This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are you happy with this forum

Yes Very
Yes it's ok
Yes but some people need to change there attitude
No
Thinking about leavint the forum

Pete Thompson

Re: What has happened to this forum ?
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2013, 04:44:51 pm »
This forum is great, and the moderating is very fair in my opinion. I don't think most members realise just how we'll run this forum is compared to some.

My only criticism is the way if someone DARES to criticise almighty Gardiners, then a lynch mob attacks them telling them they're wrong (perfect example, china poles topic) You can't be wrong about your own opinion!!  I also dislike the way this forum is often used as a gardiner message board with "Alex has this been sent" topics. That is highly annoying. (Won't be surprised if some of the gardiner fanboys have a go just because I said this)

BUT these are mere annoyances, and overall I'm grateful to have this forum, and long may it continue.

ben M

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2013, 04:46:07 pm »
Nobs that slate polarbrite about there products etc and doesn't even say what the problem is then starts a post like this.
This is why the forum has gone downhill.
 :o

Just the sort of people this post is about,
Email hidden, location hidden,
All the talk but not willing to say who he is ?
you can talk, you have deleted  and locked your own post  ;)
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=179576.0

Positivity

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »
I`m a lurker now.

Fantastic forum,probably unsurpassed by similar in any other trade,hobby,perversion etc.

I am extremely grateful it exists.

Spot on - van still running fine BTW !!!! and on the up ;D ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2013, 05:27:37 pm »
sorry lads and girls and toshy I try to behave now ;D ;D ;D

C o z y

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2013, 06:31:55 pm »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ADMIN TAKE NOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at what people are saying they just lerk in the back ground not wanting to comment ?

Sorry mate, but as was pointed out earlier, people have been whining and complaining about this forum going down hill for years. The fact that over 22000 members are on the books, although only about 100 bother to post, is a fact of life. So what if some members want to "lurk" and not post? What do you want? The mods should ban everyone who doesn't post?? Keep that attitude mate, and maybe the owners will offer you a job eh? Don't hold your breath though.

Calm down, take a break for a few hours, or maybe a day or two. Then come back, and if nothing has improved, you can stamp your little foot.

Hope that helped.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

stig

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2013, 06:34:21 pm »
What has happened to this forum ?
when I joined in 2010 it was full of very helpful people giving good advice,

But in the last 6 -8 months it seems to be full of new menbers all talking Bull S**t and going on about how great they are,
how much money they earn, then in the next post they have no money to buy a £2 part etc
All they seem to do is put people down, slag people off

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ONE CARES HOW BIG YOUR HEAD IS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is to help others not for blowing your own trumpet,

some of you need to spend more time running your own business then worrying about what everyone else is doing ?

If you have nothing good to say then say nothing

I think its about time admin stepped in and sorted this forum out,
if they dont I will name and shame the ones that continue to do this ?

You have all the gob on this forum but dont put up your contact info or company name etc
if you were as good as you say you are and had nothing to hide why hide your info

NOTE TO ADMIN : all members contact info shoud be public as its a open forum this info should be available to all
here here...well said bud
dont crap on people on theway up,you might meet um on the way down...

kevinc

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2013, 07:32:42 pm »
This forum is great, and the moderating is very fair in my opinion. I don't think most members realise just how we'll run this forum is compared to some.

My only criticism is the way if someone DARES to criticise almighty Gardiners, then a lynch mob attacks them telling them they're wrong (perfect example, china poles topic) You can't be wrong about your own opinion!!  I also dislike the way this forum is often used as a gardiner message board with "Alex has this been sent" topics. That is highly annoying. (Won't be surprised if some of the gardiner fanboys have a go just because I said this)

BUT these are mere annoyances, and overall I'm grateful to have this forum, and long may it continue.
well said, and sums up some of the minority £2.00 brigade pete.

windiewasher

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2013, 07:34:23 pm »
i blame all the people who join then sell up 3 years down the line to go fishing ;) ;D ;D

you do have point but is that not what makes a forum special, different views, opinions, arguments, etc so long has its kept in check

MY BUSINESS HAS BEEN GOING FOR OVER 35 YEARS, SELLING THE WINDOW CLEANING SIDE OF THINGS ONLY,
so your 34 and you have been running your business 35 years.classic
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

stuart mc

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2013, 07:37:24 pm »
why on earth would I want to make my profile public? what would it achieve, there has been cases on here of members being threatened off forum.

trippyboy

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2013, 08:53:16 pm »
sorry lads and girls and toshy I try to behave now ;D ;D ;D
boring fart

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2013, 08:55:42 pm »
its a good enough forum if you want to know what equipment to buy, or how to set up a van etc.  it's not a great business forum, and I don't seem to find there's much quality business advice on here.  the really successful people don't seem to stay on here too long IMHO
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

C o z y

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2013, 09:10:43 pm »
If this forum is so crap, why not start another forum where anyone who "lurks" gets a ban. Anyone who doesn't give fantastic business advice gets a ban. Anyone who doesn't see things like the mods, gets a ban. Anyone who doesn't agree with you, gets a ban.

Bet it's really full of members in a short time. Really empty after a short time longer. If you don't like a forum with thousands of members posting on different subjects all the time, and you don't agree with all of them all the time, then the above solution could be the way ahead for you eh?

The mods will forward any post you get while you're gone lads. Just leave a link.
No still don't understand, I must be thick

roundbuilder

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2013, 09:21:34 pm »
Without this forum id still be struggling with ladders earning pitance..
I find this forum funny with a good bunch of members who are good for a laugh and good with helpful advice, just a shame there are many who cant take a joke or are too serious, many people talk poo on forums bigging themselfs up and making out how they are better than anyone else many have spoke on this thread but at the end of the day we are all just simply window cleaners.....end of.....so we have to deal with it  without having chips on our shoulders that we should have done better at school lol...

AuRavelling79

« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2013, 09:30:31 pm »
I like this forum.

I wish admin would get rid of redundant mods and return them to the ranks and appoint one or two more but it all finds its own level.

But I still like this forum.
It's a game of three halves!

PoleKing

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »
I like it.
I like seeing the lads up & coming. Reminds me if where I was.
I like seeing the old guys who make loads of money but don't bang on about it.
I like seeing other guys ask the same questions I think about.

But my absolute favourite is seeing people spit their dummy out.
Usually lads with massive turnovers and crap bottom lines.
Up to their eyes in debt.
Needing to make every penny count.
But bragging about how many businesses they've got.
...selling £50 poles for £200.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

South Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2013, 09:37:20 pm »
i blame all the people who join then sell up 3 years down the line to go fishing ;) ;D ;D

you do have point but is that not what makes a forum special, different views, opinions, arguments, etc so long has its kept in check

MY BUSINESS HAS BEEN GOING FOR OVER 35 YEARS, SELLING THE WINDOW CLEANING SIDE OF THINGS ONLY,
[/quote

It was my dads business dick head, or us your Brain so small you have been checking out my info so from the website you would see that, t**t

AuRavelling79

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2013, 09:38:43 pm »
I like it.
I like seeing the lads up & coming. Reminds me if where I was.
I like seeing the old guys who make loads of money but don't bang on about it.
I like seeing other guys ask the same questions I think about.

But my absolute favourite is seeing people spit their dummy out.
Usually lads with massive turnovers and crap bottom lines.
Up to their eyes in debt.
Needing to make every penny count.
But bragging about how many businesses they've got.
...selling £50 poles for £200.

It is an amusing diversion I agree.

Like the set of quotes in the post before this one!   ;D
It's a game of three halves!

South Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2013, 09:39:51 pm »
People have said trey are lerking ( not posting)
Due to others giving then grief

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2013, 09:42:38 pm »
I would never be where I am today if it wasnt for this forum, so many people have helped me and 1 legend even sent me a brand new flow controller... for free.

Plenty of clowns on here mind

windiewasher

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2013, 09:45:14 pm »

[/quote

It was my dads business dick head, or us your Brain so small you have been checking out my info so from the website you would see that, t**t
how rude  :-*
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.