grow base 2. It will require 2 million leaflets over a 2 year period.  Aprox £230k investment over that period.

Steve, 10 vans with us will be more like 60-65K a month. So 2 bases target will be 120-130k a month.

Its all services combined but mostly windows.

Is 65k a month not enough to be turning over then no? Surely there is over 20k a month profit there.
A million every 4 years.

That aside you surely dont lack ambition or motivation, total fair play for what you have built up and achieved.

£20k yes

After corporation tax and dividend tax its still not a lot IMO. I want to be taking home after all taxes something like 17-20K a month. We viewed a brand new house last weekend that was £1.5m the monthly repayment is £5k throw in a few nice cars for me and the mrs ect ect holidays. I want to be able to save 5-7K a month so we can by an ivestment property every 2 years (pension plan) we would like to by a villa in portugal as the first one ect sudenly to have that life that is the amount required to make it happen.

I always picture my end goals and work out how much is required to make it happen.  That is the life I have decided to have. It doesnt make me wrong, greedy, unhappy and all the other names I get called here. It just means thats what I want. Others want different things and thats fine.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2017, 09:00:58 am »
Well done Lee! An inspiration and a reminder as to what can be done.

But don't forget to enjoy the journey.

All work and no play ... and even Luke 12 v 16 - 20.  ;)
It's a game of three halves!

Delta

« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2017, 09:34:35 am »
Hello Lee,
I really admire your drive and enthusiasm. I would love your set up but managing that many employees would scare me :-)

With 12 employees how to you mange their 28 day holiday periods? I can see how the girls could cover for each other but what about the window cleaners? Do you just move on their round on a week or two on CP or do you try and get the work done?

Walter Mitty

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2017, 09:38:28 am »
Well done Lee! An inspiration and a reminder as to what can be done.

But don't forget to enjoy the journey.

All work and no play ... and even Luke 12 v 16 - 20.  ;)

I just looked that up online (I don't have one in my book collection).  It was archaic language and I read it as (paraphrased) "Have fun, because you can't take it with you."  :)   Hope you didn't book time for making that post :)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 09:49:14 am »
Hello Lee,
I really admire your drive and enthusiasm. I would love your set up but managing that many employees would scare me :-)

With 12 employees how to you mange their 28 day holiday periods? I can see how the girls could cover for each other but what about the window cleaners? Do you just move on their round on a week or two on CP or do you try and get the work done?

We don't have 12 cleaners yet.

Without going into all the small details. Holiday, sickness, tax.......ect ect is part of any business and you simply factor those things into the model.

Tosh

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 10:01:04 am »
Lee, bung us a tenner ;)
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'