This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dry Clean

Re: Flyer return rates
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2017, 08:14:32 am »
Call advertising a numbers game is putting it in the most simplistic form. Try just putting window cleaning and phone no and see what return you will get. It`s content game. It`s a visual game. It's an impact. It's a timing game. Its a retention game. `It's a repetitive game. And `correct delivery game.
Advertising is complex 
I am not prepared to tell how to get results but my return this year on small numbers of 35-50 a day is 10%. And my formula is based on these facts.
Sending out large numbers of leaflets at a high is throwing money away. You need to understand what you are trying to achieve and understand who your target customer is.

I disagree:
I would send out 10,000 at a time. These cost £480 to print and deliver to areas of my choosing. 
I designed them myself and produced the artwork. (I am an ex graphic designer and advertising professional)
I would get, on average,  4 custies from  1000 leaflets. About 40 custies in total.
My average house price is £19 so about £760
In that, I would also get at least 4 fascia, soffit, gutter cleans (sometimes 5-8) at about £120 each (additional to windows)
Total income about £1,240 (more with extra fsg cleans)
I would lose about a quarter of those custies over the next 2 cleans (I am picky) but still a good ROI.

How do you get 10 000 leaflets printed and delivered for £480 ? wouldn't even cover labour never mind the ink and paper.

robbo333

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2017, 08:29:53 am »
Call advertising a numbers game is putting it in the most simplistic form. Try just putting window cleaning and phone no and see what return you will get. It`s content game. It`s a visual game. It's an impact. It's a timing game. Its a retention game. `It's a repetitive game. And `correct delivery game.
Advertising is complex 
I am not prepared to tell how to get results but my return this year on small numbers of 35-50 a day is 10%. And my formula is based on these facts.
Sending out large numbers of leaflets at a high is throwing money away. You need to understand what you are trying to achieve and understand who your target customer is.

I disagree:
I would send out 10,000 at a time. These cost £480 to print and deliver to areas of my choosing. 
I designed them myself and produced the artwork. (I am an ex graphic designer and advertising professional)
I would get, on average,  4 custies from  1000 leaflets. About 40 custies in total.
My average house price is £19 so about £760
In that, I would also get at least 4 fascia, soffit, gutter cleans (sometimes 5-8) at about £120 each (additional to windows)
Total income about £1,240 (more with extra fsg cleans)
I would lose about a quarter of those custies over the next 2 cleans (I am picky) but still a good ROI.

How do you get 10 000 leaflets printed and delivered for £480 ? wouldn't even cover labour never mind the ink and paper.

I found a local print and distribution company near me. I designed the leaflets myself and sent them the artwork for them to print. I think they charged about £32 per 1,000 to deliver and the rest was the printing cost. They delivered my leaflet with about 6 others at the same time. The company is still in business, so I guess they do well out of it.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Og

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2017, 08:31:48 am »
We did 33000 last autumn. Cost about £2500. Took two months to pay for itself. No idea about how many per thousand as it's not relevant. Work is still coming in from that campaign.

I think it is on par with canvassing. However, we are all geographically unique and should expect different results.

robbo333

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 08:39:18 am »
So you are amazing. I still stand by what I say. Out of your 1000 you are producing 996 pieced of garbage, I would not call that affected advertising. But if you are happy to do that, fine with me. Well done. Could do better if you applied your mind as a professional.

Its effective ROI though, thats all that matters.

If he is paying 500 quid to get leaflets designed and delievred and hes getting a 1000 back who cares get a million out there asap

But thats why i dont believe these figures or R.O.I if it was simply a case of sticking out 10k and double your investment then we could all build rounds in no time at all and all have massive companies. If R.O.I is as good as some of you lot say then why are you not millionaires?

Yes you could. So rather than arguing about my figures, why don't you get on with it?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

slap bash

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2017, 09:24:59 am »
So this is a forum where we discuss matters of common interest. Learn from each other. There are always better ways to do things. But we need an open mind to do this.  I do try to invoke thought from time to time. But some, seem to take it personally. Sorry for me trying.

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 10:37:22 am »
So you are amazing. I still stand by what I say. Out of your 1000 you are producing 996 pieced of garbage, I would not call that affected advertising. But if you are happy to do that, fine with me. Well done. Could do better if you applied your mind as a professional.

If he is paying 500 quid to get leaflets designed and delievred and hes getting a 1000 back who cares get a million out there asap

But thats why i dont believe these figures or R.O.I if it was simply a case of sticking out 10k and double your investment then we could all build rounds in no time at all and all have massive companies. If R.O.I is as good as some of you lot say then why are you not millionaires?

Yes you could. So rather than arguing about my figures, why don't you get on with it?

Maybe because from my experience your figures are way out. If it was that simole we would all be millionaires was my point. Its not that easy hence why we are not.

Lee prior has said he gets 1-3 per 1000 and has put out a million.

I've had the same results with about 30k

So that's enough for me to draw the conclusion on the R.O.I what you say is irrelevant to me.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 11:01:12 am »

Maybe because from my experience your figures are way out. If it was that simole we would all be millionaires was my point. Its not that easy hence why we are not.

So that's enough for me to draw the conclusion on the R.O.I what you say is irrelevant to me.

We don't put out anywhere near the amounts of leaflets that a lot on here do, BUT, we do leaflet in a very special way, that again a lot on here can't be bothered to follow. (posts from years ago I was a laughing stock) Its not easy BUT it does work. And yes simply duplicated over a long period of time, millionaire's will be made. Our hit rate off leaflets would blow you away.  ;D

Mick Kent

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 11:51:11 am »
Whats this special way??
Hand deliver? Sealed envelope?
Or every few months at different times of the day? Thats the only way id ever do it if i was doing leaflets.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 11:55:22 am »
Nail on the head Mick. We use both those methods. Personalize our leaflets for different estates. Deliver on prime days and times when you know more leaflets will be actually looked at.   

JohnSmithUK

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 12:28:04 pm »
So, long and short of it is, everyone gets differing results, and there is no set way that will guarantee success.

Sounds about right, back to door knocking it is.
100% trad, and doing ok.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 02:25:33 pm »
So, long and short of it is, everyone gets differing results, and there is no set way that will guarantee success.

Sounds about right, back to door knocking it is.

I would suggest using lots of different methods rather than just one if you are looking to build your round up rapidly. For the first few years we used leaflets only (hence our honed method) we now use a mixture of leaflets, knocking and facebook. Hope this helps.

paul alan

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 03:10:34 pm »

We don't put out anywhere near the amounts of leaflets that a lot on here do, BUT, we do leaflet in a very special way, that again a lot on here can't be bothered to follow. (posts from years ago I was a laughing stock) Its not easy BUT it does work. And yes simply duplicated over a long period of time, millionaire's will be made. Our hit rate off leaflets would blow you away.  ;D
I sir am interested, can you tell me how to find this post?

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2017, 03:55:05 pm »

I sir am interested, can you tell me how to find this post?

I used to post quite regular, now just pop on to see whats new. Trawling through my back posts may help but this was a number of years ago.
There really is no secret, other than treating it as a serious way to bring in customers. Our local fast food takeaway leaflets our estate at least once a month. Same shop, same address, same service. Now how many window cleaners leaflet the same area once a month? (I suggest twice a month between the hours of 1.30pm and 2.30pm daily or on a sunday morning)
I have grown my business successfully with leaflets and only recently added door knocking (excellent way of building compact work)
We currently pull in on average 30 to 40 jobs a week excluding walk ups. 

slap bash

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 09:28:28 am »
Mick Kent I agree with all that you say. There is a better way to leaflet.  Some just don`t get it. Chucking out thousands with a small return just don`t think there might be another way. I get amazing results from a more targeted leaflet. Making sure you leaflet even gets read and not get dumped, will make a good start.

k.diver

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2017, 07:29:19 pm »
if lee pryor is only getting a couple of jobs from a 1000 leaflets   somethings very  wrong

id wager whoever is delivering them is diddling him something rotten! probably only putting out a couple of hundred and then binning the rest

else hes lying about the results. i mean whose gonna pay [and keep paying ! ]year after year for such miserable results ,  it dont make sense

Lee Pryor

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2017, 08:07:42 pm »
Well Im not a lier thank you for that.

Response rate and return on investment are 2 very different things. So If I spent 100k to deliver 1million leaflets and get 2 or 3 jobs per thousand that adds 200k to our yearly turnover. So thats a return of double what we spent. So to answer your questiontion I will keep paying year after year for such good results.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Danny F

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2017, 10:53:17 pm »
if lee pryor is only getting a couple of jobs from a 1000 leaflets   somethings very  wrong

id wager whoever is delivering them is diddling him something rotten! probably only putting out a couple of hundred and then binning the rest

else hes lying about the results. i mean whose gonna pay [and keep paying ! ]year after year for such miserable results ,  it dont make sense

it seems you have answered your own question. If you deliver 1,000,000 leaflets, and are getting 3 customers per 1000. Multiply that out and work out the numbers. It certainly isnt chump change

Rob.Hall

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2017, 11:07:00 pm »
In collage we were advised that leafleting would bring in normally 1-3 customers for every 10,000 dropped.

k.diver

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 03:49:57 am »

Response rate and return on investment are 2 very different things. So If I spent 100k to deliver 1million leaflets and get 2 or 3 jobs per thousand that adds 200k to our yearly turnover. So thats a return of double what we spent. So to answer your questiontion I will keep paying year after year for such good results.
this has rankled with me. the miserable result.
i mean youre saying that if a leafleter doles out 1000 fliers ONLY 3  new customers result. yeh?   my own experience is that is 2 days work  by 1 man  if its done properly . anyone who says a man can dole out 1000 in a day,day after day, is not somebody whose done the job or even supervised a leafletting effort
  anyway,lets say the leafletter gets paid 40 quid a day ,this is low nobody will do it for long any lower than that. ok  40 quid  for two days is 80 quid + the cost of the leaflets  say 90 quid  but youre only getting  3 customers at 15 quid each tops 

and youre saying that result is acceptable?

the very worst leafletting effort i ever did/supervised was 500 put out and not 1 single call.   most every other leafletting effort i did or supervised doing was 500 leaflets out for 10 new jobs in .    i call that average  but compared to you its spectacular

i know im not faking it and you say youre not either. something doesnt add up.   my conclusion is that youre scatterbombing your leaflets  not caring one jot where they land. spend a thousand pounds but 2 thousand is the end result?,

im not buying that

Stoots

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 06:23:12 am »

this has rankled with me. the miserable result.
i mean youre saying that if a leafleter doles out 1000 fliers ONLY 3  new customers result. yeh?   my own experience is that is 2 days work  by 1 man  if its done properly . anyone who says a man can dole out 1000 in a day,day after day, is not somebody whose done the job or even supervised a leafletting effort
  anyway,lets say the leafletter gets paid 40 quid a day ,this is low nobody will do it for long any lower than that. ok  40 quid  for two days is 80 quid + the cost of the leaflets  say 90 quid  but youre only getting  3 customers at 15 quid each tops 

and youre saying that result is acceptable?

the very worst leafletting effort i ever did/supervised was 500 put out and not 1 single call.   most every other leafletting effort i did or supervised doing was 500 leaflets out for 10 new jobs in .    i call that average  but compared to you its spectacular

i know im not faking it and you say youre not either. something doesnt add up.   my conclusion is that youre scatterbombing your leaflets  not caring one jot where they land. spend a thousand pounds but 2 thousand is the end result?,

im not buying that

Ive delivered thousands personally by hand and had an average of 2-3 per 1000. Of course I've had 0 per 500 and 2 per 100. But that's the average.

The figures you are talking are not the norm. Either you've posted a limited amount and got lucky or you've got very lucky.

If it were possible to get 10 jobs per 500 leaflets which takes an average of 3-4 hours I could build an empire overnight and be a millionaire by now.

There's no way leaflet return is as high as 1-2 % over a campaign of any size.

Unless you've stumbled across an an area with literally no competition whatso ever.

I mean I've leafleted a cul de sac of 100 houses and got 3 or 4  once because there was no windy on there.  I suppose if you were lucky enough to leaflet an entire village like that your results could be skewed but it's not the norm nationally.