This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are you happy with this forum

Yes Very
Yes it's ok
Yes but some people need to change there attitude
No
Thinking about leavint the forum

South Window Cleaning Ltd

What has happened to this forum ? New
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:03:09 am »
What has happened to this forum ?
when I joined in 2010 it was full of very helpful people giving good advice,

But in the last 6 -8 months it seems to be full of new menbers all talking Bull S**t and going on about how great they are,
how much money they earn, then in the next post they have no money to buy a £2 part etc
All they seem to do is put people down, slag people off

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE CARES HOW BIG YOUR HEAD IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is to help others not for blowing your own trumpet,

some of you need to spend more time running your own business then worrying about what everyone else is doing ?

If you have nothing good to say then say nothing

I think its about time admin stepped in and sorted this forum out,
if they dont I will name and shame the ones that continue to do this ?

You have all the gob on this forum but dont put up your contact info or company name etc
if you were as good as you say you are and had nothing to hide why hide your info

NOTE TO ADMIN : all members contact info shoud be public as its a open forum this info should be available to all

Matt - aquatec

Re: What has happened to this forum ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 11:04:42 am »
With you on that one south.....
Loving the freedom and enjoying the hard work......
www.aquatecwindows.co.uk

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 11:08:03 am »

Ahem.

Matt 7:5

concept

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 11:09:18 am »
This forum has always been the same, a bit of pack mentality comes in when something different is suggested.

Look at WindowWashers, one of the most helpful and genuine blokes on here and off here, yet he was constantly hounded, resulting in him losing his account, even though he had been here for many years and assisted many people, he was rounded up by the mob, and had enough.

I've closed my account on here before due to a spat with a canvasser, and now I rarely post, as genuine advice seems lost on some people, and others try to belittle it.

Best just lurking now, saves having an opinion, or having to help!

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 11:12:54 am »
This forum has always been the same, a bit of pack mentality comes in when something different is suggested.

Look at WindowWashers, one of the most helpful and genuine blokes on here and off here, yet he was constantly hounded, resulting in him losing his account, even though he had been here for many years and assisted many people, he was rounded up by the mob, and had enough.

I've closed my account on here before due to a spat with a canvasser, and now I rarely post, as genuine advice seems lost on some people, and others try to belittle it.

Best just lurking now, saves having an opinion, or having to help!

Well said

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, 11:35:28 am »
bad modarateing I know its not easy moding on a fourm as I run one of the biggest on the net ,  i must of banned 30 people this year alone off our site

we have a warning rateing under the user names once they hit 100 % its a auto 3 months ban it as cut a lot of the nasty people out also help the mods to keep an eye on whats going on

EandM

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 11:35:36 am »
I don't really think this forum has changed at all.
To my observation it's always been rather cliquey with discussions between many of the same members and the rest of us just reading and listening.
There are some excellent points, thoughts and angles raised and debated that I'd never considered - so I'm therefore happy to read, learn and share the occasional input.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 11:46:35 am »
I am fairly new to the forum and have found the complete opposite.

I have posted a couple of videos which went down well. Going on what I have seen and i know some big companies post on here it seems fine. I Don't know a great deal about the rep of CIU but nobody said Ohhhhh that a poop van, or you have annoying voice (waits for it lol)

One chap even said something like " I have a funny feeling Pure H20 Services is someone who i will listen to" That makes me feel great, not for a big head but WOW i can help someone that i will never ever meet!

I think too many people get sucked in, it is just a forum.

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:52 am »
Quote from: Pure H20 Services
it is just a forum.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 12:00:24 pm »
What has happened to this forum ?
when I joined in 2010 it was full of very helpful people giving good advice,

But in the last 6 -8 months it seems to be full of new menbers all talking Bull S**t and going on about how great they are,
how much money they earn, then in the next post they have no money to buy a £2 part etc
All they seem to do is put people down, slag people off

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE CARES HOW BIG YOUR HEAD IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is to help others not for blowing your own trumpet,

some of you need to spend more time running your own business then worrying about what everyone else is doing ?

I think its about time admin stepped in and sorted this forum out,
if they dont I will name and shame the ones that continue to do this ?

You have all the gob on this forum but dont put up your contact info or company name etc
if you were as good as you say you are and had nothing to hide why hide your info

NOTE TO ADMIN : all members contact info shoud be public as its a open forum this info should be available to all

so why not enlighten us all why we should be warned about polar brite

Tom White

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »
bad modarateing

:'(

If you want to know the truth, each of us creates what this forum is in our own heads.  The forum is just the forum, then we add our overlay of understanding over it.

When I was helped out and shown how to do my own DIY van system, I loved the forum.  But when the nasty people gang up on me I think the forum is pants (I don't really); my point is, depending on our self centred views, we either like or dislike the forum.

It started about 12 years ago, six weeks after it started someone said, "This forum is going downhill!", then that's been repeated every three weeks for the past 12 years.

Go figure.

And no-one likes an over-moderated forum; and we've had Nazi mods in the past and it's never worked out well.

Tom White

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »
bad modarateing I know its not easy moding on a fourm as I run one of the biggest on the net , 

What forum do you run, just out of interest?

Soupy

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:11:07 pm »
Pains me to say it but Tosh is (mostly) right.

If you can't take idiotic comments from morons then the internet is not for you..

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 12:14:39 pm »
Great forum if you ask me, learnt loads from it since I signed up and found people really helpful to each other in general.

bobplum

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2013, 12:18:27 pm »
i blame all the people who join then sell up 3 years down the line to go fishing ;) ;D ;D

you do have point but is that not what makes a forum special, different views, opinions, arguments, etc so long has its kept in check

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2013, 12:22:30 pm »
There, mate, fixed that for you.

Pains me to say it but Tosh is always right.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2013, 12:22:59 pm »
i blame all the people who join then sell up 3 years down the line to go fishing ;) ;D ;D

you do have point but is that not what makes a forum special, different views, opinions, arguments, etc so long has its kept in check

MY BUSINESS HAS BEEN GOING FOR OVER 35 YEARS, SELLING THE WINDOW CLEANING SIDE OF THINGS ONLY,

ben M

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2013, 12:27:00 pm »
Great forum if you ask me, learnt loads from it since I signed up and found people really helpful to each other in general.
+1

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2013, 12:27:52 pm »
IM NOT SAYING THIS FORUM IS ALL BAD,
THERE ARE SOME VERY INTRESTING POINTS MADE,

ITS JUST THE SOME PEOPLE ON HERE SEEM JUST TO SLAG OFF ANYONE THEY CAN

I THINK THEY ARE JUST THE BOTTOM FEEDERS THAT HAVE S**T BUSINESS, AND DONT LIKE OTHERS DOING BETTER THEN THEM ?

SeanK

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2013, 12:29:00 pm »
Great forum with plenty of good advice yes it does tend to favour wfp cleaners and Gardiner products.
But then I am a fan of both so wont complain.
If somebody posts something nasty then don't reply as this is what they want.
They will soon get fed up and move on.