This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steven ainger

Re: A great Water Pump Controller...
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:46 pm »
Ive just brought one of those new spring controllers as well,
Hoping that i will be able to reduce pressure build up, when using hot.
Recieved it yesterday but not fitted it yet

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 06:13:45 pm »
 :) ditto. be interested to see how you get on. I was hoping it might prevent pressure build up, I'm not convinced yet that it will with hot water. That's down to hose design in my opinion. Works well with cold though.
The problem I've found in the past is that hot water hardens normal hose making it difficult to use when you want to switch to cold. Stay hot all the time and the pressure settings can probably be kept the same.

The best method for hot would of course be a bypass back to the tank, pressure settings then become less important.

rosskesava

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
I'm wondering where this controler that J. Domingos is pushing is made?

Also, what about the gaurantee? There's no mention of one but if it's that good and that reliable.... yet  no gaurantee?

He gives his 4 years of experience as the warranty, which means nothing, and says it's very reliable but has only been using this controler for a few months and now he's selling them.

Also, he says it's handmade? What's that got to do with it and who made it anyway?

Sorry J.Domingos, I won't be buying one.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

J. Domingos

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:41 pm »
I understand all your concerns, and thank's for your honest comments. My point is... Window Cleaning it's not and never was Rocket Science. The thing is, If they are so simple why so expensive ? For a Controller be able to read pressure, and flow the cost will be thousands, and for what ? our job is only cleaning windows it's not ? So why complicated ?
Like Nathanael Jones said, if no leaks somewhere in the system... everything works fine. Before I start using these controllers for a long time I used two different brands and noticed the pumps pulse and there was no leakage in the system, so I started my research, I found this solution ..., besides being simple it's inexpensive and efficient, and that is the point isn't ?

I'm here to help... if I can !

Soon I will put something on Youtube to make the things more clear. Thank's again.

rosskesava

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 06:49:30 pm »
The question of a gaurantee is not rocket science either.

So how long is the gaurantee then?
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

LWC

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 06:59:24 pm »
Cheecky, looks similar to one of these to me

http://www.maplin.co.uk/panel-mounted-speed-regulator-module-30310

;D

Those are only 3A,.. they might handle a backpack pump at a push

Powers my shurflo pump all day every day pumping 2 reels and has done so for getting on near a year now.

J. Domingos

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 07:10:45 pm »
The ones from Maplin, are not power enough for a 100psi pump, normally this kind of pump works with 9.5amp. That's why I'm working on the way to decrease from 30amps to 15amps. Using something less can compromise the way the pump works (torque), that's why the fumes  :'( . Warranty... well first of all I'm a window cleaner, and if it's not good for me I don't give or even sale for anybody. Thank's again.  

LWC

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 07:12:16 pm »
Powers my 100psi fine

rosskesava

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 08:33:26 pm »
The ones from Maplin, are not power enough for a 100psi pump, normally this kind of pump works with 9.5amp. That's why I'm working on the way to decrease from 30amps to 15amps. Using something less can compromise the way the pump works (torque), that's why the fumes  :'( . Warranty... well first of all I'm a window cleaner, and if it's not good for me I don't give or even sale for anybody. Thank's again.   

So, there is no gaurantee. That's not mentioned on your ebay website although you imply it. You didn't answer the question first time round, didn't answer it the second time and have tried to avoid it the third time around. That is no way to do business.

So if I, or someone, bought one and it packed up 4 weeks later, what would you do?

J. Domingos

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 08:39:51 pm »
I will discuss the failure and than replace it, if not the buyer fault.

J. Domingos

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 08:50:28 pm »
As, I said earlier in this topic, to illustrate my point why to pay between £3.000 - £7.000, 4040 RO Mobile Cart, if I can make it with £1.500, and with better components ?

rosskesava

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »
I will discuss the failure and than replace it, if not the buyer fault.

So it does have a gaurantee as such. If it breaks due to faulty manufacture then you will replace it.

Jeeeeez. Why didn't you say that straight off?

I might give one a try then.

J. Domingos

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 09:11:35 pm »
what the point of selling, without a bit of fight. ;D ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:26 am »
I understand all your concerns, and thank's for your honest comments. My point is... Window Cleaning it's not and never was Rocket Science. The thing is, If they are so simple why so expensive ? For a Controller be able to read pressure, and flow the cost will be thousands, and for what ? our job is only cleaning windows it's not ? So why complicated ?
Like Nathanael Jones said, if no leaks somewhere in the system... everything works fine. Before I start using these controllers for a long time I used two different brands and noticed the pumps pulse and there was no leakage in the system, so I started my research, I found this solution ..., besides being simple it's inexpensive and efficient, and that is the point isn't ?

I'm here to help... if I can !

Soon I will put something on Youtube to make the things more clear. Thank's again.

You have done well in making a controller.

But your remark highlighted in red, is incorrect, most controllers the varistream for instance does control  flow and cut off
pressure and do not cost thousands about £80.

But sometimes the more simple the controller is, the less to go wrong.

Well Done.

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:16 am »
Still no price though  ??? - reserve not met.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2012, 09:55:55 pm »
So what is the reserve price J Domingos?

Spruce

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2012, 09:24:07 am »
But hang on a sec Roy,

In the notes below the ad he has the following; If your water pump comes with a pressure switch build on it, better, adds more protection, and switch off the Controller every time you turn off the flow on your pole

What he is saying here is that you don't need a pressure switch on the pump to work his controller - a built in pressure switch adds more protection.

The new Spring analogue controller has 2 controls, a flow control and an electronic pressure control. They also suggest that the controller is wired through the pumps mechanical pressure switch for added protection, but the idea is that the electronics cut the pressure before the mechanical pressure switch does.

So what happens if you don't have a pressure switch on your pump? What happens if you turn the tap off for a while?

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2012, 10:10:47 am »
i cut my pressure switch off to fit varistream

Is that right?

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2012, 01:47:25 pm »
i cut my pressure switch off to fit varistream

Is that right?

Yes, the Varistream was designed to bypass the pressure switch and you set the pressure electronically.

The only thing that this controller does is slow the pump down. It doesn't regulate the pressure from what I see. So in my opinion this controller will just let the pump keep on running if you didn't put it through a pressure switch. I would have to conclude then that this pump would build up pressure and eventually stall and burn itself out or blow one of the hose connectors off.

I don't want to slate this person's efforts, but I feel that he has come up with an idea to make an analogue controller because so many are having problems with the digital ones. I don't believe he actually understands the concept behind how a controller works. It would then appear to me that he has 'borrowed' some of Spring's wording for his advert. (Connected to a pressure switch will add further protection).  

I'm all for guy's coming up with new and innovative solutions to make our job easier, but I don't believe that this is one of them.

I see that he sold a Gardiner Eco Flow controller on Ebay that ended in the 19th of Jan for £17.01 with £2.00 postage. Not sure what happened but the listing was ended as he received his right price???
He had also been using that controller for more than a year with the same pump and was very reliable. So he's been using 2 controllers for a year that have been very reliable.

This controller has to be used with the pump's pressure switch IMHO.

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Roy Harding

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2012, 02:08:55 pm »
But hang on a sec Roy,

In the notes below the ad he has the following; If your water pump comes with a pressure switch build on it, better, adds more protection, and switch off the Controller every time you turn off the flow on your pole

What he is saying here is that you don't need a pressure switch on the pump to work his controller - a built in pressure switch adds more protection.

The new Spring analogue controller has 2 controls, a flow control and an electronic pressure control. They also suggest that the controller is wired through the pumps mechanical pressure switch for added protection, but the idea is that the electronics cut the pressure before the mechanical pressure switch does.

So what happens if you don't have a pressure switch on your pump? What happens if you turn the tap off for a while?

Spruce

Yes I know, what I meant was he said to have a controller with both would cost thousands, but they don't.

Roy