This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

can you make overtime compulsory
« on: April 11, 2013, 07:55:14 pm »
was hoping for staff to work overtime thru the summer etc to cope with all new work but to be honest they dont seem to motivated

hard to get them to work weekends too

can i make it compulsory for overtime to be worked sure i had it written in one of my old contracts of work cant remember where tho
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: can you make overtime compulsory
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:06:31 pm »
Nope is the answer m8
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

sunshine windows

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 08:10:32 pm »
Are you certain of that Gav. People that have had 'stand down' time off at Honda are forced to pay it back with 1 hour compulsory each evening, they even have to do a certain amount of Saturdays too.

Different scenario I know, but I'm sure it's compulsory.
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Stephen.C

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »
was hoping for staff to work overtime thru the summer etc to cope with all new work but to be honest they dont seem to motivated

can i make it compulsory for overtime to be worked sure i had it written in one of my old contracts of work cant remember where tho
Don't be so bloody stupid.
I bet your a delight to work for, no you cant.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

we have in our contracts that they may be required to work weekends and late as the business requires.  i guess i wouldnt get away with making them do it for long tho...  they can just leave cant they
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Stephen.C

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 08:18:48 pm »
Are you certain of that Gav. People that have had 'stand down' time off at Honda are forced to pay it back with 1 hour compulsory each evening, they even have to do a certain amount of Saturdays too.

Different scenario I know, but I'm sure it's compulsory.
No mate that's banked hours, and it was negotiated at national level with the union as it might affect other car plants.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »
Don't be so bloody stupid.
I bet your a delight to work for, no you cant.

;D

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 08:20:35 pm »
WELL YEAH I AM WHEN YOU PAY THEM DECENT MONEY THRU THE WINTER WHEN YOU COULD CUT THERE HOURS  BUT EXPECT A LITTLE BACK IN THE SUMMER AND IT DOESNT HAPPEN WHEN YOUR EXPECTING A BIG GROWTH THEN YEAH I DO GET MIFFED WHEN YOU HAVE TOOK THREE OF YOUR FRIENDS OFF THE DOLE STRUGGLING TO FIND WORK BOUT STACKING PALLETS FOR 12 HOURS ETC AT A GLASS FACTORY
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

wfp master

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 08:24:46 pm »
they might like stacking pallets. ;D

g.brookes

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 08:28:54 pm »
you can only do what is stated in a contract that both of you have signed.  simple as that really

roundbuilder

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 08:36:19 pm »
Richy i also get this problem time to time. Answere is to go out sat and do it yourself or go do hour or 2 when vans come back..after all its your business at the end of the day. Im having endless amounts of troubles getting all my first cleans done on time as not enough hours in the day and staff dont want to work overtime all the time which is understandable so needs must to get it all done on time, i know how you feel nothing worse than knowing you have dead money not being earnt. I hate it.

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:30 pm »
TOOK THREE OF YOUR FRIENDS OFF THE DOLE

And there lies your problem Richy!

wfp master

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 08:45:48 pm »
TOOK THREE OF YOUR FRIENDS OFF THE DOLE

And there lies your problem Richy!
aye they a ripping him a new a**hole

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 08:52:47 pm »
Some were at the back of my mind, I have this friend thing before.

richywilts

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 09:08:14 pm »
dont get me wrong they do work hard and im quite happy to take on part timers but when you have staff winging about money issues etc asking for subs 2 weeks after monthly pay but then there not prepared to work for it im getting fed up they were all aware that come summer time i was gonna need extra off them to turn business round so card are being laid on table next week d-day they either except i expect them to work longer hours to complete there worksheets for the day or do extra work or then on there merry way bk to the dole

ive got some nice decent contracts now and can begin dumping the messers business is looking good just need to sort van and staff issues out
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 09:09:42 pm »
For arguments sake lets say your guys do there job well.
You gave them a job, they do the job....why do they owe you anything??
Because they've done what they're paid for??
Whether you helped them out or there your best mates shouldn't come into it....
Sounds to me like you keep wanting favours from oeople buddy, and think everyone owes you something...
Then again, it is a forum, so may be coming across wrong....

Stephen.C

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 09:12:06 pm »
WELL YEAH I AM WHEN YOU PAY THEM DECENT MONEY THRU THE WINTER WHEN YOU COULD CUT THERE HOURS  BUT EXPECT A LITTLE BACK IN THE SUMMER AND IT DOESNT HAPPEN WHEN YOUR EXPECTING A BIG GROWTH THEN YEAH I DO GET MIFFED WHEN YOU HAVE TOOK THREE OF YOUR FRIENDS OFF THE DOLE STRUGGLING TO FIND WORK BOUT STACKING PALLETS FOR 12 HOURS ETC AT A GLASS FACTORY
LOL stop shouting and stop being a plum.

Stephen.C

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »
dont get me wrong they do work hard and im quite happy to take on part timers but when you have staff winging about money issues etc asking for subs 2 weeks after monthly pay but then there not prepared to work for it im getting fed up they were all aware that come summer time i was gonna need extra off them to turn business round so card are being laid on table next week d-day they either except i expect them to work longer hours to complete there worksheets for the day or do extra work or then on there merry way bk to the dole

ive got some nice decent contracts now and can begin dumping the messers business is looking good just need to sort van and staff issues out
Incredible you couldn't make it up could you?

austin

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 09:16:30 pm »
answer is employ a polish worker they seem the only people who want to work all the hours you can give them.sad as it is but they seem the only people who really want to work.have had the same problem.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 09:19:55 pm »
Get back on the tools and have 2 part timers working with you...

No more problems!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.