This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Frankybadboy

Re: superlite brushes
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2012, 09:42:03 pm »
you all been asked to send back the brush so alex can have a look,and have you brothered doing it,NO

So why continue moaning like school girls in a play ground,

and dont use the excuse iam busy,i only got three brushs,get them back so the bloke can look at them.SIMPLE

rah

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2012, 10:19:27 pm »
If only people read & thought before jumping on a band wagon! I have approx 12 brushes, the other 2 were back up stock.

I'm still using the brush and for 27 would just use it on con roofs etc, what I said was I would pay more attention to it and will  inform Alex if I believe I have a problem and I've got  far better things to do than sit on here all night.

:)
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

billozz

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 10:30:15 pm »
I can't believe what I'm reading sometimes. One bloke who claims three brushes are knackered but won't send one back to be looked at, another who hasn't got time to take a picture (but spends all night on here). For goodness sake sort yourselves out, use a spare and send them back to be checked over. I have nine brushes I can choose from.
What is Alex supposed to do?
If you don't get on with them then try another supplier or use the brushes you had before you  bought your new ones.
Billoz you've been wfp for three years at least, what have you done with the old ones?
we dont have any old superlite brushes these were the first that we bought
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

billozz

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:51 pm »
I have not lost a single strand in 2 months use , be it with my white soft / med or my red med , you guys must be like cows with muskets  ;D

By the way , you really are doin my swede in with all of your negativity , Alex gives you the best and lightest things to get the job done and you all expect it to last forever , if your looking for a 20 year brush then go vikan and live with the back probs , in fact dont even get me started ya fools  ;D

Rich  
you obviously havent bothered to read my posts ,so why get involved in the thread

P @ F

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2012, 11:34:09 pm »
Cos i have a view the same as you do , so get off me back you plank , and learn how to use a lightweight brush properly , or save a bit of money up and treat yourself to a couple of spares for times when you or your workers treat your gear like shat  ;D ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

billozz

« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2012, 07:32:13 am »
Cos i have a view the same as you do , so get off me back you plank , and learn how to use a lightweight brush properly , or save a bit of money up and treat yourself to a couple of spares for times when you or your workers treat your gear like shat  ;D ;D

Rich

ok im not proud i will take advice off anyone, i can show you dozens of pics of bristles coming out and sticking in the beading of windows, not just a few bristles but lots of them so you explain your brilliant technique for cleaning the windows without going near the beading on the windows. the reason we dont have spares is i refuse to purchase anymore until i can find some that are fit for purpose, which is "to clean windows" btw.
bill

Dave Willis

« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2012, 07:59:42 am »
Show us your pictures  ???
Are you using hot water?

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2012, 09:10:03 am »
I have one house on my rounds that 'eats' the bristles of any brush. they get trapped in the beading around the window. I would say IMO you may just be unlucky and have a particular window design on alot of your round that is doing this too you.
most housing estates when built will have used one supplier for there windows.

Dont know what the solution is for you, i only have one on my round so just take extra care with that one. It must be a nightmare if you have loads of them. 

Spruce

« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2012, 11:17:02 am »
I have one house on my rounds that 'eats' the bristles of any brush. they get trapped in the beading around the window. I would say IMO you may just be unlucky and have a particular window design on alot of your round that is doing this too you.
most housing estates when built will have used one supplier for there windows.

Dont know what the solution is for you, i only have one on my round so just take extra care with that one. It must be a nightmare if you have loads of them. 

I have found that if I get a window bead that pulls a bristle out, I try to cut the bristle off that is sticking out of the bead but leave the 'root' in. It helps to stop the same thing happening next time.
I have a shop window and a couple of houses that did this everytime I cleaned them - now they are fine. One of the windows is on the first floor, but as the bristle is white nobody can see it, although I know exactly where it is.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

lozsing

« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2012, 12:22:00 pm »
http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/Lozsing/P1020564.jpg

you wanted a picture you got one. i bought this extreme long before i put it on my pole .I use it about 3 times aweek on 3rd story windows. Most of the brislle loss was in the first few weeks .i dont use hot water and i wouldnt buy another extreme . I like gardeners stuff and it wouldnt put me off buying from them again am not complaining .

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2012, 02:40:25 pm »

you wanted a picture you got one. i bought this extreme long before i put it on my pole .I use it about 3 times aweek on 3rd story windows. Most of the brislle loss was in the first few weeks .i dont use hot water and i wouldnt buy another extreme . I like gardeners stuff and it wouldnt put me off buying from them again am not complaining .

That looks faulty to me as the stock does not seem to be overly worn or damaged - drop me an email on alex@agardiner.co.uk and I can sort this for you.

Mike #1

« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »

Its not good that you have lost bristles but honestly twisting about that as soon as start losing the odd bristle from the same place as your brush i just put some superglue at base . Mike

Ben wood

« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 07:24:55 pm »
Got to say gardiners poles are the best by far. I have the radius sill brush and it's falling apart after 5 months. I think ionics brushes are far better quality but heavy compared to the gardiners one. At the moment I am thinking of getting my old ionic one out to use on my clx it's two years old nearly and look new still .

KS Cleaning

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2012, 09:23:20 pm »
I have just started using the black radius sill brush, first thing I noticed when taking it out the packaging was there are a lot less bristles per row compared to my SL dual trim,so not enough splay meaning the stock is taking a bit of a battering, 20 sets of bristles on the sill brush 27 on the standard brush.

matty72

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 09:10:56 am »
In my opinion, the brushes deteriorate quickly, about 2months and there past there best but you can carry on with them, and bristles do come out on windows, this makes them expsensive but the most important thing is there LIGHT which is really what we want and as far as im aware there isn't anything better on the market, if there is please say what it is.

If someone can double the bristles and keep the brush head roughly the same weight we would have the perfect brush, we havebeen to the moon so must be possible, cheers.

traps7

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 02:29:39 pm »
I only get a few months out of a DT flocked before its worn out. I've switched to the DT mixed bristle to see if it will last a bit longer.

Still the best brushes on the market though but I've always thought brushes are dear for what they are.

Mike #1

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2012, 07:50:59 pm »
To heavy handed IMHO to all of you i have  bought gardiners brushes for 4 yrs now and still have every brush and each of them is in a good enough condition to be used on daily basis .

Used a old Xtreme brush standard for a fascia and gutter clean yesterday and what a fantastic job it did well impressed . Mike

vision tech

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2012, 11:29:09 pm »

did you get sorted out with your brush?
I started out with nothing......I still have most of it.

lozsing

« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:29 am »
yes i got it all sorted with alex, very helpful.

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 07:02:50 am »
i get all my brushes from gardiners . i really like the way they they turn into oval brushes after 2 months . no other brushes come close . gotta go now . need to order 2 more