Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TheWindowManChris

Re: no calls or bookings since new website pricelist
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2013, 05:49:25 pm »
Also when paid for website we was told comes with full seo setup.
But don't think the keywords they have put in for our site a wright?

They are telling us google don't use meta keywords anymore but other people are telling us that they do

Ben, what concerns me here is the lack of even basic on site SEO. We are not talking advanced site architecture here, we are talking things like the lack of a relevant page title containing the words "carpet cleaning" and "stroud". Stroud is not a big place and should not be too competitive.

all gone down hill since we had our new website made for us. we offer upto 50% off all carpet & upholstery cleaning,
do you think we are priced too highly?
www.bcs-cleaning-services.com

Gary- just talking to them now.

It can be edited only if I have adobe dream weaver software.

Site wasn't mega expensive it was £600

But they are saying everything is my fault and all the keywords need to be written into the page which they clearly are not.
I havnt a clue about web design or seo , that is why they are professionals they should tell me what to write and the best way to optimise my performance but they never had.
They wrote all in info on every page and as a novice I thought it was all good but clearly not

If designers are talking about keyword meta tags, then you have a right to be a little concerned. Ten years ago that might have been ultra important but not now. Is yours one of the £ 399.00 sites?

It looks like your site is editable, so you should be able to change a lot of it yourself.

Adobe Dreamweaver is okay to use BUT NIGHTMARE!   My best bet would be to pay to get it converted to WordPress or etc.   

So can I ask what did your Web Designer do if they said it was all your fault.   My view is You asked them to build a website and for it to be SEO friendly!   Which they needed to do correct steps to make it SEO friendly.   Which this is why I don't like web designers.

What type of contract did you draw up?  This could be key to getting some money back.   

ben smith1234

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2013, 05:50:35 pm »
there was no contract :(

ben smith1234

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2013, 05:54:10 pm »
Also when paid for website we was told comes with full seo setup.
But don't think the keywords they have put in for our site a wright?

They are telling us google don't use meta keywords anymore but other people are telling us that they do

Ben, what concerns me here is the lack of even basic on site SEO. We are not talking advanced site architecture here, we are talking things like the lack of a relevant page title containing the words "carpet cleaning" and "stroud". Stroud is not a big place and should not be too competitive.

If designers are talking about keyword meta tags, then you have a right to be a little concerned. Ten years ago that might have been ultra important but not now. Is yours one of the £ 399.00 sites?

It looks like your site is editable, so you should be able to change a lot of it yourself.

i did think you had to have something like carpet cleaning stroud,gloucester, gloucestershire etc in the page to get it recognised.

all i was told was to keep posting a link to my page trough customers and between 4days- 4 weeks google will start to recognise my site

ben smith1234

« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »
   Query   Impressions   Clicks   CTR   Avg. position
bcs cleaning services   <10   <10   -   5.3
bcs cleaning   22   <10   -   6.8
bcs carpet cleaning   <10   <10   -   10
gutter cleaning services   <10   <10   -   320
carpet cleaning gloucester   <10   <10   -   100
bcs cleaning maintenance   <10   <10   -   9.0
pub carpet   <10   <10   -   23
conservatory cleaning   <10   <10   -   22
roof tile cleaning   <10   <10   -   49

this is what is coming up on webmasters

petermaybury

« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2013, 08:03:59 pm »
I get a lot of business because of the 50% off on the smart clean site. They have had 50 % off since they started several years ago. .Do they really believe that sensible people are going to fall for that. People get a comparison price and realise it is bull and prefer to do business with credible people.
Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Timmy Boy

« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2013, 09:01:23 pm »
Hi Ben
My honest first impression is jack of all trades. I think that you wouldn't get any more calls even if you removed the pricing as it just feels too busy (for me anyway). Not saying that my website hasn't got as many services, it has but they are not all coming at you at once. If you lose some of the .no1 cleaning etc it will be a bit less busy.
Regards
Tim
www.mcsclean.co.uk

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2013, 09:20:42 pm »
Hi Ben
My honest first impression is jack of all trades. I think that you wouldn't get any more calls even if you removed the pricing as it just feels too busy (for me anyway). Not saying that my website hasn't got as many services, it has but they are not all coming at you at once. If you lose some of the .no1 cleaning etc it will be a bit less busy.
Regards
Tim
www.mcsclean.co.uk

I like your website as its nice and clean however some weird format thing is going on with your Phone Number.

ben smith1234

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2013, 10:01:09 pm »
Hi Ben
Regards
Tim
www.mcsclean.co.uk

your website link doesnt work on our comp :(

ben smith1234

« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2013, 10:02:09 pm »
Hi Ben
Regards
Tim
www.mcsclean.co.uk

I like your website as its nice and clean however some weird format thing is going on with your Phone Number.

all looks ok on my screen :S

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »
the number at the top its between the 53 which some weird gap between them.

peter maybury

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:12 pm »
I really think that you should be trying to sell the quality aspect for a long term business. I know from personal experience that customer loyalty is so important especially when new customers are so much harder and more expensive to get. You cannot do a good job cheap and quickly. You do need volume but quality of work is paramount. Customers will never say the things to your face that they will say to other people.
I met a guy a couple of weeks ago that cleans carpets with a rug doctor and quotes £25 a lounge, when he get to the customer he tries to talk them into spending more more. He will never have the customer loyalty to buy better equipment.
Poeple will only be conned once but they will come back for a quality service.
You can advertise gimmicks and discounts but unless you are sound and doing a really first class job then you will be having to advertise extensively to replace the customers that do not come back. Paying top wack for discount customers will not give you a good return. A certain type of customer is attracted by stupid discounts and inflated prices.

Peter
www.carpetcleanercardiff.comhttp://

Craigp

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2013, 11:09:04 pm »
Never a truer word said Peter.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 07:54:31 am »
Peter how many vans do smart clean have? Are they a big 7 van business ?

I can't help thinking if they have multiple vans and have been using this price  offer several years it's because it works
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 07:57:36 am »
Hi Guys

A friend of mine has a fencing business, making panels, posts etc and fitting.

Turnover approaching 2M, we were chatting the other day and his profit is about the same as mine.

Cheers

Doug

Craigp

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 08:47:54 am »
Mike it's 4 TMs.

I don't know why they say 7 and xx employees, it must be for the benefit of other carpet cleaners maybe,  ???

Some people just want to be top dog.

JandS

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 11:02:04 am »
I'd never employ a tradesman who advertised multiple skills, especially one with as many as yours.
A friend of a family member does this and I've seen first hand the workmanship, in fact I see it every day it's called my fitted back kitchen door.
Having said that he's very well off.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

G O Cleaning

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »
I'd never employ a tradesman who advertised multiple skills, especially one with as many as yours.
A friend of a family member does this and I've seen first hand the workmanship, in fact I see it every day it's called my fitted back kitchen door.
Having said that he's very well off.

If think you need to change that statement  to ' never again'  ;) as you obviously did at one stage.

There is a difference between using a 'Odd job' company that carry's out 'light' buiding work, decorating etc and a cleaning company that covers various services in the Cleaning sector.

We offer numerous services as we are a 'Cleaning Company', as long as you provide a high level of service in every area I really dont see the problem, well let me rephrase that, we dont have a problem  :) and as you said yourself, your friend is  'very well off' .

Ref to the site, I would remove pointless  logos '50% OFF '  'UKs NO 1 cleaning Comp' and change that pressure washing pic (tarmac) as it looks like you have damaged the surface ! Actually probably remove all the photos at the top, as said change break down gallery so its relevant to each service, Small things like the face book link dont appear to work.

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 04:37:26 pm »
Agree with abaove post, we have a cleaning company,
set off cleaning carpets, then diversified to contract office cleaning, pressure washing, etc etc. Have trained staff in all depts, always have loads of work, and very rarely discount anything, and charge mid to high range, compared to others around us.

Can never understand why people discount work, my staff wouldnt accept less in their pay packets.

bennymon

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 04:42:33 pm »
Correct lots of things advertised I would look at it and think you below par at everything or your sending out someone on minimum wage to do the jobs . You should concentrate on a couple of things you are best at . And if it's not carpet cleaning leave it to the rest of us lol  ;) del

garry22

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 06:27:42 pm »
Ben, have the designers given you ftp details?

These will be ftp://www.bcs-cleaning-services.com/   with a username and password.

If they have, you do not need Dreamweaver. There are a couple of free programs that will do the job (not quite as well but good enough).