This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SeanK

Re: Views on this geezer
« Reply #60 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:14 am »
To be honest it takes me longer to unwind and wind up the hose than to clean the windows.
But most average 3 bed properties take about 10 mins.
A light pole and brush will speed things up, I never worry about flow even with a low flow
rate you will use more than enough water to remove all the dirt.
Yes there will be things like bird muck and snail marks that can slow you up at times.
The brush used on the first video was way to heavy causing the pole to become bendy.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2014, 12:24:47 am »
Ross I am sure they said something similar before there was a man on the moon :)

Jonny why not ask on here if anyone is up for it? I know at least one person that has posted on this thread that's not very far from you that would probably be up for it.  I also know he works very efficiently.

People get criticised on videos so you can't blame people for maybe not wanting to show how they work.  You can't see the close up's on the glass so the doubters just say "too fast can't be done properly". The guy in that video at the start could welcome the criticism if he had any sense, and find out how he can work faster.  He probably thinks he is the fastest.

Jonny 87

« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2014, 12:30:01 am »
Ross I am sure they said something similar before there was a man on the moon :)

Jonny why not ask on here if anyone is up for it? I know at least one person that has posted on this thread that's not very far from you that would probably be up for it.  I also know he works very efficiently.

People get criticised on videos so you can't blame people for maybe not wanting to show how they work.  You can't see the close up's on the glass so the doubters just say "too fast can't be done properly". The guy in that video at the start could welcome the criticism if he had any sense, and find out how he can work faster.  He probably thinks he is the fastest.

Who and how close?

I'm in south lanarkshire. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:17 am »
Jonny just had a look on the map and didn't realise how far down S. Lanarkshire went.  Probably less than a 1 hour drive buy worthwhile I would say.  Lets see if he offers first, I wouldn't want to put something on someone who may not be into it.

Jonny 87

« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2014, 01:10:28 am »
Jonny just had a look on the map and didn't realise how far down S. Lanarkshire went.  Probably less than a 1 hour drive buy worthwhile I would say.  Lets see if he offers first, I wouldn't want to put something on someone who may not be into it.

Ah ok,

To be honest I think even if I saw how you guys clean at these speeds I wouldn't have the confidence to do it on my customers.

All it takes is a quick email or post here describing step by step the technique. Then I would test it on my own windows and some commercial I do test I get to see the results from the inside.

I'm all about the learning. But Don't feel I need to physically be with someone as there cleaning super duper fast.

This has got me intrigued though.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2014, 01:25:41 am »
It depends how you work but probably the easiest most productive thing to try that doesn't need and step by step guide is having your water up full and spending half the time you normally do on the glass.  Try it time yourself on a bottom window  and do the one next to it on full power at half the time.  Check the results.  It does depend on a few things but do that simple test. 

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2014, 07:14:28 am »
If I can sort someone to film me or balance my iPhone lol I will do a video. Nothing to hide at all.

Dave Willis

« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2014, 08:07:51 am »
You may be able to clean windows in midsummer in five minutes when removing a few dust particles. However, since Christmas I've had to double scrub everything down my way and the dirt still isn't coming off and that's with hot water!

The original vid shows a very strange technique I must say. All that wiggling and waggling - what's the point in that? Didn't watch the whole film but he did seem slower than my normal way of cleaning. Also all that pole adjustment suggests he could be new.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2014, 11:10:12 am »
Most people with reasonable WFP exerience could do a house very quickly if access was good etc.  It's possible to fly around an do a basic house in perhaps 10 minutes.  However, my point is that I wouldn't want to.  I see no point in working that fast and knackering myself.  Just a constant, fairly brisk pace is fine. Don't see the point in racing and being worn out after a couple of hours.
Having said that, the pace in the original video was excruciatingly slow.  I would need to at least double my prices if I worked like that.

8weekly

« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2014, 11:56:16 am »
You may be able to clean windows in midsummer in five minutes when removing a few dust particles. However, since Christmas I've had to double scrub everything down my way and the dirt still isn't coming off and that's with hot water!

The original vid shows a very strange technique I must say. All that wiggling and waggling - what's the point in that? Didn't watch the whole film but he did seem slower than my normal way of cleaning. Also all that pole adjustment suggests he could be new.
Me too. In particular windows below gutter ends are taking a lot more work. It doesn't help that my work is mostly 8 weekly.

8weekly

« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2014, 12:24:44 pm »
In terms of time actually spent on the glass, a man with a squeegee could clean that house in less than 10 minutes if he didn't have to move and climb ladders. Time spent on the glass with wfp and squeegee/mop is probably about the same. In my opinion, cleaning that house in 8-10 minutes is about right.

paul13

« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2014, 01:06:45 pm »
Who and how close?

[/quote]

Think peter might be talking about me, I bought my first wfp set up of peter
and haven't looked back learned every thing of him and over the years
have set up what best suits me, I don't really care if I'm faster than anyone
else every ones got there own pace, age being a big factor there are a lot of
ways to improve earning which is what its all about for me.
I work with 40 25l barrels back packs for domestics and peter's trolley for
commercial my dad (who's 60) has trolley.
I use peters trolley to carry two barrels and have 20l in backpack
 when I leave the van I have 70l of water roughly all in.
I would be happy to show anyone how we worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXV1zhmVao&feature=youtu.be

pikeman

« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »
crikey that's quick gives me something to think about. do you rinse on the glass that's not a criticism just trying to improve my technique. regards brian

Jonny 87

« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2014, 05:00:00 pm »
Thank you for the video paul.

I honestly take about 2 mayb 3 times longer than you.

One thing I noticed is that you don't really rinse much? Do you use a very high flow rate?

oldman

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2014, 05:15:37 pm »
WOW...now that's quick.

What make backpack is that Paul? Is that on FULL flow?

If I ever get that quick, I'll be working half-day every day  ;D.

8weekly

« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2014, 05:15:37 pm »
Who and how close?

Think peter might be talking about me, I bought my first wfp set up of peter
and haven't looked back learned every thing of him and over the years
have set up what best suits me, I don't really care if I'm faster than anyone
else every ones got there own pace, age being a big factor there are a lot of
ways to improve earning which is what its all about for me.
I work with 40 25l barrels back packs for domestics and peter's trolley for
commercial my dad (who's 60) has trolley.
I use peters trolley to carry two barrels and have 20l in backpack
 when I leave the van I have 70l of water roughly all in.
I would be happy to show anyone how we worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vXV1zhmVao&feature=youtu.be

[/quote]
A bit quicker than me. Not much quicker, but I am 8 weekly. I clean the side of the frames in the same strokes along with the glass so it may look as though I am not doing them at all. The top frame and top of the glass get extra attention and I rinse more - especially at the moment as most windows are pretty bad with grit. A lot from the gutters I think.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2014, 05:51:43 pm »
Fair play.

We certainly dont go that quick.

Makes a differnce that we work 6-8 weekly.

paul13

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2014, 06:04:46 pm »
crikey that's quick gives me something to think about. do you rinse on the glass that's not a criticism just trying to improve my technique. regards brian

Hi Brian, depends on the glass if the water flows rinse on
If the water beads rinse off the glass.

paul13

« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2014, 06:10:50 pm »
Thank you for the video paul.

I honestly take about 2 mayb 3 times longer than you.

One thing I noticed is that you don't really rinse much? Do you use a very high flow rate?

Hi Jonny, when the windows rinsed it's rinsed, I work with
the pump full speed, it's hard to see in vid but when the glass
sheets I'm confident they will be fine.

paul13

« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2014, 06:15:56 pm »
WOW...now that's quick.

What make backpack is that Paul? Is that on FULL flow?

If I ever get that quick, I'll be working half-day every day  ;D.

It's a shurflo, but insides ripped out and I have put another
switch in wired straight to the pump, doing one for another windy
round our way can vid and show you if your interested.