Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben smith1234

no calls or bookings since new website pricelist
« on: October 27, 2013, 12:01:24 am »
all gone down hill since we had our new website made for us. we offer upto 50% off all carpet & upholstery cleaning,
do you think we are priced too highly?
www.bcs-cleaning-services.com

TheWindowManChris

Re: no calls or bookings since new website pricelist
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 12:09:25 am »
all gone down hill since we had our new website made for us. we offer upto 50% off all carpet & upholstery cleaning,
do you think we are priced too highly?
www.bcs-cleaning-services.com

Your prices are there so nobody needs to call.    We are same sort prices as you but your website part of a larger marketing.    We do leaflet, Door to Door and we soon to do a Shopping Centre Demo :D

Craigp

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 01:01:19 am »
Looks like your copying someone? the blind leading the blind?

Looks like a rip off Smart Clean if I'm honest.

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 01:34:00 am »
The website is a bit too busy!

I hate the '100% satisfaction guarantee'  over the images.   Make the images stand out and I would expect from a decent company to ALWAYS have 100% Satisfaction Guarantee without need for a stupid icon.

Plus put a Geo Address there.   If you don't want use your home address go and rent a Virtual Address and I am sure they be a Regus or a Serviced Offices in your area to use. - People trust companies who put there address there as it sort of links people to a office of some sort.

dan paton

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 01:40:50 am »
Maybe you could show us your website window man.. Then we could all see how it's done  :)

TheWindowManChris

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 01:16:28 am »
Maybe you could show us your website window man.. Then we could all see how it's done  :)

Or Not.

As I am still doing my website up.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 02:31:45 am »
no offence but I don't like your gallery! The images there are pretty bad and all over the place. you've got grass cutting mixed with window cleaning, along with carpet cleaning, pressure washing etc etc. They are in no order and the images themselves are not good.

The prices are not cheap but not expensive either. Middle of the road i'd say but try taking them off the site for a month, see if you get more calls. Having the prices there gives people less reason to call you and its always easier to sell to them once you have them on the phone.

Craigp

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 05:53:43 am »
Have you been copying this site?

http://www.smartclean.net/

Your prices are exactly the same.

Yeah take the prices off, your get calls then.

from edge2edge

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 07:28:21 am »
Ben what exactly does half price mean .half of your normal prices or half of a guess at what expensive people charge.Regards Alan

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 08:10:12 am »
this pricing structure will work because you have copied it from a company who runs a 7 truck operation, common sense dictates if it works for them, then it will work for you
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 08:25:29 am »
Operations like Smart Clean have deep pockets, but eventually they have to tighten their belt, you know like not paying technicians very much or cutting back on adwords to the point the phone doesn't ring so much and then suddenly they are no more.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 09:01:29 am »
Get rid of the prices and get whoever wrote your carpet cleaning page to try and engage the reader and get them so they want to ring you, rather than telling them all about a Blazer Plus which means nothing to them. Telling them you use a Truck Mounted Cleaning System that is up to twenty times more powerful than your competitors machines and leaves carpet dry in hours, not days, is of interest to them, especially when backed up by real before and after pictures because they use them to help them to decide to ring you.
The idea is to get people interested enough in the uniqueness of your service to call you for a price but if you already told them the price then they have no need to ring you.
It is also in my view a huge mistake to make carpet cleaning about price because it isn't - it's about quality.

Simon

davep

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 09:12:46 am »
Plus the fact you are supposedly working half price smells of desperation

Are they the full prices you have charged in the past? If not trading standards could come knocking.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 09:19:26 am »
I think you should have tested the prices with a 5000 leaflet campaign before putting on Web Site.

I would suggest 5000 Leaflets with no price

and 5000 with prices.

On an ideal World to the same area with say a 3 month gap

If not to similar demographic Catchment areas

Craigp

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 09:33:43 am »
this pricing structure will work because you have copied it from a company who runs a 7 truck operation, common sense dictates if it works for them, then it will work for you

I was told theres a little exaggeration there. (7 TMs)

Who said it's working for them? This is an assertion.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 09:46:18 am »
There is a huge element of the market that couldn't really give a dam about prices (within reason) and simply ignore low prices because low prices are associated with low quality and all the problems they brings with it.
What attracts the right kind of customer is the promise of a quality, professional job, so I think as a business you need to decide which part of the market you want to focus on. You also need to dump the misguided notion that you can only fill your diary if you offer low prices and the fact that you are not getting any calls or bookings might well prove that point.
Set yourself up as a top notch professional carpet cleaner and forget what your competitors are charging, otherwise you'll end up being a slave to other people's pricing and find yourself in a position where your competitors and not you dictate how much money you can make.

Simon

Craigp

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:53:36 am »
Good post there Simon, rush of blood was it, lol

Spot on there.

garry22

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 10:26:22 am »
Ben, how does the traffic compare from the new site to the old one?

Is it the same, more or reduced? I cannot find your site on searches for what your designers have put as your main targets (Gloucester, Stroud etc).

It might be that people simply cannot find you now.

The site's basic on site optimisation could be better and the off site stuff seems pretty much non existent. I presume that this site is not finished yet?

There does not appear to be any focal point (hence the earlier comments about "busy). I found my eyes wondering all over the page.

A quick fix might be to get rid of that huge image at the top of each page and show them the relevant stuff underneath. Take notice of Simon's comment about what people are looking for.

To be honest, your price table may be the least of your problems at the moment.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 10:27:03 am »

I was told theres a little exaggeration there. (7 TMs)

Who said it's working for them? This is an assertion.

I'm a big believer in giving people the benefit of the doubt, why would they put these prices on their website if they did'nt work?   they don't look like a daft company.

it easy for someone to say prices on website don't work or are a bad idea but they've never done it so are just guessing. if i was not a carpet cleaner i would see them prices and just book them, if it was too expensive for me i would look elsewhere but if that was the case then it would not alter if i called them and asked the price it still would have been too expensive.

prices act as a filter to get rid of the price shopper, and don't say you can convert price shopper when they call because some just don't have the money, so no matter how good you are on the phone they will not book. they'll agree with everything you say, then tell you they need to speak to their partner before booking and you'll never hear from them again.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk