This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonny 87

Re: flow controler
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 11:35:53 pm »
Cleanclear I will do a diagram or something tomorrow to show where the wires go, and also a product code from Maplins of the relay I use. The pump uses 7amps to run and there is heat generated passing through the little contacts in the pump switch. With a relay the relay has the 7amps and sends a tiny signal to the pump switch instead of 7amps so protecting it. The relay has a much meatier set of contacts so handles it much better. It only takes seconds to change a relay and no bits to loose or damage.

Jonny my customers probably use a little less than that as I use 8mm microbore  from the tank to the pump which probably slows the water down a touch. I use this to reduce on hoselock type connections where it can draw air, and also from the pump to hose reel which stops the chances of leaks.

Ah ok, I see what you mean peter. That probably makes sense then and I will use about the same flow rate if you work it out. Las time I checked I'm around about the 2 litres per minute mark, but I run hoselock size hose from tank to pump and to reel.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:39 pm »
Cleannclear here is a link to the relay.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12v-40a-dc-spno-automotive-relay-n02aw
Also wiring diagram for the pump.

CleanClear

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 06:48:44 pm »
Cleannclear here is a link to the relay.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12v-40a-dc-spno-automotive-relay-n02aw
Also wiring diagram for the pump.

Got that, many thanks Peter.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Perfect Windows

« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2015, 08:12:17 pm »
Well you try telling that to one of the many people that has changed from the way you do it to the way I do it, and came back and told me I was right after all. Thing is I have proved it on numerous occasions with numerous people, have you? I bet you still lift the brush off the glass to rinse:)?

Peter, I may have missed it but which pump are you using please?

Thanks,

Vin

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2015, 08:20:57 pm »
100psi Shureflo.

colin bird

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2015, 05:54:22 am »
always use one, dont like using a jetwash ;D
+1

colin bird

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2015, 05:55:37 am »
I wouldn't use one as I like the pump up full anyway.  A window takes a certain amount of water to clean, and the faster it's delivered the faster your on the next window.

Completely & utterly incorrect! ::)roll
+1

DG Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2015, 06:24:20 am »
I've got a 400L tank and I've ever filled it to the top.
I'd shudder to think how many hours I'd need to do in a day to empty it.
So for me a controller isn't required. ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 01:49:27 pm »
100psi Shureflo.

Thanks, Peter, and my follow up (that I should have asked at the time; what a nobber) is: Do you know how many litres a minute that means you're getting through?

Thanks, Vin

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »
I don't know Vin but I can find out.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 07:23:05 pm »

Thanks; threw my controller up to 70 today (normally work at 50).  Used less water over the whole day, finished earlier and found windows sheeting that normally bead.

The only time it felt like a PITA was when I came across stuff that needed a good scrubbing - feels like water's being wasted while you concentrate on one bit.

Vin

chris turner

« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 07:48:14 pm »

Thanks; threw my controller up to 70 today (normally work at 50).  Used less water over the whole day, finished earlier and found windows sheeting that normally bead.

The only time it felt like a PITA was when I came across stuff that needed a good scrubbing - feels like water's being wasted while you concentrate on one bit.

Vin

If you use the aquatap you can wet the window, switch off water and scrub, water back on and blast away the dirt. All in a matter of seconds  ;)