This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spruce

Re: A great Water Pump Controller...
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:01 pm »
I much prefer DE detection rather than the pumps pressure switch. I can set DE MUCH more accurately on a varistream & also alter it much easier too.

My MKI digital varistream works flawlessly, never missed a beat in about 4+ years!

I'm led to believe though that the newest versions of the Varistream are not as good?

Our Mk1 digital Varistreams also have been great.
I have the latest on the last van we put together. I like the feature that when the unit is off you can press either the + or - buttons and it will display what your state of battery charge is.

What I don't like is that the unit is 'live' all the time. Whilst Williamson's advise that the unit only draws 40MA I believe its more. If you take off a battery terminal and put it back on there is quite a spark, which is more than 40MA IMHO. If we leave a fully charged 85 amp leisure battery connected up for a week, the leisure battery shows a 75% charge when put on a charger. This suggests a drain of about 25% of capacity or 20 amps over a week. The only way we have stopped the drain is to fit a seperate isolator switch between the battery and the Varistream which is not a big problem either way.

They didn't answer when I asked why the box needed to be live all the time though.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)