This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richywilts

Last staff member trying it on
« on: February 01, 2012, 07:43:36 pm »
Two staff have gone now the last one is trying it on saying he wants a third of whatever he does for me!!! He can hit between 2-300 a day which fair play is quite a lot I've offered him 18grand a year as long as he hits targets which may mean working Saturdays to hit them.

I will not back down I've offered a fair wage for a window cleaner I think

Are alarm bells ringing????
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

H S and Son

Re: Last staff member trying it on
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 07:49:42 pm »
Whats wrong with a third?

So he does £300 one day and you want £200 of it? What more d'you want, blood?  ;D

What target have you set him to turnover if he is to earn £18.000 a year?

Helen

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 07:54:25 pm »
Two staff have gone now the last one is trying it on saying he wants a third of whatever he does for me!!! He can hit between 2-300 a day which fair play is quite a lot I've offered him 18grand a year as long as he hits targets which may mean working Saturdays to hit them.

Don't panic, he's seen your others disappear and he's now seeing what he can get......wouldn't you in his shoes ;D
Is the £18k just a straight payment, no bonuses/incentives etc?

colin purewater

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »
nowt wrong with that wadge richy

a very good wadge tbh your right not to back down hes an empolyee not a subby or co owner

stick to your guns sheriff! ;D
keep it simple

richywilts

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:36 pm »
We basically agreed the other week what he would like as a wage what he needs to live on etc, I wouldn't think of putting anyone else on this week but he's a bloody good grafter.

I think if he worked 8-5 he would at a push and prices rises prob hit 275 a day day in day out

I was thinking of target bout 1300-1400
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 08:02:01 pm »
Gonna be some tumbleweed blowing through that unit of yours soon.  :o

TomCrowther

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 08:03:50 pm »
I would sit him down and explain he is on a decent wage for what he does. I would also show him the other costs that you face as a business. He may be thinking "I do the same as him but only get £x when he gets £xxx". If he understands that you have extensive overheads he is more likely to realise he isn't being taken advantage of. You should also point out there are lots of people who would quickly take his place.

richywilts

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 08:04:02 pm »
Wats tumbleweed??
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

H S and Son

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 08:10:41 pm »
I know employing staff brings additional costs and overheads, but youre looking to make £1000 a week from one member of staff. Are you being realistic here? If that's the case all you'd need to do is employ two guys and you'd be on £100,000 a year. I know you've tried that and it didn't work for you. But perhaps thats where you're going wrong Richy. Unless someone would like to point out how Ive misunderstood this situation.

By the way I agree £18,00 a year is a fair wage but not if you are asking him to turnover £70,000 a year it isn't.

Helen

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:13:46 pm »
Wats tumbleweed??

Think of the old cowboy films where the straw blows down the street :)

I don't think you should back down, but maybe offer a 3 monthly incentive, a % of what he brings in over that 3 months. Gives him the incentive to put in good days, and if tasty enough should keep him in the job :)

Have you done a job search in your area to see what others pay their staff, always useful to know this in case :)

Window Washers

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

if your happy to pay him a third then no problem, if your not then it is.

You run the company not him Richy and I would insure he knows this. If you have to start again then do.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Scrimble

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 08:19:29 pm »
18k a year is sod all, if i was he i would leave set up on my own and take as many custys as i could get with me

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:19:50 pm »
loads of jobs out there at £6.05 an hour tell him  ;)

Helen

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 08:21:48 pm »
I know employing staff brings additional costs and overheads, but youre looking to make £1000 a week from one member of staff. Are you being realistic here? If that's the case all you'd need to do is employ two guys and you'd be on £100,000 a year. I know you've tried that and it didn't work for you. But perhaps thats where you're going wrong Richy. Unless someone would like to point out how Ive misunderstood this situation.

By the way I agree £18,00 a year is a fair wage but not if you are asking him to turnover £70,000 a year it isn't.

The way we used to work (and perhaps we were wrong....who knows ???)
That for example if a staffie grossed 70k per year for us, we would expect the overheads against that to be in the region of 28k, so pay, extra NI, running vehicles etc etc. You would be hard pushed to get 70k out of one person, due to almost 6 weeks hols, sickness etc.
If you have the gross turnover then £18k as a basic salary is good, but as I said I would also offer incentives to make it more of a carrot :)

H S and Son

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:01 pm »
I'd like to shake the hand of someone who can do 70K a year  ;D

londoncleaners

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »
Hi sorry but I just don't believe a word you say, I know most will shout, but sorry I'm just ot having it

That is all

Helen

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 08:24:55 pm »

They wouldn't have time to take it off their pole to shake yours ;D

and don't take that the wrong way :P

Helen

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2012, 08:26:06 pm »

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 08:26:21 pm »
Tell him you will pay him 20% on work over 5 days at 1000 TURN OVER .( 200 a day) 25% on all work between 1000  to and 1500 and 30% on all sales between 1501 and over per week.But if he misses any days due to weather on sick the target the same as a 5 day week. You all score together but he must also loose if you loose income.If he works weekend use the same payment as the week but on a daily target. tell he can earn 30% THIS WAY,  ??? ::) ::) sO HE WILL IN FAcT ONLY EARN 30% on the amount over £300 per day.

H S and Son

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »

They wouldn't have time to take it off their pole to shake yours ;D

and don't take that the wrong way :P

;D ;D

Ooer missus!