Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Craigp

Re: no calls or bookings since new website pricelist
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 11:04:05 am »
***why would they put these prices on their website if they did'nt work?***

Why do some people do groupon?

The problem with prices on site is someone comes along copy's 'half price' but slightly lower, then another, I seen it happen, how do you overcome that problem?

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 11:08:23 am »
Operations like Smart Clean have deep pockets, but eventually they have to tighten their belt, you know like not paying technicians very much or cutting back on adwords to the point the phone doesn't ring so much and then suddenly they are no more.

WHAT that got to do with his website?  You can still make mega money and which I not looked at there business in depth however you can do Volume / Quantity than Quality / Volume.   Which means if you do 40 cleans at £22(£880) while you may only done 20 cleans at £30 (£600).   As you can see you be better doing 40 cleans at lower rate.  

What you could pick up on thou for your website is following
CleanSmart and EVERY good sales staff will say

Sell on your FABS (Features & Benefits) from Start
BCS Cleaning - Your features are.... 100% Money back guarantee, Best Value Guarantee.    Then as you climb into the many menu I start to get your Reason for picking BCS.

CleanSmart - They do Quick Drying, They move the furniture, they fully insured, Fully trained staff and expert stain removal.  

So Top Tips,  
1 ) Replace your Services on first page on banner with your FABS
2 ) Consumers LOVE wee Guides and information and they more often to pick you as your company sounds like they know what they are doing
3 ) Keep prices but increase your area of Phone number. (If you want a Freephone number just let me know as I know a man with a dog who can give you one for free)

Overall - Both websites have good information.   SmartClean I would be worried to invite in incase they do pushy sales but on your website I would feel like you are honest chap who give me best advice which is what you need to give.

ben smith1234

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 02:44:57 pm »
thankyou for all you advise guys.

Traffic is minimal.

Really looking for info to help me out as I'm asking web designers to change things but they are saying they are fine as they are :(

Also when paid for website we was told comes with full seo setup.
But don't think the keywords they have put in for our site a wright?

They are telling us google don't use meta keywords anymore but other people are telling us that they do

wynne jones

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 03:03:32 pm »
If you radically change the content of your homepage, you are bound to have a fluctuation in your ranking, especially if you change what keyword phrase you are going for.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Mike Roper

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 03:05:01 pm »
I have had good feedback of customers new and old from my website- no prices but lots of good reasons for them to call me.
www.carpetcleaningwhitby.co.uk
Mike

ben smith1234

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 03:23:46 pm »
If you radically change the content of your homepage, you are bound to have a fluctuation in your ranking, especially if you change what keyword phrase you are going for.

That is very true.
the meta keywords the web designers have chosen are only town names so will be hard to get much traffic from those words.

Typed into google- carpet cleaning Stroud and we are not found on rankings at all.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2013, 03:29:07 pm »
thankyou for all you advise guys.

Traffic is minimal.

Really looking for info to help me out as I'm asking web designers to change things but they are saying they are fine as they are :(

They are telling us google don't use meta keywords anymore but other people are telling us that they do

A Good Website Designer will change the website as per client request.

Just ask them to show the SEO set up and it can take a couple weeks for google to pick up on it.   Plus Google did get rid of Meta Keywords about 2 years ago.   But other search engines still use them and many people think they use keywords but what they are putting on there site is Relevancy links for google such as;
Person searches Carpet Cleaner in Moo Town
and your website says Carpet Cleaner in Moo Town and which google then view your website as MORE relevant than your website says Carpet Cleaner that covers Moo Town, Nae Town, Bah Town, Oink Town as your words do not tick all boxes.   - That is my understanding of it however I am not any way a Pro Website Designer. 

If you want that Freephone number or any number I can give you details of a guy I used and I love my phone number as it cleaver and I can find out where leads come from.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2013, 03:32:26 pm »
I have had good feedback of customers new and old from my website- no prices but lots of good reasons for them to call me.
Mike

Mike unless you  look like Quasimodo I would have your picture as part of your 'mike roper of Whitby' logo that shows on every page.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

ben smith1234

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2013, 03:34:44 pm »
Chris- the web designer will change parts of my site only for a charge tho.
I did ask for them to add a video of carpet cleaner in action. But they will only add a video for a charge aswell

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2013, 03:35:32 pm »
Mike

Plus a nice picture of you and your van!   Maybe spread across bonnet  :P or even just sitting in driving seat with giving the thumbs up.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2013, 03:36:17 pm »
Chris- the web designer will change parts of my site only for a charge tho.
I did ask for them to add a video of carpet cleaner in action. But they will only add a video for a charge aswell

How does the website sit?  As can you edit it? or have they locked it?

ben smith1234

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2013, 03:41:24 pm »
Sorry what do you mean by that?

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2013, 03:43:08 pm »
Sorry what do you mean by that?

So how is the website made is it made on WordPress or etc?

ben smith1234

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2013, 03:46:47 pm »
To be honest I havnt got a clue

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2013, 03:48:01 pm »
To be honest I havnt got a clue

Ask them?

JandS

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »
 "Which means if you do 40 cleans at £22(£880) while you may only done 20 cleans at £30 (£600).   As you can see you be better doing 40 cleans at lower rate."

Twice as much work for less money?? I'd prefer 20 cleans @£600.
Half as much travelling and half as much wear and tear on you machinery and tackle and half as much time spent working.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2013, 04:10:53 pm »
"Which means if you do 40 cleans at £22(£880) while you may only done 20 cleans at £30 (£600).   As you can see you be better doing 40 cleans at lower rate."

Half as much travelling and half as much wear and tear on you machinery and tackle and half as much time spent working.

You be using same amount wear and tear but on shorter time but all it means if your buying regular and buying bulk you can haggle prices.   I sure did when i bought kit.

ben smith1234

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2013, 04:27:04 pm »

I agree with you jands
It's all good making £800
But travelling and expenses that come out of that we will be left with not alot

garry22

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2013, 05:11:07 pm »

Ben, what concerns me here is the lack of even basic on site SEO. We are not talking advanced site architecture here, we are talking things like the lack of a relevant page title containing the words "carpet cleaning" and "stroud". Stroud is not a big place and should not be too competitive.

If designers are talking about keyword meta tags, then you have a right to be a little concerned. Ten years ago that might have been ultra important but not now. Is yours one of the £ 399.00 sites?

It looks like your site is editable, so you should be able to change a lot of it yourself.

ben smith1234

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2013, 05:46:03 pm »

Ben, what concerns me here is the lack of even basic on site SEO. We are not talking advanced site architecture here, we are talking things like the lack of a relevant page title containing the words "carpet cleaning" and "stroud". Stroud is not a big place and should not be too competitive.

all gone down hill since we had our new website made for us. we offer upto 50% off all carpet & upholstery cleaning,
do you think we are priced too highly?
www.bcs-cleaning-services.com

Gary- just talking to them now.

It can be edited only if I have adobe dream weaver software.

Site wasn't mega expensive it was £600

But they are saying everything is my fault and all the keywords need to be written into the page which they clearly are not.
I havnt a clue about web design or seo , that is why they are professionals they should tell me what to write and the best way to optimise my performance but they never had.
They wrote all in info on every page and as a novice I thought it was all good but clearly not

If designers are talking about keyword meta tags, then you have a right to be a little concerned. Ten years ago that might have been ultra important but not now. Is yours one of the £ 399.00 sites?

It looks like your site is editable, so you should be able to change a lot of it yourself.