This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clever Forum Name

Flyer return rates
« on: May 06, 2017, 07:57:38 am »
What sort of % are these nowadays.

Haven't bothered for ages but just wondering.

k.diver

Re: Flyer return rates
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 08:38:57 am »
its a numbers game as ever . in my opinion you need to dole them out over an extended period i.e. years  not months and certainly not weeks

you put out just 1000 flyers of any design chances are you get nothing worth having back

put out 200 000  [sporadically] of any design and youll have a big business -for sure

5-7 yrs ago i put out about 30 000  [over a 2/3 yr period]  and it got me a really solid business enough to have a couple of employees once the flyering got underway proper 

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 08:46:48 am »
Firstly you have to guarantee they are getting delivered to draw any conclusion that's the hardest part.

I supposedly had 8k delivered recently buy only had 5 calls so I have my suspicions!

When done myself I got 13 calls from 5k but some of the calls came a few months later so it's best to have  a constant drip. You just have to fins a cost effective way of getting them out.

I'd rather employ a canvasser. If you could pay a lad on say 16 hours a week Mon to Friday 3 hours an evening at say 8 quid an hour basic plus maybe a bit of commision on top the return should be far greater.  When I've tried it before it'd worked out well. just hard to find someone

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 09:18:41 am »
About 0.996%  for me

k.diver

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 09:54:57 am »
Firstly you have to guarantee they are getting delivered to draw any conclusion that's the hardest part.

I supposedly had 8k delivered recently buy only had 5 calls so I have my suspicions!

yep,thats the crux of flyers. i learned youv got to be out there supervising the delivering  or you can easily be wasting your money

quite recently a guy in my town has set up a flyer delivery service and advertizing it  .  doing it himself so he says

he was also a "computer expert" not so long back and i got him to update my satnav but it was never updated yet he took my money

id like to take him up on what seems to me to be a bargain offer "1000 flyers delivered for £21 " and follow him around on my pushbike making sure its done right .  i know from experience that 500 is about the max that anyone will do per day .   

Mick Kent

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 12:32:21 pm »
For window cleaning if you want a solid compact round then simply knock yourself or get canvassers in, its all good putting out thousands of leaflets but they will simply be scattered customers all over the shot. i haven't got any roads where i just do 1 house on its own, mine are all 4/5/6 from 1 van move on terrace roads or a few bigger houses doing 2/3 from 1 move. Most of the roads i clean in i make sure i have them sown up by canvassing every 6 months and always talking and saying hello to the ones i don't already do.
Id hate to be stop start all day doing 1 here and 1 there as would be hard to make enough pound notes. i have always seen it as time is money and the more time your traveling between jobs reeling in and out or in my case wasting time getting to the backs etc the less time your earning pound notes on cream work.
sure you will get customers from leaflets but a hell of a lot less than if canvassed, 10.000 leaflets to get 50/100 customers spread out vs 1000 doors to get 100/200 customers compact id take the doors all day long.

Dry Clean

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 12:52:09 pm »

yep,thats the crux of flyers. i learned youv got to be out there supervising the delivering  or you can easily be wasting your money

quite recently a guy in my town has set up a flyer delivery service and advertizing it  .  doing it himself so he says

he was also a "computer expert" not so long back and i got him to update my satnav but it was never updated yet he took my money

id like to take him up on what seems to me to be a bargain offer "1000 flyers delivered for £21 " and follow him around on my pushbike making sure its done right .  i know from experience that 500 is about the max that anyone will do per day .

He's either taking you for a ride or your flyer will be delivered along with at least 10 others, even then it would just about pay him.
You've got to ask yourself even if they are delivered what chance have they of getting noticed amongst 10 other flyers.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2017, 01:24:42 pm »
Started in 2006 and as I couldn't speak the local lingo... Dutch.... I had to put out leaflets and my wife would take the calls..... Our experience of leaflets is about 0.5% will call.

Cheers Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 08:47:49 am »
For window cleaning if you want a solid compact round then simply knock yourself or get canvassers in, its all good putting out thousands of leaflets but they will simply be scattered customers all over the shot. i haven't got any roads where i just do 1 house on its own, mine are all 4/5/6 from 1 van move on terrace roads or a few bigger houses doing 2/3 from 1 move. Most of the roads i clean in i make sure i have them sown up by canvassing every 6 months and always talking and saying hello to the ones i don't already do.
Id hate to be stop start all day doing 1 here and 1 there as would be hard to make enough pound notes. i have always seen it as time is money and the more time your traveling between jobs reeling in and out or in my case wasting time getting to the backs etc the less time your earning pound notes on cream work.
sure you will get customers from leaflets but a hell of a lot less than if canvassed, 10.000 leaflets to get 50/100 customers spread out vs 1000 doors to get 100/200 customers compact id take the doors all day long.

If 10000 leaflets produced 50 to 100 customers you could dominate the uk in no time. Reality is 10000 leaflets might produce 20 enquiries if they are delivered solo and actually get delivered.  Results could be half that in reality.  Dont forget those enquiries have to be converted and then the process of weeding out the crap beings. You would be lucky to get 10 decent customers from 10k.

k.diver

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 09:39:09 am »

If 10000 leaflets produced 50 to 100 customers you could dominate the uk in no time. Reality is 10000 leaflets might produce 20 enquiries if they are delivered solo and actually get delivered.  Results could be half that in reality.  Dont forget those enquiries have to be converted and then the process of weeding out the crap beings. You would be lucky to get 10 decent customers from 10k.
  but whod want to dominate? mostly folk want to just earn a decent living.  have you doled out 10k leaflets?

i doled out around 30k leaflets over a two or 3 yrs period[each Spring]  and it brought in around 600 customers , so i know that leafletting does work .  of course some were wasters but im saying 600 was the net result, about 100 on top of that were rubbishy types

Lee Pryor

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 10:06:57 am »
We did 1 million last year. 250k the year before that, 300k so far this year.

I simply dont believe you got 600 customers from as little as 30k

In my experience and I have more than anyone else here or in the UK you will get 1-3 per 1000

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

k.diver

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 10:10:37 am »

to be honest i didnt count the exact number [as i printed them myself i wasnt keeping tally ] maybe it was 40k but doubt it was 50k i printed  [and i still dont count things ! whats that about eh]    but i DO  know by the time the  targetted leafletting was over

the dole out was done by me n the lads/girlfriends to make absolutely sure was done right

id burned out 3 home type printers [epson sx 235/435 oh boy how i loved you all]  and  end  result there was now me and 3 fulltime lads on the squeegee ,

so surely it was 600 houses end result? .  i know i did knock a few doors, probably 100 but no more than that  as i  was never great at that ,it dragged my spirits down too much

i feel, in my water ,we are now cleaning about 800 houses monthly tho could be only 700 -  not counted in years

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 03:22:21 pm »

In my experience and I have more than anyone else here or in the UK you will get 1-3 per 1000

Glad you have said that Lee because that's been my experience too. I have put out around the 30k mark over the last couple of years and its averaged roughly 2-3 per 1000 when done solo. When they have gone out with others that's dropped to about 1 per 1000.

600 customers from 30k and I'm sure you would be 10 years ahead of where you are now.

If those figures are true then Mick must be extreme lucky he has no competion in that area or possibly a bit of B.S has been spouted.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2017, 04:47:34 pm »
Leaflets don't work.  Don't waste your time.

Vin

robbo333

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2017, 05:24:18 pm »
Over the last 4 years I have achieved an average of 4 customers for every 1,000 leaflets. Each time it was a blanket drop of 10,000 over a period of 2 months, but in areas of my choosing. They probably went out with 6 other leaflets (none were cleaning). I am very happy with the result. Now i'm busy and I need my leafletting targeted to specific streets, so my stepson does it on his days off from college. Also I target sold houses (thanks Mick Kent). Just leaflet, not knocking, and my hit rate is about 1 custy for every 4 leaflets.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

C & S

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 06:08:03 pm »
Leaflets do work,
Slow and time consuming.
Get up early and spend an hour a day delivering.
And an hour after work.
At the beginning, until you start to get busy if you just starting out.

slap bash

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 09:03:30 pm »
Call advertising a numbers game is putting it in the most simplistic form. Try just putting window cleaning and phone no and see what return you will get. It`s content game. It`s a visual game. It's an impact. It's a timing game. Its a retention game. `It's a repetitive game. And `correct delivery game.
Advertising is complex 
I am not prepared to tell how to get results but my return this year on small numbers of 35-50 a day is 10%. And my formula is based on these facts.
Sending out large numbers of leaflets at a high is throwing money away. You need to understand what you are trying to achieve and understand who your target customer is.

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 09:55:10 pm »
Call advertising a numbers game is putting it in the most simplistic form. Try just putting window cleaning and phone no and see what return you will get. It`s content game. It`s a visual game. It's an impact. It's a timing game. Its a retention game. `It's a repetitive game. And `correct delivery game.
Advertising is complex 
I am not prepared to tell how to get results but my return this year on small numbers of 35-50 a day is 10%. And my formula is based on these facts.
Sending out large numbers of leaflets at a high is throwing money away. You need to understand what you are trying to achieve and understand who your target customer is.

I disagree:
I would send out 10,000 at a time. These cost £480 to print and deliver to areas of my choosing. 
I designed them myself and produced the artwork. (I am an ex graphic designer and advertising professional)
I would get, on average,  4 custies from  1000 leaflets. About 40 custies in total.
My average house price is £19 so about £760
In that, I would also get at least 4 fascia, soffit, gutter cleans (sometimes 5-8) at about £120 each (additional to windows)
Total income about £1,240 (more with extra fsg cleans)
I would lose about a quarter of those custies over the next 2 cleans (I am picky) but still a good ROI.

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

slap bash

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 10:56:26 pm »
So you are amazing. I still stand by what I say. Out of your 1000 you are producing 996 pieced of garbage, I would not call that affected advertising. But if you are happy to do that, fine with me. Well done. Could do better if you applied your mind as a professional.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2017, 08:05:30 am »
So you are amazing. I still stand by what I say. Out of your 1000 you are producing 996 pieced of garbage, I would not call that affected advertising. But if you are happy to do that, fine with me. Well done. Could do better if you applied your mind as a professional.

Its effective ROI though, thats all that matters.

If he is paying 500 quid to get leaflets designed and delievred and hes getting a 1000 back who cares get a million out there asap

But thats why i dont believe these figures or R.O.I if it was simply a case of sticking out 10k and double your investment then we could all build rounds in no time at all and all have massive companies. If R.O.I is as good as some of you lot say then why are you not millionaires?