This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Are you happy with this forum

Yes Very
Yes it's ok
Yes but some people need to change there attitude
No
Thinking about leavint the forum

South Window Cleaning Ltd

Re: What has happened to this forum ?
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2013, 12:31:19 pm »
Great forum with plenty of good advice yes it does tend to favour wfp cleaners and Gardiner products.
But then I am a fan of both so wont complain.
If somebody posts something nasty then don't reply as this is what they want.
They will soon get fed up and move on.

Valid point

bobplum

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2013, 12:38:04 pm »
i blame all the people who join then sell up 3 years down the line to go fishing ;) ;D ;D

you do have point but is that not what makes a forum special, different views, opinions, arguments, etc so long has its kept in check

MY BUSINESS HAS BEEN GOING FOR OVER 35 YEARS, SELLING THE WINDOW CLEANING SIDE OF THINGS ONLY,

calm down its only a forum :)

the only thing that has happened is that it as evolved with the people who use it and i am guessing that after three years or so your not liking the change, in another 3 years it will be a different forum again, someone posted on here once " i have out grown this forum"  i think he felt the same has you, i personally never really give out advice to newbies for 2 reasons
1 far too many cleaners, therefore i dont want to encourage more competition
2 they never really thank any one, some do of course

but thats people in a democracy i suppose, and we all have the freedom of choice, whether to stay on here or vacate the forum

PoleKing

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2013, 12:44:56 pm »
bad modarateing I know its not easy moding on a fourm as I run one of the biggest on the net , 

What forum do you run, just out of interest?

She runs a VW forum Toshy.
The VW lads can be really bitchy too.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2013, 12:47:06 pm »
i blame all the people who join then sell up 3 years down the line to go fishing ;) ;D ;D

you do have point but is that not what makes a forum special, different views, opinions, arguments, etc so long has its kept in check

MY BUSINESS HAS BEEN GOING FOR OVER 35 YEARS, SELLING THE WINDOW CLEANING SIDE OF THINGS ONLY,

calm down its only a forum :)

the only thing that has happened is that it as evolved with the people who use it and i am guessing that after three years or so your not liking the change, in another 3 years it will be a different forum again, someone posted on here once " i have out grown this forum"  i think he felt the same has you, i personally never really give out advice to newbies for 2 reasons
1 far too many cleaners, therefore i dont want to encourage more competition
2 they never really thank any one, some do of course

but thats people in a democracy i suppose, and we all have the freedom of choice, whether to stay on here or vacate the forum

Yeah I can see that, the last forum i gave out hours of my life and only three people really appreciated it. Now i am clever about it. I do videos and Google+ posts and if they want the real super dooper advice and videos they are viewed on youtube or linked via my site. Which helps with SEO :)

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »
I`m a lurker now.

Fantastic forum,probably unsurpassed by similar in any other trade,hobby,perversion etc.

I am extremely grateful it exists.

concept

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2013, 01:02:50 pm »
bad modarateing I know its not easy moding on a fourm as I run one of the biggest on the net ,  i must of banned 30 people this year alone off our site

we have a warning rateing under the user names once they hit 100 % its a auto 3 months ban it as cut a lot of the nasty people out also help the mods to keep an eye on whats going on

Quite how I was never banned is beyond me!!

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2013, 01:03:33 pm »
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ADMIN TAKE NOTE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at what people are saying they just lerk in the back ground not wanting to comment ?

robertphil

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2013, 01:17:41 pm »
give a little take a little  thats what its about.        iv picked up work off here ,not hundreds  of houses  but a few dozen ,worth logging in for that alone

ben M

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2013, 01:21:22 pm »
i spend at least 3h a day on cleanitup (sad i know  ;D) i must like this forum  ;)

Soupy

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2013, 01:58:30 pm »
Quote from: Tosh
Tosh is always racist.

FTFY

Stephen.C

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2013, 01:58:40 pm »
Great forum if you ask me, learnt loads from it since I signed up and found people really helpful to each other in general.
+1
me too, I joined back in 2008 and through a bad experience with a member on ciu was advised to quit so I did.
I rejoined and still think this is the best forum. You are always going to get grief on here and sod being a moderator.
You don't have to stay on here if you want same as posting. Take a chill pill and have a few days away from ciu.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

wfp master

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2013, 02:09:14 pm »
Like the forum but to many bullsh******

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2013, 02:54:03 pm »
Like the forum but to many bullsh******

Thats my point ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »
Someone threw in some red herrings and unfortunately you took the bait!

Lighten up man.

Ben wood

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2013, 03:29:28 pm »
Lol at you. On the other thread. go find you dummy. Your posts always sink lol you big girl

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2013, 03:34:15 pm »
"Look at WindowWashers, one of the most helpful and genuine blokes on here and off here, yet he was constantly hounded, resulting in him losing his account, even though he had been here for many years and assisted many people, he was rounded up by the mob, and had enough."

I think he's still on here - I thought he was going to write a book on internet marketing or something?

gary999

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2013, 04:07:35 pm »
its just a forum....why worry :)

windiewasher

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2013, 04:12:13 pm »
Nobs that slate polarbrite about there products etc and doesn't even say what the problem is then starts a post like this.
This is why the forum has gone downhill.
 :o
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »
Nobs that slate polarbrite about there products etc and doesn't even say what the problem is then starts a post like this.
This is why the forum has gone downhill.
 :o

Just the sort of people this post is about,
Email hidden, location hidden,
All the talk but not willing to say who he is ?

mark dew

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2013, 04:44:51 pm »
"Look at WindowWashers, one of the most helpful and genuine blokes on here and off here, yet he was constantly hounded, resulting in him losing his account, even though he had been here for many years and assisted many people, he was rounded up by the mob, and had enough."

I think he's still on here - I thought he was going to write a book on internet marketing or something?

Yes ian is those things you say for sure. But while the he is a nice bloke, I never got into his style of posting. He reminded me of some master dangling a bit of meat in front of a dog. Instead of just doing he preferred to string his posts along, get suitably recognised for it, then would eventually get to the point.
Too faffy for me. But it's just a different style. I can respect that although I lose interest in the messenger if they string along their point. Or worse, don't ever get to it.

The posts interest me on this forum. While I may respect the posters, I have no real interest beyond the quality of the post. Many on here seem to be preoccupied with personalities and how many posts they have made.

That said, the information I get from here is priceless. I'm very grateful for the help and advice that it has provided over the years.

Take what you can from here, give a little back when you can and the rest becomes irrelevant. Then this and other forums become what they are about. Helping out with advice.

South, did you ever get to the point with your polar brite post? I think it's a shocker that you bleated without giving any details.
You could have helped many people on here, yet all that post did was complain without helping anyone. Pointless and juvenile in my opinion.