Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tlwcs

Transit custom or vivaro?
« on: August 28, 2016, 12:45:29 pm »
Some great deals on the Vauxhall, pre reg 16 plate 12000 plus vat about 3.5k cheaper than the custom and made in the uk too. Anybody use one and anything to look out for.
Thanks. Tony

Clever Forum Name

Re: Transit custom or vivaro?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:41:35 pm »
New shape vivaro ?

tlwcs

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 01:48:08 pm »
New shape vivaro ?
I think so, 16 plate so I'm assuming so

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 01:54:22 pm »
Blimey then have plummeted in price if that's right.

My vote is still the custom though.

dd

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 03:46:08 pm »
Worth looking at the cirteon dispatch 2.0hdi. There always seem to be good deals on them if you look.

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 07:08:17 pm »
My brother shopped around for a Citroen dispatch and got a 2.0 ltr lwb for £15,000. I thought that was pretty good
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 07:53:35 am »
Some great deals on the Vauxhall, pre reg 16 plate 12000 plus vat about 3.5k cheaper than the custom and made in the uk too. Anybody use one and anything to look out for.
Thanks. Tony

Good price.
Motorsource are doing the Euro6 Transit Custom Limited 270 L1 130ps for £16295 + vat (new)which sounds quite pricey compared to that.

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 11:34:25 am »

Don Kee

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 02:47:32 pm »
They're in a different van class

Vivarro is more comparable to the 'normal' transit (pure work vehicles) if you're going to compare prices, the custom is more comparable to a transporter (work/reacreational)

The viarro front end has a face that only a mother would love & the interior is cheap looking

Custom is better looking and a better drive but I'd do a bit of reading on DPF's before you buy either just to see which would be best for you (Ford DPF has a horrible reputation, vauxhalls is quite good)

Also have a look at the specs for payloads etc...

Dave Willis

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2016, 04:36:53 pm »

Vivarro is more comparable to the 'normal' transit (pure work vehicles) if you're going to compare prices, the custom is more comparable to a transporter (work/reacreational) 

The viarro front end has a face that only a mother would love & the interior is cheap looking

Custom is better looking and a better drive but I'd do a bit of reading on DPF's before you buy either just to see which would be best for you (Ford DPF has a horrible reputation, vauxhalls is quite good)

.   Franky has bought one of those ugly ducklings I hear.

duncan h

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2016, 06:23:58 pm »
I love Fords. I have a mk7 transit and love driving it. Had issues at 2 years old though. Had a custom for 2 months. Drives like a car. Seats arnt as good as Transit. Not that good on fuel to say they are smaller.
If you can afford it, go VW. You get what you pay for. I think Renault look good. No idea what they are like

Don Kee

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2016, 06:26:43 pm »

.   Franky has bought one of those ugly ducklings I hear.

Yep, helped him protecktakote it over the weekend
He's gone for the LWB Sportive, looks like a decent workhorse

Its a nice drive, looks wise its not my cuppa tea though...
He had no problems with the old vivarro though and so stuck with the same, cant argue with the logic!

I've gone from a mark 6 to a custom and done less than 1500miles and Wednesday will be the second time I go back to Ford...who's the plonker?? :-[ :-[

Don Kee

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2016, 06:34:17 pm »
I love Fords. I have a mk7 transit and love driving it. Had issues at 2 years old though. Had a custom for 2 months. Drives like a car. Seats arnt as good as Transit. Not that good on fuel to say they are smaller.
If you can afford it, go VW. You get what you pay for. I think Renault look good. No idea what they are like

Which Custom did you go for? Seats are crap in the base and trend...

VW used to be the mutts nutts, only problem is they've barely changed andything in 10years, starting to look dated in & out imo

tlwcs

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 07:11:35 pm »

Funny you should say that, I'm looking at a two year old transporter tomorrow.

Dave Willis

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 07:27:11 pm »
Personally, I don't think I'll ever touch a VW ever again. Our family  must have owned five at least, every single one broke down including my sons Golf GTI - water pump at 16,000 miles. Utter crap the lot of them.

the king

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2016, 08:22:03 pm »
my vivaro has bin brill just hit 50k brought it with 39k the only thing that went rong was the gearbox but that was done under warnty with 2 months left on it ;D

the king

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2016, 08:24:55 pm »
does any one no much about the new 1.6cdti engine in the vivaro is it the same french psa engine like in the despatch, expert ect ?

dd

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:59 pm »
my vivaro has bin brill just hit 50k brought it with 39k the only thing that went rong was the gearbox but that was done under warnty with 2 months left on it ;D
Gearbox is a pretty major thing to go. I would not call a van good that I had only done 11k in and already had to replace gearbox.

jk999

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 12:01:27 am »
No the vans done 50k