This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

J. Domingos

A great Water Pump Controller...
« on: March 03, 2012, 12:21:41 am »
...with a new design, a Great Pump Controller. Maybe have no brand name,... but it's a strong and reliable piece of equipment
have a look,... and happy biding. :)

- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300672216939?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_731wt_1344 

- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300672220183?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_793wt_1344

during this weekend I will put on sale, what I call Pole Kits ... a must have accessory for your pole,  to make your everyday live more easy and to save money to. (see, Seller Information... under of - See other items) ;) ;D 

J. Domingos

Re: A great Water Pump Controller...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 12:24:55 am »
I know soon... you will see me on YouTube !!!  ;) ;D

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 12:28:39 am »
that is a good price

rosskesava

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 12:57:23 am »
So how long is the warranty?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 03:19:58 am »
fifteen amp fuse and it runs to 30 amps? How does that work then?

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 03:28:30 am »
that is a good price

That's not the price - reserve no met?

LWC

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 07:31:39 am »
Cheecky, looks similar to one of these to me

http://www.maplin.co.uk/panel-mounted-speed-regulator-module-30310

;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 08:43:35 am »

;D

Those are only 3A,.. they might handle a backpack pump at a push

WFP pumps can draw up to 8A,.. though in everyday use they rarely use more than half that.

I'm guessing that this 30A one doesn't have reverse polarity protection?

andyM

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 08:59:04 am »

;D

Those are only 3A,.. they might handle a backpack pump at a push

WFP pumps can draw up to 8A,.. though in everyday use they rarely use more than half that.

I'm guessing that this 30A one doesn't have reverse polarity protection?

Can you smell something burning?  ;D
One of the Plebs

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 09:00:48 am »
this Controller works like a worse.   

;D ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 11:37:15 am »
To be honest,.. I'd actually prefer one of these controllers to many of the digi ones currently available, especially at the price.

The tech is simple, its just a PWM speed controller in a waterproof box,.. no messing with calibration settings, no battery saving cut out -- it controls pump speed in the most simple way & can't really go wrong. If it does go wrong, every single component is readily available off ebay so its easy to fix.

It does look a bit DIY though,....

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2012, 12:51:26 pm »
this Controller works like a worse.   

;D ;D

Freudien slip  ;D
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 02:36:31 pm »
Will this work with Jose and Josb?

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 02:37:35 pm »
And i do apologise for being frivolous.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »
And so i have entered a bid,might bid a bit more if i understood them a little more.Would i be right in thinking the pump needs to  use its own pressure switch to cut power when the flow is turned off by a tap etc. And if so does that mean a relay is required to stop the switch arcing and eventually burning out?

andyM

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 03:16:34 pm »
And so i have entered a bid,might bid a bit more if i understood them a little more.Would i be right in thinking the pump needs to  use its own pressure switch to cut power when the flow is turned off by a tap etc. And if so does that mean a relay is required to stop the switch arcing and eventually burning out?

Peter Fogwell recommends using a relay to protect the pressure switch.
Personally i've never bothered because you can replace a Shurflo pressure switch in 15 mins at a cost of less than £2.
One of the Plebs

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 04:07:07 pm »
So if you have this controller with a pump and lets say you are using a pole tap.When flow is stopped the pump pressure switch cuts power.But for how long before the pump cycles and tries to start again.This happens with the varistream but by adjusting the pressure cut off you can make this a gentle affair with less draw on the battery.I`m interested to know the behaviour of the pump pressure switch in operation, as in, does it try to charge off with a head of steam before it curtails itself and hence maybe draw a lot of current each time?
     I use a varistream under the impression they are an improvement on whats gone before so can`t work out whether the aforementioned set up is an improvement  or a step backwards with the only benefit of perhaps saving a few quid.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 04:37:45 pm »
Honestly,.. I know the pressure switch idea sounds like a step backwards, but it really isn't.

The pressure switch cuts out when it reaches the set pressure. Its a mechanical switch so it doesn't "pulse" or anything, just sits there till the pressure drops again and then immediately cuts back in. There's no calibrating, no difference in operating in hot or cold weather,.. its not an elegant solution, but it does work really well.

The only reason the pump will cycle with this setup is if you have a leak somewhere in the system.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 04:44:27 pm »
Good to know,thanks for that Nathanael.

P.S. I`m keeping stum until later in the week but i may find myself on here singing the praises of the Master Guild Of Window Cleaners.
 Though i will say now to anyone,join !

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 05:32:59 pm »
I have the latest analogue controller from Spring that utilizes the pump switch for dead end setting. It seems better than the varistream in that the pressure range so far seems to be wider. My Varistream couldn't put enough pressure in the system first thing in the morning on cold days with 100m of 6mm hose.
Having an analogue dial means the settings can be changed much faster ie. with hot water and a ballooning hose the pressure can be backed off in a second instead of faffing around pressing two buttons at once.
Early days, but should give it a good test in the week.