This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David Kent @ KentKleen

Re: Flyer return rates
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 09:47:14 am »
Drip effect marketing.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 11:31:47 am »
Well Im not a lier thank you for that.

Response rate and return on investment are 2 very different things. So If I spent 100k to deliver 1million leaflets and get 2 or 3 jobs per thousand that adds 200k to our yearly turnover. So thats a return of double what we spent. So to answer your questiontion I will keep paying year after year for such good results.
this has rankled with me. the miserable result.
i mean youre saying that if a leafleter doles out 1000 fliers ONLY 3  new customers result. yeh?   my own experience is that is 2 days work  by 1 man  if its done properly . anyone who says a man can dole out 1000 in a day,day after day, is not somebody whose done the job or even supervised a leafletting effort
  anyway,lets say the leafletter gets paid 40 quid a day ,this is low nobody will do it for long any lower than that. ok  40 quid  for two days is 80 quid + the cost of the leaflets  say 90 quid  but youre only getting  3 customers at 15 quid each tops 

and youre saying that result is acceptable?

the very worst leafletting effort i ever did/supervised was 500 put out and not 1 single call.   most every other leafletting effort i did or supervised doing was 500 leaflets out for 10 new jobs in .    i call that average  but compared to you its spectacular

i know im not faking it and you say youre not either. something doesnt add up.   my conclusion is that youre scatterbombing your leaflets  not caring one jot where they land. spend a thousand pounds but 2 thousand is the end result?,

im not buying that

Your just not getting it are you.

You are looking at the completely wrong set of numbers.

Response rate means nothing!

Return on investment is the ONLY thing that matters.

Spend £100k (as I idid) get back £200k added to our annual business (as we did) = good results

You seems to be intent on calling me a lier, which is a bit weird to be honest. Why would I be lying? Why does it matter if you think things don't add up?

That's what we spent, that's what we got. End of really.

If you think a 200% return on investment seen within a 12 month period is a bad result then you really shouldn't be running a business. That's a bit laughable.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Stoots

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 12:35:02 pm »

Response rate and return on investment are 2 very different things. So If I spent 100k to deliver 1million leaflets and get 2 or 3 jobs per thousand that adds 200k to our yearly turnover. So thats a return of double what we spent. So to answer your questiontion I will keep paying year after year for such good results.
i mean youre saying that if a leafleter doles out 1000 fliers ONLY 3  new customers result. yeh?   my own experience is that is 2 days work  by 1 man  if its done properly . anyone who says a man can dole out 1000 in a day,day after day, is not somebody whose done the job or even supervised a leafletting effort
  anyway,lets say the leafletter gets paid 40 quid a day ,this is low nobody will do it for long any lower than that. ok  40 quid  for two days is 80 quid + the cost of the leaflets  say 90 quid  but youre only getting  3 customers at 15 quid each tops 

the very worst leafletting effort i ever did/supervised was 500 put out and not 1 single call.   most every other leafletting effort i did or supervised doing was 500 leaflets out for 10 new jobs in .    i call that average  but compared to you its spectacular

i know im not faking it and you say youre not either. something doesnt add up.   my conclusion is that youre scatterbombing your leaflets  not caring one jot where they land. spend a thousand pounds but 2 thousand is the end result?,

im not buying that

Spend £100k (as I idid) get back £200k added to our annual business (as we did) = good results

You seems to be intent on calling me a lier, which is a bit weird to be honest. Why would I be lying? Why does it matter if you think things don't add up?

If you think a 200% return on investment seen within a 12 month period is a bad result then you really shouldn't be running a business. That's a bit laughable.

Lee.

When you say you spent 100k and got 200k back is that 200k in new customer first cleans or 200k in total revenue over the year?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2017, 01:03:01 pm »
Increase of annual turnover

jo5hm4n

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2017, 01:28:01 pm »
Lee, some people on this forum are just numpties.  You can't please everyone lol.

I have never leafleted, but seeing your results done on such a large scale helps me to see that it is infact worth doing, if done properly. 

I find it useful to hear what sort of results window cleaners like yourself running a big operation are getting.  Helps to see that there is always that potential if you decide to grow your business that big.  Good to know that it's working for somebody else.

Keep up the posts about your results i think it's great.  ;D

k.diver

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2017, 03:04:42 pm »
from what i remember your flyer lee was very clear but very unmemorable .  thats not me bein critical just honest 

my opinion if youre doin flyers  you should  not do a  typical flyer

instead outsource  the flyer design to  someone else not in the industry [an artisan but not someone who smokes bacon not that type ]who usually did not design flyers but comes at it from a completely diffrent angle .   

8weekly

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2017, 03:24:58 pm »
from what i remember your flyer lee was very clear but very unmemorable .  thats not me bein critical just honest 

instead outsource  the flyer design to  someone else not in the industry [an artisan but not someone who smokes bacon not that type ]who usually did not design flyers but comes at it from a completely diffrent angle .   
;D ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2017, 04:25:50 pm »
from what i remember your flyer lee was very clear but very unmemorable .

I've seen it and it's far from unmemorable.  As far as I know there's no other window cleaner in Britain with a similar one.

Vin

Lee Pryor

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2017, 09:52:39 pm »

This post is a joke right?

k.diver

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2017, 10:06:12 pm »

you dont see it dyou.  now yer raging

summat wrong wiv those 3 in a 1000 results

seems youre quite happy that youre doublin yer money  ,but yer  blinkered .     id wager you could have quadruple the result with

A- a flyer designed by someone not in the industry

b-  foolproof delivery strategy .  not jus flinging out 1000s  with a delivery firm  wholl take you for a ride   cos u didnt check it religiously was done right

robbo333

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2017, 10:37:53 pm »

seems youre quite happy that youre doublin yer money  ,but yer  blinkered .     id wager you could have quadruple the result with

b-  foolproof delivery strategy .  not jus fli ;nging out 1000s  with a delivery firm  wholl take you for a ride   cos u didnt check it religiously was done right

...and when it's done, you could proof read it for Lee.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dry Clean

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 10:41:17 pm »
The return on leaflets will depend on a number of things therefore its impossible to say what return anybody should be getting,
I got nothing from leaflets simply because people where fed up with the amount of junk mail and leaflets they where getting through their doors.
Think of it like phone cold calling, a couple of times a year and you might give the person a chance, twice or more a day everyday and you want nothing from any of them.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2017, 11:04:25 pm »

b-  foolproof delivery strategy .  not jus fli ;nging out 1000s  with a delivery firm  wholl take you for a ride   cos u didnt check it religiously was done right

Thanks for the email Rob. Speak soon

Bungle

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2017, 11:23:30 pm »

Thanks for the email Rob. Speak soon

Why not email him back thanking him for his email instead of thanking him for his email on an open forum?

Look at me I know rob  :P
We look at them, they look through them.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2017, 11:26:23 pm »

b-  foolproof delivery strategy .  not jus flinging out 1000s  with a delivery firm  wholl take you for a ride   cos u didnt check it religiously was done right

Sorry, but this is absolute banter LOL.  I love how you're actually thinking that you are giving good advice to somebody who is clearly already running a successful business and knows what he is doing.  You are questioning his methods as if you can do so much better yourself.  It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have the spelling and punctuation of a 5 year old....... ;D ;D ;D

k.diver

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2017, 03:55:34 am »
nobody likes taking advice 

im jus throwing my oar in .  im someone who has done leafletting on a fair size scale [30k]  and it was VERY  successful for me
so hear me out..

give me that furkin oar

no no no

but its made lee think

help meee ,                    , help...
me
.....hes got a point my flyers arent cutting it  ..... where can i find this Artisan hes on about ,,,,hmmmm

dont look at me  tho, im in the industry 

8weekly

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2017, 06:15:08 am »

Spat my coffee.

jason65

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2017, 06:41:57 am »

im not buying that

im not buying that

Lee.

When you say you spent 100k and got 200k back is that 200k in new customer first cleans or 200k in total revenue over the year?

I totally agree with you,  from what i m reading, people are to hooked up on what the return rate is reference customer, It has nothing to do with how many customers reply to the advertising, It is about how much money it beings in,   You could get 100 replies from 10000 at £20, which brings in £2000,    or get 50 replies at  £50,  which brings in £2500. For the last 3 years i have been using Royal mail to delivery my leaflets, this year 38000 were delivered over a two  week period, it cost to print 38000 bye solo press £450 and £2100 for royal mail to delivery so combined outlay £2550,  i did an income forecast before the flyers went out, and that was first week of April, we are now only in the  middle of May and the income forecast is already £10,000 more, if you take away the cost of advertising thats already £7400 profit, and its only May,  and from experience you can probably add another £10000 bye the end of the year. i would also add the more strings to your bow the greater the return. i do mainly window cleaning, but when i advertise its pressure washing, patios drives, fsg, conservatoires, render cleaning. I pick up just as many window cleaning customers after doing the other bits, as i do just getting calls from people wanting there windows cleaned.  Look professional, work professional, be professional.      Dont turn up to clean someones patio with the B and Q £99 bank holiday special pressure washer.. Must dash of to a new customer today   windows conservatory  fsg and patio clean, its a long day but for £350 hey ho    itsssss Friday, as Del Boy says   LOVERLY JUBERLY.

stevieg

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2017, 08:31:48 am »
The official figure is 2 to 3% return.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 11:40:13 am »
The official figure is 2 to 3% return.

"Official"?

Vin