This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you put prices in leaflets

Yes
25%
19 (25%)
No
43.4%
33 (43.4%)
Thinking about it for next batch
17.1%
13 (17.1%)
Never have never will
11.8%
9 (11.8%)
What ?? you undercutting git !!!
2.6%
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Ian101

Do you put prices on leaflets ?
« on: November 14, 2012, 05:47:57 pm »
Starting to look towards next year and planning our next steps.

Never put prices on leaflets before but I know a few on here do.

Wondering whats your thought on this ?

dave0123

Re: Do you put prices on leaflets ?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 05:50:57 pm »
I was wondering with this idea may attract more business.

But how does it work? If the price is wrong for that house because it has a conservatory on the back or something like that.. and you turn up at say oh sorry its going to be such and such amount more money doesn't really look very good does it?

So just wondering how they get around that
Dave.

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 06:03:15 pm »

But how does it work? If the price is wrong for that house because it has a conservatory on the back or something like that.. and you turn up at say oh sorry its going to be such and such amount more money doesn't really look very good does it?

"subject too"

james peters

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »

i put the price , and underneath it says allow about £5 extra if you have a conservatory..
I find that I have better results from leafleting with this method:)

Steve Sed

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 06:05:57 pm »
There are a couple on here that have nice pticing systems. In the longer term that would suit me.

Not now though because if I need toquote in villages that involve traveltime where the job is standalone I want flexibility to add a premium.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:32:17 pm »
We are not super markets. The next will be 3 for 2. Price on leaflet lowers the tone of your business I might explain why you only earn £ 5 for a conny. IMO I guess I am just lucky to get the prices I DO.

king marko

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »
On the back of my cards I have 'I can clean your windows for £.....' Price based on 4/8 wkly clean

If I can see the whole house, I.e I'm doing the neighbours or its a bog standard typical ten a penny new build,  I'll put a price

If I can't see then I leave it blank

May be worth just putting a 'your quote' blank, empty, box on the leaflet and just fill in accordingly?

Cheers  :)

combat1

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 10:33:20 pm »
All my houses are straight up and down, no conservatories. I produced a cheap, photocopied leaflet and at the bottom it says the price for your property is ....
I just enter the price i want for the property. This has worked far better than the twin sided expensive colour leaflets which i had previously used.I started off stating every 7 weeks but dropped this to just quote a price.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 10:37:05 pm »
no no no no no  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 04:05:23 am »
Putting prices on leaflets will attract price sensitive customers who will not pay for a quality job. This type of customer will kick you in the but when someone comes along with a cheaper price. Just the way they will kick out the window cleaner they use now. Marking is a long term strategy that will be difficult to undo at a later date when your book is fuller and you needing more cash. Maybe this is what you want.Lots of low paying customer quick.Good luck with you business.

robertphil

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 05:18:39 am »
if you put your price it will give your competition the info ,they could undercut it, worth bearing in mind. might be worth you finding out the competitions pricing too

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 06:37:03 am »

Window Washers

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »
if you put your price it will give your competition the info ,they could undercut it, worth bearing in mind. might be worth you finding out the competitions pricing too
Why worry about your compeitition, use your energy in the right way and let them use thier energy worring about you.

Slumpy hit the nail on the head.

Price shoppers you will get if your trying to do it as cheap as possible.

I dont put my prices on there, because I want to speak to people not because I worry about the other guys around the areas I work.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 05:32:53 pm »
       W W you are right if there is a price on the leaflet you are allowing your prospect to decide to hire or not with out you even having a heads up with you. Its also presuming  all customers are interested in price and not quality.Most people are looking for a balance of both its called value for money.If price was the end all of a service try being 1 quid and doing nothing for it. You defo be the cheapest at 1 quid.
         The trick with most marketing is to create need and motivation to call you this gets yourself an opportunity to sell your individual service which makes us all difference.

james peters

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 06:35:04 pm »
Putting prices on leaflets will attract price sensitive customers who will not pay for a quality job. This type of customer will kick you in the but when someone comes along with a cheaper price. Just the way they will kick out the window cleaner they use now. Marking is a long term strategy that will be difficult to undo at a later date when your book is fuller and you needing more cash. Maybe this is what you want.Lots of low paying customer quick.Good luck with you business.

sorry...have to disagree....if a good price is put on leaflet, then why would this produce low paying customers?
I dont put prices that are low. I am not trying to lure in customers with a low price, I am just offering a service.....

I actually find that customers that take the time to phone after recieving my leaflet normally turn out to be good customers....

all methods work, if done correctly...
this method works for me , and I have been doing it for 20 yrs

WGB

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »
Think i have to agree with peter, if u do put a good price on them for a quality service then ur attracting a very good type of custy, with no price u could get a lot of messers ringing for quotes which could end in a lot of wasted journeys.

robbo333

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 07:39:48 pm »
I'd rather focus on the quality of my service rather than a price point. I'd rather be M&S than Lidl with the customers to match.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

james peters

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 07:49:48 pm »
I'd rather focus on the quality of my service rather than a price point. I'd rather be M&S than Lidl with the customers to match.

when your time is tied up actually cleaning windows, it's hard to get out canvassing and selling your service 1 to 1....
I actually agree that canvassing and selling 1to 1 is the best way! but the topic of the thread is whether or not to put prices on a flyer.

m@s use many different types of selling as do lidl's.
all I am saying is that putting a good price on leaflets work....
this is just window cleaning afteral......all methosds of marketing work to some degree...
in my experience...20 yrs... I have found that canvassing is the best and leafleting 2nd followed by referal......and puting a good price on flyers attracts non messers, and voids time wasted going out to quote.

there is no right and wrong way here ....it is just personal preference...
however ! I will agree that putting low prices on flyers to attract new buisness is asking for problems

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 08:12:44 pm »
There is not magic formula for marketing.If your happy putting prices on your leaflet go ahead and do it. It is your business . After all we do have different goals and businesses.For me price on a leaflet is a no no.

Dani J

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 09:35:06 pm »

;D ;D ;D