This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

superlite brushes
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »
hey guys, we are in need of some of the above but dont want to get them from gardiner so if anyone has managed to find something similar elsewhere that would be great, or even justa suggestion of a good brush
thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

windiewasher

Re: superlite brushes
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:36:56 pm »
whats wrong with gardiners? ???
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 07:48:15 pm »
Sorry cant help i only buy my brushes from Gardiners as i believe they are easily the best in the market :)

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 07:51:26 pm »
Gardiners sell Gardiners .... why not buy from them ? they are in my opinion the best brushes on the market
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

keyser soze

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »
gardiners for me too ... sorry ,   get with the masses

billozz

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 07:57:06 pm »

well dont get me wrong i really like the ppl at gardiners and we get some really good service from them, but we bought some superlite brushes about 6-7 months ago and the bristles on them just come out, they get caught in the beading of the windows and they just fall out, we have loads of windows on our round with red bristles sticking in the beading of them, we spoke to gardiners and told them and sent them pics of the brushes and in their opinion we are rubbing the brushes along the wall !!, ths is absolutely ridiculous why would we do that and also anyone that cleans windows will know that there is a fair bit of frame around most modeern pvc windows so it is not possible to rub the bristles against a wall, you might catch the edge of the brush on the wall, but this would not remove the bristles. add to this the fact that they are quite expensive in the first palce and we just thought we look for something else. have to say though i am a bit dissapointed with the reaction from gardiners.

Scrimble

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:39 pm »
same has happened with my old and now replaced with a new one superlite xtreme standard brush

its called wear and tear, things get old and need to be replaced!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 08:05:51 pm »

well dont get me wrong i really like the ppl at gardiners and we get some really good service from them, but we bought some superlite brushes about 6-7 months ago and the bristles on them just come out, they get caught in the beading of the windows and they just fall out, we have loads of windows on our round with red bristles sticking in the beading of them, we spoke to gardiners and told them and sent them pics of the brushes and in their opinion we are rubbing the brushes along the wall !!, ths is absolutely ridiculous why would we do that and also anyone that cleans windows will know that there is a fair bit of frame around most modeern pvc windows so it is not possible to rub the bristles against a wall, you might catch the edge of the brush on the wall, but this would not remove the bristles. add to this the fact that they are quite expensive in the first palce and we just thought we look for something else. have to say though i am a bit dissapointed with the reaction from gardiners.

Hi Bill

The way to tell if it is wear and tear is to look at the edges of the stock. If the stock is heavily abraded and worn away in comparison to a new stock, then this cannot have happened from cleaning glass and PVC so will have come from abrasion on masonry window reveals. If you take a look on your brush stock and the edges are not heavily abraded and worn, then you may want to send the brush back to us for assessment.

Paul Edmonds

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 08:07:17 pm »
i have this same problem with gardiner brushes. thought it was just me. i have recently started to use gardiner brushes and poles 12 months. my opinion good poles but the brushes are pretty poop they take no real graft always know when we have been bristles everywhere!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 08:12:36 pm »
i have this same problem with gardiner brushes. thought it was just me. i have recently started to use gardiner brushes and poles 12 months. my opinion good poles but the brushes are pretty poop they take no real graft always know when we have been bristles everywhere!

It is recommended that any window cleaning brush is replaced regularly. I would personally recommend replacing an every day brush head every 8-12 months. Brushes are a consumable item much like a squeegee rubber is for a traditional window cleaner. Even if a brush looks in good condition the ends of each bristle will become pointed and less effective at cleaning after 12 months of scrubbing. The improvement upon replacement will be much the same as when replacing a worn out squeegee rubber.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 08:32:13 pm »

I must admit i have had this happen to me, but only with the white Extreme brushes, i dont rub the stock on the walls either and the brushes have been nearly new when its happened, the beading plucks the bristles out i think :-\

billozz

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:55 pm »

It is recommended that any window cleaning brush is replaced regularly. I would personally recommend replacing an every day brush head every 8-12 months. Brushes are a consumable item much like a squeegee rubber is for a traditional window cleaner. Even if a brush looks in good condition the ends of each bristle will become pointed and less effective at cleaning after 12 months of scrubbing. The improvement upon replacement will be much the same as when replacing a worn out squeegee rubber.

alex,
i have tried to post the same pics that i sent to you,but the site wont let me, there is some wear to the stock, but it is not excessive and you are bound to get some wear to the edge of it asthat part will come into contact with walls, but the bristles have not been rubbed along a wall, the red spots on the pics i sent to you are not the remains of worn down bristles, what you can see is whatever holds the bristlees in place, the bristles do not appear to be held in place by epoxy or a strong glue, i can send you dozens of pictures of windows we have cleand with bristles sticking out of the window beading, another contributor to this post has said exactly the same, this cannot be right

billozz

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2012, 08:41:08 pm »

I must admit i have had this happen to me, but only with the white Extreme brushes, i dont rub the stock on the walls either and the brushes have been nearly new when its happened, the beading plucks the bristles out i think :-\

absolutely correct....surely three of us cant be wrong can we

billozz

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2012, 08:43:10 pm »

we have always bought most of our stuff from them and have always had pretty good service im not complaining about that, but just dont think this can be right, i am sure they are not aware of the problem with them but maybe this will bring it to light

billozz

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2012, 08:44:53 pm »
Sorry cant help i only buy my brushes from Gardiners as i believe they are easily the best in the market :)

gardiners are very good and i like the people and we dont have many problems but i cant agrre with their brushes being the best in the market, i am just glad for you that you ahvent had the problems with the brushes that we have

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2012, 08:45:43 pm »
I have the same trouble with gardiner SL sill brush.  great brush to use when new, but sheds bristles at al alarming wait.  if they lasted 8 months i'd be delighted, but with us they are looking very worn after 2 months
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

billozz

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »
same has happened with my old and now replaced with a new one superlite xtreme standard brush

its called wear and tear, things get old and need to be replaced!

how long did you have the brush, i accept wear and tear, but i believe there is a fault with these brushes

billozz

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 08:49:51 pm »
I have the same trouble with gardiner SL sill brush.  great brush to use when new, but sheds bristles at al alarming wait.  if they lasted 8 months i'd be delighted, but with us they are looking very worn after 2 months
i couldnt agree more, what worries me is that i have seen at least three people say this in reply to this thread, why have none of them contacted alex or someone at gardiners about this, had they done so maybe gardiners would have been aware that there was a problem and looked into it a bit more

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 08:51:32 pm »

we have always bought most of our stuff from them and have always had pretty good service im not complaining about that, but just dont think this can be right, i am sure they are not aware of the problem with them but maybe this will bring it to light

Please read my first post above Bill. If you think it is more than wear and tear then please feel free to send it back to us for a full assessment by ourselves and the brush manufacturer. We are always interested in product feedback. We sell about 10,000 brushes a year and whilst the majority of users have no issues we are still interested in those that may have an issue and deal with these on an individual basis.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 08:52:37 pm »
i have called them about it.  in fact i asked specifically when i received my first brush what the wear was like on them, because they are so flimsy looking and the sales woman said that they believe they are hard wearing and are not aware of any problems with them.

when i contacted them at a later date they did say to take photos and send them in, but i am busy and didn't get around to it.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk