This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

the king

Re: Transit custom or vivaro?
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2016, 06:07:35 am »
the vivaro 6 speed gear box is a week point as its a car gear box same as whats in the renault laguna   they can be rebilt for £500 as its the bearings that go on them vauxhall just replaced mine with a brand new one its funny as 2 of my friends have the 6 speed and there gear box is fine! one has over 130k there other has over 90k i think its just pot luck and how its driven my van was a bilding engeners van be for i got it so probly had a hard life heavly loaded all the time

Tom-01

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2016, 09:05:34 am »
I love Fords. I have a mk7 transit and love driving it. Had issues at 2 years old though. Had a custom for 2 months. Drives like a car. Seats arnt as good as Transit. Not that good on fuel to say they are smaller.
If you can afford it, go VW. You get what you pay for. I think Renault look good. No idea what they are like

Which Custom did you go for? Seats are crap in the base and trend...

VW used to be the mutts nutts, only problem is they've barely changed andything in 10years, starting to look dated in & out imo

I looked at a new Vivaro and Custom. Ended up getting a new Transporter Highline - nothing dated about it and doesn't even compare with the Custom or Vivaro looks and build wise IMO. A mate of mine got a new Vivaro and some plastic bits have already broken within 6 months. However it is just a work vehicle I suppose. The reason I went for the VW other than the quality is that they hold their value above any other van. I got the LWB so could easily be converted to a seven seater for when kids come along or a camper type van.

For the extra approx £100 a month to pay its worth it IMO.

Don Kee

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2016, 05:03:39 pm »
I love Fords. I have a mk7 transit and love driving it. Had issues at 2 years old though. Had a custom for 2 months. Drives like a car. Seats arnt as good as Transit. Not that good on fuel to say they are smaller.
If you can afford it, go VW. You get what you pay for. I think Renault look good. No idea what they are like

VW used to be the mutts nutts, only problem is they've barely changed andything in 10years, starting to look dated in & out imo

I looked at a new Vivaro and Custom. Ended up getting a new Transporter Highline - nothing dated about it and doesn't even compare with the Custom or Vivaro looks and build wise IMO. A mate of mine got a new Vivaro and some plastic bits have already broken within 6 months. However it is just a work vehicle I suppose. The reason I went for the VW other than the quality is that they hold their value above any other van. I got the LWB so could easily be converted to a seven seater for when kids come along or a camper type van.

For the extra approx £100 a month to pay its worth it IMO.

Different strokes for different folks I guess

the king

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2016, 05:08:47 pm »
ive had no plastic fall off mine yet its bin a solid van ,never had a vw but ive hurd there over priced and over rateded just wat ive hurd tho, the transit custum looks very nice i think, a friend had a vivaro no problims in 5 years then he got a custum but he does a lot of short stop start and the battory keeps going flat he has had to call the aa out  to get it started again  :o

dd

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »
No the vans done 50k
Yes but if you read the post he has only done 11k in the van, replaces the gearbox and still thinks it a good van. Even at 50k I would be extremely disappointed at having to replace a gearbox.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2016, 07:46:34 pm »
yep have a new vivario after swapping in my old one which had 92k on oclock for a 56plate and i had no trouble with the van except what was my own fault lol

new vivaro totally different to drive than the old one and the new 1.6l engine pulls better than the 2.0ltr old one even in eco mode

i went  with a long wheel base for my own reason out side of work,and i believe that theres more space in a normal swb than the custom,for the extra 3k more for the custom and what you get extra then is it worth it for work ? it wasnt for me

the van come up ticking the boxes and at a right price and give me a fair good price on trade in

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2016, 07:47:20 pm »
My brother shopped around for a Citroen dispatch and got a 2.0 ltr lwb for £15,000. I thought that was pretty good
thats not a good deal  ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2016, 07:04:50 am »
Where did you get it Franky? Local?

duncan h

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2016, 06:37:17 pm »

no idea. Had 3 all curtsey vans while they spent 6 months sorting my van out

AuRavelling79

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2016, 10:30:41 pm »
Pleased with my Hyundai iload. 2500cc RWD (good turning circle), air con that is better than my newer car - 1067kg payload. It was about £15,800 on the road from a local dealer.

Bought new in March 2012 and still has six months warranty left to run. No issues except a door handle snapped off a sliding door (I think the rubber got sticky in the sun) when I tugged it hard - which was replaced under warranty earlier this year.

But I've only done 24,000 miles so I would not expect any issues really. Maybe I would have thought it might need a clutch or starter motor for all the stop starts due to a compact round and a family car which gets more miles. But no, they are still going strong and I'm on the original battery too.

So only tyres and pads and one set of discs at the front.

---

BTW my '56 Doblo 1.3 I got new is still being used by Dan the Man with a 400L on about 55,000 miles for his round and no timing belt for him to worry about either.
It's a game of three halves!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 05:42:43 pm »
Where did you get it Franky? Local?
yep

vauxhall direct dealer in town