This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

niceandclean

Re: superlite brushes
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »
The best wearing brush that they do is the standard dual trim. All the SL range i've had have always shed bristles, the worst one so far has been the white DT cill brush, i had 2 clumps fall out on the first day of using it. That said, I love the SL tooth brushes, even though they loose bristles all the time, i just like the weight and cleaning effects. But if something could be done about the quality, that would be good, but i still don't think i would change anyway.

billozz

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »
gardiners for me too ... sorry ,   get with the masses

we have always bought most of our stuff from them and have always had pretty good service im not complaining about that, but just dont think this can be right, i am sure they are not aware of the problem with them but maybe this will bring it to light

Please read my first post above Bill. If you think it is more than wear and tear then please feel free to send it back to us for a full assessment by ourselves and the brush manufacturer. We are always interested in product feedback. We sell about 10,000 brushes a year and the whilst the majority of users have no issues we are still interested in those that may have an issue and deal with these on an individual basis.

alex,
the brushes we are using are the only ones we have, that wasnt 2 pics of 1 brush i sent you all 3 are the same, so to send them back would be difficult, when we find some replacements ( that was the original reason for my post) we will send them back, we dont feel that we can purchase another 3 from you because if this ammounts to normal wear and tear then we have to find a more hardwearing brush.
can you advise the system for holding the bristles in place, because i think you would agree that there are a few people on here that are having problems with losing bristles, i can recall in the past as i am sure you can receiving poles from you that had clamps that were not glued correctly and you sent us the glue to repair them, maybe this is a similar soryt of thing and they havent been put together correctly maybe a bad batch judging by the fact that it is not just us that are having problems
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:25:56 pm »
Hi Bill

The bristles are not glued they are stapled in. If it was a faulty batch we would have hundreds of calls about this. If the bristles have worn away so that there is just a red dot of bristles left at the base then this is because of abrasion.

I imagine that the rounded edge stock and angled side bristles of the Sill brush is not as suited to your work or working method as a standard rectangular window brush. The straight edge profile of the standard Super-Lite DT brush is much more resilient at resisting side abrasion from window reveals for some users.

We could exchange posts back and forth about this, but unless you return at least one of these brushes I will not be able to take this forward for you.

Alex

TomCrowther

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 09:32:58 pm »
The problem I found is the gap in the upvc frames will pull the bristles out of the brush if they get snagged. Happens to me too {red extreme bristled brush}. Great weight, poor bristle retention.

Halfadaylee

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 04:13:09 pm »
I suffer the bristles coming out and replace them every 4 months or so as I dont feel there is an alternative out there.
It is poor though. We need the durability of the vikan, but without the wieght.
Art

lozsing

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:57 pm »
I had the same troble with the extreme so went back to the superlight.i did ring and compaint and was wsked to take photos etc but the time wasted doint all this i thought am better off working and just not buy themagain.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2012, 05:01:05 pm »
I have been out with the Extreme medium mixed brush the last couple of days and not lost a bristle yet, nice brush and sooo light you can feel the difference in weight to the white one :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2012, 05:04:47 pm »
Just one of those things, sometimes a bristle gets ripped out. There might be a good reason why Vikan stocks are massively thick and heavy.

dd

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2012, 06:36:55 pm »
I have the black dt sill brush and do not have this problem. I do recall though someone posting recently to say they had the same problem with the white sill brush and Alex replied saying the bristles on the black (soft) sill brush were a smaller diameter than the white and red so the black maybe less likely to get trapped in the frames etc.

This has put me off trying a white sill brush.

On a similar note I think Alex is sometimes a bit blind to issues related to his products. I found this when I said the clamps on the clx/slx poles need adjusting often on an hourly basis but Alex believed this due to overtightening and stripping the thread. I have not done this and know of a number of window cleaners who have this issue. Simply put the problem is down the the lock nut/thread not being quite good enough. (IMO).

Mike #1

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 06:41:55 pm »
SUPER GLUE is the answer i have had the odd few bristles come out of my SL brushes in the past and all i do when i get home is check the brush over find out were the bristles have come out and put a good amount of super glue at the base of the bristles .

I cant believe between the 3 of you , That you have not thought of a practical solution,  ::) ::) ::) SUPERGLUE ,SUPERGLUE SUPERGLUE ,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .  MIKE

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 07:15:14 pm »
Ive used the following brushes and lost bristles on all of them. As said above, its the small beading gap on windows where they get caught and come out of the stock

vikan mono oval
vikan sill flocked
brodex standard
SL DT flocked
SL DT mono
SL ST mono
bentley
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2012, 07:21:00 pm »
its not that you loose some bristles that s the problem.  as you say, you will always loose bristles.  it is the speed and frequency that you loose bristles.  literally 3 - 5 bristles on one window is not normal, for the vikan brushes.  it has happened on a couple of my sill brushes
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

rah

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2012, 07:29:59 pm »
I've also had issues with bristle not to the amount stated with the white dt brush. I've just taken 3 Superlites, only 1 fitted, the others are as standbys, but I did notice that the one fitted looks very worn after not much use.

I have never rang about it as my previous brushes have done the same and I guess it's just something I think happens, the odd bristle slipped through. Only when someone shouts do others think, Hmmm

I've used a couple of other brands and wouldn't consider going back to them, but it's something I will monitor more closely now.

Rob
Life used to be full of up's and downs....now i hardly ever get up a ladder :) .

Dave Willis

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2012, 07:36:21 pm »
Well, I've just had a dam good plucking!
They all shed their bristles - Vikans too. The Vikans are so dense and have so many bristles that nobody is going to worry if a couple come out. Same goes for the superlight flocked. The xtremes don't come with many in the first place and so when you lose a couple it seems far worse. I think the clue is in the name (extreme) we are using the lightest possible brushes with the least amount of bristles we can get away with.
If you have a receding hair line then maybe the lightweight brushes are not for you. If you are a closet brick scrubber then stick to the heavyweights.
It was harder to pull a Vikan bristle out but not by much, I don't know what holds them in but they seem to be stapled in the middle in some way because they come out twice as long.

billozz

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
Just one of those things, sometimes a bristle gets ripped out. There might be a good reason why Vikan stocks are massively thick and heavy.

its not sometimes its on every and i mean every window we clean!!

billozz

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2012, 08:55:04 pm »
SUPER GLUE is the answer i have had the odd few bristles come out of my SL brushes in the past and all i do when i get home is check the brush over find out were the bristles have come out and put a good amount of super glue at the base of the bristles .

I cant believe between the 3 of you , That you have not thought of a practical solution,  ::) ::) ::) SUPERGLUE ,SUPERGLUE SUPERGLUE ,  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .  MIKE
the point is mike we shouldnt have to think of a solution, i know that was a bit tongue in cheek but if the brushes are not up to the job they shouldnt be sold as such.

billozz

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2012, 08:59:26 pm »
Well, I've just had a dam good plucking!

If you have a receding hair line then maybe the lightweight brushes are not for you. If you are a closet brick scrubber then stick to the heavyweights.

we were told by gardiner that they would only honour the guarantee on the clx pole if superlite brushes were used on it because of the weight of other brushes

P @ F

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2012, 09:12:22 pm »
I have not lost a single strand in 2 months use , be it with my white soft / med or my red med , you guys must be like cows with muskets  ;D

By the way , you really are doin my swede in with all of your negativity , Alex gives you the best and lightest things to get the job done and you all expect it to last forever , if your looking for a 20 year brush then go vikan and live with the back probs , in fact dont even get me started ya fools  ;D

Rich  
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:46 pm »
i have these gardiner brushes

2 standard DT supalite brushes(mono white and flocked black)

2 radius  DT sill brushes(medium white/flocked black)

1 white extreme brush

ive only ever had a few bristles come out and stick in the frames and thats on the white sill brush.otherwise no problems whatsoever.

i love all their brushes.nice and light and all have their uses.

i also have 2 vikans( standard rectangle mono/stiff sill brush)and a brodex supposedly lightweight standard brush.

8 brushes!!i dont think ill be buying anymore for a good while now!! ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2012, 09:36:48 pm »
I can't believe what I'm reading sometimes. One bloke who claims three brushes are knackered but won't send one back to be looked at, another who hasn't got time to take a picture (but spends all night on here). For goodness sake sort yourselves out, use a spare and send them back to be checked over. I have nine brushes I can choose from.
What is Alex supposed to do?
If you don't get on with them then try another supplier or use the brushes you had before you  bought your new ones.
Billoz you've been wfp for three years at least, what have you done with the old ones?