This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mikeyfaerosyth

Re: Views on this geezer
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 10:06:12 pm »
I scrub the glass and give the frames a quick brush over as Im doing so,the glass is the important bit,nobody will see spots on frames.

But I rinse the frames and glass really well.

So really quick scrub and good rinse on 4 weekly works for me.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 10:06:50 pm »
7 mins to do front so say 7 on back and a little for sides = 18 mins  ::)roll

How long would this take you then Ian?

assuming its not a 1st clean then and monthly

2 x top tops left to right                      
2x bottom tops left to right
drop down to do door and small window (very quick pass)
go right and do top of bottom
go left do tops of bottoms
go right again to do bottom of bottoms
go left to do bottom bottoms

same on rear / sides

prob OTT by splitting windows in half but this way IMHO stops runs as much as possible
2 mins for tops and prob 3 mins for bottoms
rear same method about 5 mins and a few seconds for bathroom window scrub no rinse

all windows get wipe with brush on frames and glass gets 1 pass up and down and 1 across zig zagging down and quick rinse on all

prob circa 11 /12 mins for house ........... if you didnt split windows in halfs then prob under 8 mins in total but prefer not to rush them ............ if u ever see Richard isparkle working then he would have this house done in about 5 minutes (not bs ask Bob Plumb)

Same as us then, we must just be slow  ;D

trippyboy

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 10:07:54 pm »
I also would be doing the whole of the windows in the time it took for the first window, and they would be done thoroughly.  The pump sounded loud but you can see by the lack of water under the ledges and the part of the wall he wet going from window to window that the water was on low.  A lot of unnecessary wiggling of the brush.  7 minutes for the front of a house is longer that I used to clean traditionally 15 years ago.

Cranking up the water feed would easily cut his time in half, and he would use the same amount of water.

Peter
Totally agree Peter,was going to post he very same thing myself about flow rate.
I have mine cranked up as much is the pressure switch allows,i use fans because I feel they are quicker,and I rinse on the glass something that I took from you about 13 months ago Peter,would never god back to rinsing off and would never go back to cleaning with a slow flow rate. The higher the flow rate the quicker you work simples. And yes if I took over 2 mins cleaning that front I would seriously worry. For that house I would charge 10 to 12 quid

roundbuilder

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2014, 10:14:35 pm »
I clean fronts in less that 2mins a pop as long as maintance cleans and customer is t home.. Im proper splash and dash and am proud of it, get little to no complaints so cant be doing that much wrong..

gary999

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2014, 10:16:14 pm »
I clean fronts in less that 2mins a pop as long as maintance cleans and customer is t home.. Im proper splash and dash and am proud of it, get little to no complaints so cant be doing that much wrong..

ya right dodgy cowboy arent you sir michael ;D

supernova77

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2014, 10:19:45 pm »
Im comparing this chap to how we clean. We certainly rinse more than what he is, but think the frames and glass is on a par.

How do you compare?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AZJqiZSDhg

He does seem a bit slow... He should have cleaned the lower right hand windows that didn't get splashed on from above before the left hand side window... And his trousers are too baggy.

Andy  ;)

bobplum

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2014, 10:27:05 pm »

same on rear / sides

prob OTT by splitting windows in half but this way IMHO stops runs as much as possible
rear same method about 5 mins and a few seconds for bathroom window scrub no rinse

all windows get wipe with brush on frames and glass gets 1 pass up and down and 1 across zig zagging down and quick rinse on all

prob circa 11 /12 mins for house ........... if you didnt split windows in halfs then prob under 8 mins in total but prefer not to rush them ............ if u ever see Richard isparkle working then he would have this house done in about 5 minutes (not bs ask Bob Plumb)

richard would have shot him or had a heart attack

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2014, 10:37:09 pm »
Any videos of richard?

Ian101

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2014, 10:44:03 pm »

same on rear / sides

Same as us then, we must just be slow  ;D

of course this is in the morning .....  by the afternoon I need a nap so will be more like an hour  ;D

Ian101

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2014, 10:46:10 pm »
Any videos of richard?

my phone camera wasnt quick enough  :D

maybe richard will put 1 up but then he wont like to give too much away so perhaps not  ???

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 11:14:45 pm »
Glad I helped Tripoyboy.

In my view probably the best thing that's happened to window cleaning industry is the introduction of the water fed pole, and the worse thing is the introduction of the flow controller.  The flow controller wasn't introduced so that the pump can be turned down, it was introduced to stop the pump switches burning out.  Since their introduction they are probably responsible for the biggest loss in time a window cleaner will ever have.  If they hadn't been introduced most window cleaners would be earning more money, or spending more time with their family.

tench0771

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 11:15:56 pm »
To be honest I'm a bit quicker but not far off, and I rinse a bit longer.

I do feel that I over clean aswell. Could get away with less. But I like being thorough.
thats cos u do a good job m8 ;) :)

Mitchellmoxo

« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 11:22:50 pm »
I wouldnt spend so much time on the frames especially on a maintenance clean. Rinsing he rushed which i think is the most crucial part of wfp window cleaning

windowswashed

« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 11:23:53 pm »
Made a lot of unnecessary work for himself, blow that, way too slow with method of cleaning!

SeanK

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 11:37:35 pm »
That reminded me of when I first started, I don't think this guy has been using
a pole for very long.
I think he looked a bit clumsy and slightly slow.

windowswashed

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 11:50:07 pm »
I use to work slow when I first started as I was very thorough. Bad weather and lack of money forced me to forget pride of job and just knuckle down and do a minimal but thorough job of cleaning windows quickly but efficiently enough not to get complaints.
Customers don't appreciate us working in crap weather and I don't appreciate sitting on my backside anymore than I need to so I rush my jobs as quick as I can get away with as customers don't take pity on us and I only do this job for the money now as the novel idea of being self employed as a window cleaner has worn thin with years of being in this job as the weather seems to be getting more extreme owing to climate change as they call it now. Not the best place to window clean in Devon in between the moors and surrounded by coast and south westerly storm force weather :o

dave f

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 03:14:48 pm »
may be he aint that slow realy may be just puting on a show thiking it would impress custys .and not thiking it was gonna be on here to have the pss riped out of him i bet hes slpash and dash like the rest of us, except me of course ;D

C o z y

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 03:40:03 pm »
No idea why he made the vid. I can't imagine anyone apart from window cleaners even bothering to watch a vid of some bloke waving a pole at some windows. People moan about adverts on TV and some of you think your custies would waste over 5 minutes watching that??

Imagine your local plumber shoving a DVD in your hand lasting 5 minutes showing him sticking a radiator to a livingroom wall  ::)roll

No still don't understand, I must be thick

smearo

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2014, 04:37:28 pm »
+1

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:45 pm »
No idea why he made the vid. I can't imagine anyone apart from window cleaners even bothering to watch a vid of some bloke waving a pole at some windows. People moan about adverts on TV and some of you think your custies would waste over 5 minutes watching that??

Imagine your local plumber shoving a DVD in your hand lasting 5 minutes showing him sticking a radiator to a livingroom wall  ::)roll

You post videos online of you gobbling Fritz's Guurman sausage 'n then gargling! Where's the difference chocolatestarfishboy?