This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

flow controler
« on: January 16, 2015, 07:47:07 pm »
who uses one and who does not thinking of ditching mine
shiney one

Peter Fogwill

Re: flow controler
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:50:03 pm »
I wouldn't use one as I like the pump up full anyway.  A window takes a certain amount of water to clean, and the faster it's delivered the faster your on the next window.

paul ette

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 08:14:59 pm »
always use one, dont like using a jetwash ;D

ChumBucket

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 08:51:59 pm »
I wouldn't use one as I like the pump up full anyway.  A window takes a certain amount of water to clean, and the faster it's delivered the faster your on the next window.

Completely & utterly incorrect! ::)roll

Bungle

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 09:42:54 pm »

Completely & utterly incorrect! ::)roll

Thumbs up
We look at them, they look through them.

robert mitchell

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 10:06:06 pm »

up to a point i think this is true , i can work faster with a higher flow .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 10:26:00 pm »
Of course its true, its basic physics. People turn the water down and think they are saving water whereas they are not they are just wasting time.  The controller was brought on to the market to save the switch on the pump and not to turn the pump down. 

CleanClear

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 10:36:49 pm »

I've tried with one, without one and also tried just a motor speed controller. I'm firmly in the "i use a controller " camp. I've found runing without one drains your battery quicker, creates splash back from the excess water you do not need, soaks all the floor uneccesarily, leaves all your pipe work (hoses) sitting primed at 100 PSI, makes you burn out pressure switches quicker.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

ChumBucket

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 10:42:53 pm »
Of course its true, its basic physics. People turn the water down and think they are saving water whereas they are not they are just wasting time.  The controller was brought on to the market to save the switch on the pump and not to turn the pump down. 

I really can't believe what I'm reading ::)roll  I've often thought, when viewing your products that you should stick to window cleaning. However, I'm now convinced you should remain in the workshop!! ;D

robert mitchell

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 11:00:20 pm »
i use a controller but its always on full whack and i don't waste water ............one or two guys on here are now using 10lpm pumps.

my pump is 5lpm but on full you don't get that once its been through hosereel/pole hose/jets .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 11:07:04 pm »

I really can't believe what I'm reading ::)roll  I've often thought, when viewing your products that you should stick to window cleaning. However, I'm now convinced you should remain in the workshop!! ;D
Heard it all before. Also heard people slagging folk off for doing double or even treble the amount of work they can do stating they must be cowboys because that amount of work can't possible be done they say:) I just laugh at them.

ChumBucket

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2015, 12:19:11 am »

Heard it all before. Also heard people slagging folk off for doing double or even treble the amount of work they can do stating they must be cowboys because that amount of work can't possible be done they say:) I just laugh at them.

Yeah & I'm sure most will also laugh at a backstreet supplier who blatantly doesn't understand the purpose of a controller!! ::)roll

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 12:46:26 am »
Chum you will have to find someone else to play with I don't play these games. Anyone want to discuss the no controller thing sensible without resorting to personal abuse? 

paul ette

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 09:44:24 am »
i cant understand how not using controller is beneficial.

1 what happens if you run out of water?

2 definately causes splashback more prone to spotting

3 customers cant like tonnes of water everywhere

4 dont understand how full flow would make you clean twice as fast, you still have to scrub the windows and rinse to clean them? or do you just rinse and the pressure cleans the windows ???

5 battery wears quicker

just my opinion , think i nice flow arounf 40 is fine, highflow doesnt make your brush move faster so how can it make things twice as quick?

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 09:57:28 am »

I've tried with one, without one and also tried just a motor speed controller. I'm firmly in the "i use a controller " camp. I've found runing without one drains your battery quicker, creates splash back from the excess water you do not need, soaks all the floor uneccesarily, leaves all your pipe work (hoses) sitting primed at 100 PSI, makes you burn out pressure switches quicker.
Cleanclear the only problem I see that you mentioned is splash back from the water coming out faster, but that really depends on the way your brush is setup and not a problem if the water is contained within the bristles. The switch problem is easily eliminated by setting the little screw on the pump properly. The more battery power makes sense because your cleaning more windows in a set time, and there should be no excess water as you are only using the same amount but delivering it faster. I also put in a relay that protects the pump switch which takes seconds to change and protects the pump switch.

SeanK

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 09:59:09 am »
I wouldn't be without my controller as it controls the amount of water that I want to use on the clean
in other words the flow that I feel suits me best.
I never adjust the flow except in winter when the pump seems to slow down a bit in the cold, just up it a little to
compensate and lower it again when the weather gets warmer.
It also gives me the added bonus that it stops me running my battery below the recommend charge level and ruining the
battery.

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 10:02:18 am »
Hi Peter, do you clean the top of the frame and vent areas or just clean from the top edge of the glass with the pump on full? Thanks in advance

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 10:19:48 am »
Hi Peter, do you clean the top of the frame and vent areas or just clean from the top edge of the glass with the pump on full? Thanks in advance
It shouldn't make any difference David as your putting the same amount of water on it anyway. What I have noticed and people should keep in mind if they try the pump up full is your likely to get spotting to begin with. This is due to the fact you are getting to places you normally don't with your water on low.

ChumBucket

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 10:29:36 am »
I want to be able to adjust my flow rate to suit the job & weather. For instance, I wouldn't use the same flow rate on delicate wafer thin georgian panes on a listed country mansion as I would with modern large pane sheet glass. I also wouldn't want gallons of water splashing all over the place in minus temperatures, creating slip hazards. There is no argument for cleaning the window quicker apart from in "ideal" situations as cobwebs, bird poo, spider poo, etc etc are all going to take the same amount of scrub time regardless of flow rate so this is where you are just wasting water for absolutely no reason.  

I rely on the pressure monitoring of the controller to keep the same pre-determined flow rate perfectly consistent regardless of the height of the pole, without any manual adjustment from me.

By not having my pump running flat out all day I can, and have done for some years now, run my pump directly from the van's own battery without any issues. No split charge relays, no separate leisure battery to fanny about with charging every night etc.

I can adjust the pressure values independently of the flow rate with the controller. So in winter I can compensate the naturally more sensitive DE by virtue of pressure only & I don't have to up the flow rate along with it.

I don't have masses of pressure in my system (as the controller takes care of it). So much so that all my connections are Hozelock & all barbs to hose are retained ONLY via plastic cable ties not even jubilee clips. I have a totally leak free system, dry van & no requirement for any of that protectakote stuff. Pressure set to perfection!

In fact, all I do is press one button in the morning & all the above is taken care of :) The best part of it all is that we are only talking around 80 quid for a top quality controller too. It's a no brainer but unfortunately, we have people who don't & never have fully understand how a controller works, what it's supposed to do & most importantly- how to set up/adjust to a specific system of components to achieve all the above benefits! ::)roll You get stupid posters who give it "I never had anything but trouble with mine, better off without it" well, that proves my point perfectly. To me, apart from being completely inefficient, using a pump constantly on full flow is a mask for poor technique & method.

Eighty quid, it is literally unbelievable! ::)roll

paul ette

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 11:39:21 am »
I want to be able to adjust my flow rate to suit the job & weather. For instance, I wouldn't use the same flow rate on delicate wafer thin georgian panes on a listed country mansion as I would with modern large pane sheet glass. I also wouldn't want gallons of water splashing all over the place in minus temperatures, creating slip hazards. There is no argument for cleaning the window quicker apart from in "ideal" situations as cobwebs, bird poo, spider poo, etc etc are all going to take the same amount of scrub time regardless of flow rate so this is where you are just wasting water for absolutely no reason.  

I rely on the pressure monitoring of the controller to keep the same pre-determined flow rate perfectly consistent regardless of the height of the pole, without any manual adjustment from me.

By not having my pump running flat out all day I can, and have done for some years now, run my pump directly from the van's own battery without any issues. No split charge relays, no separate leisure battery to fanny about with charging every night etc.

I can adjust the pressure values independently of the flow rate with the controller. So in winter I can compensate the naturally more sensitive DE by virtue of pressure only & I don't have to up the flow rate along with it.

I don't have masses of pressure in my system (as the controller takes care of it). So much so that all my connections are Hozelock & all barbs to hose are retained ONLY via plastic cable ties not even jubilee clips. I have a totally leak free system, dry van & no requirement for any of that protectakote stuff. Pressure set to perfection!

In fact, all I do is press one button in the morning & all the above is taken care of :) The best part of it all is that we are only talking around 80 quid for a top quality controller too. It's a no brainer but unfortunately, we have people who don't & never have fully understand how a controller works, what it's supposed to do & most importantly- how to set up/adjust to a specific system of components to achieve all the above benefits! ::)roll You get stupid posters who give it "I never had anything but trouble with mine, better off without it" well, that proves my point perfectly. To me, apart from being completely inefficient, using a pump constantly on full flow is a mask for poor technique & method.

Eighty quid, it is literally unbelievable! ::)roll

good answer