This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

Do you put prices in leaflets

Yes
25%
19 (25%)
No
43.4%
33 (43.4%)
Thinking about it for next batch
17.1%
13 (17.1%)
Never have never will
11.8%
9 (11.8%)
What ?? you undercutting git !!!
2.6%
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Dani J

Re: Do you put prices on leaflets ?
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 09:40:27 pm »
Think i have to agree with peter, if u do put a good price on them for a quality service then ur attracting a very good type of custy, with no price u could get a lot of messers ringing for quotes which could end in a lot of wasted journeys.

i will 3rd that.

king marko

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 09:43:22 pm »
There is not magic formula for marketing.If your happy putting prices on your leaflet go ahead and do it. It is your business . After all we do have different goals and businesses.For me price on a leaflet is a no no.

I don't put a price on every card I drop
I put a price which is fair and current and doesn't undercut or is cheap
I believe that there are many potential customers that will always ask "how much do you charge?" As soon as you knock, or as soon as they see you
I'm convinced that some folk will pick a card/leaflet up, see a price and decide wether they can afford it, without the awkward/potentially embarrassing conversation of having to ask how much it will be

Can't hurt to cover a few bases surely?

Like you say tho, everyone is different  :)

gary999

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 09:47:36 pm »
       W W you are right if there is a price on the leaflet you are allowing your prospect to decide to hire or not with out you even having a heads up with you. Its also presuming  all customers are interested in price and not quality.Most people are looking for a balance of both its called value for money.If price was the end all of a service try being 1 quid and doing nothing for it. You defo be the cheapest at 1 quid.
         The trick with most marketing is to create need and motivation to call you this gets yourself an opportunity to sell your individual service which makes us all difference.

nice post

Tony Edwards

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 10:40:10 pm »

No !

95% of my business had been canvassing and talking to custys. I allways price on the high side and negotiate down if needed.

If you can sense that they have money stick to your guns if not try to haggle.

How can you haggle with prices on a leaflet. If people like you and your quote is not greedy you will get a very large % of jobs. Had loads of custys say if i hadnt of met you would never had called you.

I have 2 identical houses in the same road.(not near each other) I charge one £40 the other £30 because thats what the customers could afford and I was happy to be paid. Prices on leaflets would never work for me

james peters

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 10:54:43 pm »

No !

95% of my business had been canvassing and talking to custys. I allways price on the high side and negotiate down if needed.

How can you haggle with prices on a leaflet. If people like you and your quote is not greedy you will get a very large % of jobs. Had loads of custys say if i hadnt of met you would never had called you.

I have 2 identical houses in the same road.(not near each other) I charge one £40 the other £30 because thats what the customers could afford and I was happy to be paid. Prices on leaflets would never work for me

ugh? if I put a high price on a leaflet and they ring...they dont haggle! thats the point...the price is there...end of!
when I canvass I get people haggling all the time....and sometimes I lower my price!

you are missing the point!
I canvass and leaflet with prices.... both are effective!

tony edwards? have you tried pricing on leaflets? how do you know it wont work?
and if so why does it work so well for me?

Tony Edwards

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2012, 11:07:35 pm »

No !

ugh? if I put a high price on a leaflet and they ring...they dont haggle! thats the point...the price is there...end of!
when I canvass I get people haggling all the time....and sometimes I lower my price!

you are missing the point!
I canvass and leaflet with prices.... both are effective!

tony edwards? have you tried pricing on leaflets? how do you know it wont work?
and if so why does it work so well for me?

If it works so well why come on here and ask the question in the first place !!

Ian101

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2012, 11:09:29 pm »
Errrrr he didn't - it was me

stuart mc

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:51 pm »
;D

anyway I agree with peter put a price on, it doesn't have to be cheap, that way the house owner just needs to decide, 1. do I need a window cleaner, 2. how much will he charge, 3. will I phone him

compared to do I need a window cleaner, how much will he charge, then I need to be in when he quotes, and then I will feel bad if I can't afford it, bugger it to much hassle next time we see a window cleaner we can just ask

stick a price on and the decision is easier

Window Washers

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 08:01:14 am »
;D

anyway I agree with peter put a price on, it doesn't have to be cheap, that way the house owner just needs to decide, 1. do I need a window cleaner, 2. how much will he charge, 3. will I phone him

compared to do I need a window cleaner, how much will he charge, then I need to be in when he quotes, and then I will feel bad if I can't afford it, bugger it to much hassle next time we see a window cleaner we can just ask

stick a price on and the decision is easier
good argument are these price you put on fixed and that's what they pay ?

The reason I have not put a price on is:
I want them to speak to me, I try to tap into their emotion which is either pain or pleasure i then provide the solution to that emotion, then i price the job I don't second quess a price it gives off bad signals when the price is wrong, so i disagree

But he runs his business the way he wants as do I, each to their own we are all different.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

gary999

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:24 am »
putting a price on a leaflet is a no no for me,i prefer to quote on site iget to see
the whole property and if there is any access issues extras on the back etc,a lot of
the times i reckon i end up charging more than i would if i was putting a price on a card
and posting through letterbox from the initial look at a property.

this would mean me losing out so defo a big no

Tony Edwards

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2012, 08:51:45 pm »
putting a price on a leaflet is a no no for me,i prefer to quote on site iget to see
the whole property and if there is any access issues extras on the back etc,a lot of
the times i reckon i end up charging more than i would if i was putting a price on a card
and posting through letterbox from the initial look at a property.

this would mean me losing out so defo a big no

+ 1

DG Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2012, 10:14:36 pm »
Some customers want to know the price before they call. I find it annoying when leaflets come through my door with no price on them. A plasterer put one through the other day, if he'd put a rate per square meter and perhaps a caveat for awkward work then I would have called him. I just can't be bothered with someone coming round trying to dream up a price they think they can get away with.

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 06:34:43 am »
I just cant stand a fellow coming around trying to guess the size of the job and have no idea how big the job is price which will go up once his through the door and doing a half job just because his under priced and trying to do me as a result of his guess-en. NO NO NO.It make me loose faith in that industry.

james peters

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 09:21:43 am »
I just cant stand a fellow coming around trying to guess the size of the job and have no idea how big the job is price which will go up once his through the door and doing a half job just because his under priced and trying to do me as a result of his guess-en. NO NO NO.It make me loose faith in that industry.

I agree with most proffesions this would be the case......but we are talking about window cleaning.....
with most properties where I live, it is easy to work out a price and put it on a leaflet.
I have a line underneath the price that says allow £5 extra if they have a cony.

I always put good prices on my leaflet which means tat even if the cony is a ,ittle bigger, or there are a few more windies than expected I am still covered....

also remember ....time is money, and going out to a property to price takes time that can be spent elswhere

bobplum

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2012, 10:37:45 am »
i have never used leaflets.......so dont know

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2012, 10:46:03 am »
its a good  basic guide line of how much you charge for a semi. bigger houses. are more but you would think these gits will figure it out for themselves ya cant have a 5 bed detaches for a £10.theres a waterfed price  and a  trad prices. 8)

Window Washers

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2012, 10:57:03 am »
its a good  basic guide line of how much you charge for a semi. bigger houses. are more but you would think these gits will figure it out for themselves ya cant have a 5 bed detaches for a £10.theres a waterfed price  and a  trad prices. 8)
read an be more expensive or cheaper really depends on a load of different things.

I don't put prices on but I do use people's leaflets that do against them :)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Cleaningcaddy

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2012, 03:45:33 pm »
On my leaflets i just put "Window Cleaning From £10" stops the time wasters who say well the old guy was only £6

gary999

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2012, 05:21:03 pm »

I agree with most proffesions this would be the case......but we are talking about window cleaning.....
with most properties where I live, it is easy to work out a price and put it on a leaflet.
I have a line underneath the price that says allow £5 extra if they have a cony.

I always put good prices on my leaflet which means tat even if the cony is a ,ittle bigger, or there are a few more windies than expected I am still covered....

also remember ....time is money, and going out to a property to price takes time that can be spent elswhere

yep time is money...thats why i would rather individually quote at property so i get exactly
the price i want.

each to their own though :)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:09 pm »
Window cleaning is very easy to price up because its a very simple thing we do. I think consumers are increasingly savvy regarding sales techniques. As it happens a double glazing firm knocked on the door yesterday and I need the front of the house doing. Guess what? They couldn't measure up there and then and give me a price, I've got to wait for their sales manager to call round no doubt to give me the hard sell. So they aren't going to get my business or even the chance to quote. Had they put a leaflet through with a ballpark price they'd be in with a shot. So I think there are a fair few customers out there who like me want prices up front. Canvassing or prices on leaflets is the way to go imo