This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H S and Son

Re: Last staff member trying it on
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2012, 08:30:28 pm »
Tell him you will pay him 20% on work over 5 days at 1000.( 200 a day) 25% on all work between 1000  to and 1500 and 30% on all sales between 1501 and over per week.But if he misses any days due to weather on sick the target the same as a 5 day week. You all score together but he must also loose if you loose income.If he works weekend use the same payment as the week but on a daily target. tell he can earn 30% THIS WAY,  ??? ::) ::) sO HE WILL IN FAcT ONLY EARN 30% on the amount over £300 per day.

I would go down that route. Not saying Id use those exact figures but I would offer a rising scale of pay once certain targets were achieved. You need to offer an incentive. He'll be on his way soon if you dont. If he's as good as you say he is he'll be scheming that once the warmer days come along.

If you get this £70,000 of commercial work you were talking about you'll need someone to do it.

richywilts

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:39 pm »
Helen do you mean incentives on top of 18000 a year, he came in for a 7quid an hour job based on 40 hours initially so it's a nice pay rise

My estimates wer based on 48 weeks a year being worked

1300 divide between 5 days = 260

1300 divide between 6 days = 216

1300 x 48 weeks = 62,500

It may look great hitting these figures but doing the work is only half the job collecting payments etc still need to be accounted for

Most window cleaning jobs I see are between 6-8 quid an hour
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Helen

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:54 pm »
I'd like to shake the hand of someone who can do 70K a year  ;D

They wouldn't have time to take it off their pole to shake yours ;D

and don't take that the wrong way :P

;D ;D

Ooer missus!

Going now before this all gets out of hand one way or the other. ;D

Richy, go get a couple of beers, watch some TV and worry about it tomorrow morning :)

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2012, 08:38:00 pm »
Hi sorry but I just don't believe a word you say, I know most will shout, but sorry I'm just ot having it

That is all

What don't you believe??

And I maybe able to enlighten you on your issues with me
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Helen

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2012, 08:40:32 pm »
Helen do you mean incentives on top of 18000 a year, he came in for a 7quid an hour job based on 40 hours initially so it's a nice pay rise

My estimates wer based on 48 weeks a year being worked

1300 divide between 5 days = 260

1300 divide between 6 days = 216

1300 x 48 weeks = 62,500

It may look great hitting these figures but doing the work is only half the job collecting payments etc still need to be accounted for

Most window cleaning jobs I see are between 6-8 quid an hour

Ok just caught me. So the £18k has just recently been agreed (before the others left I take it)
Does he go out collecting too?

Personally if I felt this chap was the right guy to help you take your business forward I would put in an incentive plan for him too.
Is he that good that maybe 6 months down the line you could make him lead window cleaner?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:42 pm »
ritchy a tenner an hour ideally
you really cant expect him collect aswell
or sub it all to me  ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

richywilts

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 08:48:02 pm »
It's not been agreed no that's what if offered him tonite n he's turned it down wanting a third,
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

sean84

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
It's not been agreed no that's what if offered him tonite n he's turned it down wanting a third,

:o :o :o  18k a year is a great wage. Hes lucky to have an employer like you, people are struggling for work thats why most wages are sh*t at the the moment.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2012, 08:57:24 pm »
Richy do you count chickens or something?

You see a couple of weeks back the whole of your team only had 67000 between the lot of you. now one guy can do all that work  ???
So are you counting chickens before they hatch or something because if you are on the tools as well you would be turning over 140,000 a year - well into the vat zone. I'm really really confused.

Edge Clean

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2012, 08:59:56 pm »
Richy,

In a previous topic you mention you turnover was approx £67000 and you employed 3 lads to achieve this.

On the figures you are quoting tonight, it seems you now expect him alone to cover the work of 3 lads or do you intend working day in day out alongside him?

richywilts

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 09:02:10 pm »
We had approx 67000 of domestic work in value if all completed on time etc

We also have prob 10000-15000 of commercial don't know exact figure

Yeah I was overmanned considerably as we lost a lot of work When computers were stolen etc and never recovered it

Being a nice guy I tried my hardest to keep them all on but wasn't viable
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2012, 09:06:38 pm »
Richy,

In a previous topic you mention you turnover was approx £67000 and you employed 3 lads to achieve this.

On the figures you are quoting tonight, it seems you now expect him alone to cover the work of 3 lads or do you intend working day in day out alongside him?

I'm just going off what he can do a day,before break in in October we had prob £100,000 worth of work which was including newly canvassed work but lost a lot of that coz idiots and during break in computers were stolen, always hoped to rebuild back up and not lay staff off but they left before I had a chance
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

Helen

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2012, 09:07:16 pm »

Ok. I'm tired so my figures may not quite add up ;D
So you have offered him £70 before tax (rounded up from £69.24) per day. I've based this on 5 days a week 52 weeks per year. (you need to take his hols into account here aswell)
Over 5 days you would like him to bring into the business £260 per day.
That is your stumbling block, it's too ambitious for one person. Or maybe you work together to bring £260 in? If so £18k is about right.
I would have a good think tonight about it.
IF he is the person to take you forward what have you to lose by offering a bonus/incentive.
IF he isn't stick to your guns with the £18k only.
Keep us informed :)

Helen

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2012, 09:10:53 pm »
Richy,

I'm just going off what he can do a day,before break in in October we had prob £100,000 worth of work which was including newly canvassed work but lost a lot of that coz idiots and during break in computers were stolen, always hoped to rebuild back up and not lay staff off but they left before I had a chance

You have e-mail :)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:24 pm »
Hi sorry but I just don't believe a word you say, I know most will shout, but sorry I'm just ot having it

That is all

What don't you believe??

And I maybe able to enlighten you on your issues with me
dont worry richy,londoncleaner  never makes sense,allways talking a load of poo :P

H S and Son

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:56 pm »
That is your stumbling block, it's too ambitious for one person.

My point all along. Silk purse sows ear.

birdymiller

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2012, 09:20:40 pm »
Richy,

So since oct you have lost £33000 a month in work because your computers were stolen, surely you had a rough idea where the work was

richywilts

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2012, 09:22:03 pm »
This lad does 250 a day quite easily I'm looking to increase prices by 1-2quid a job as prices haven't gone up in 3-4 years so average day of 20-25 jobs should yield an extra 30quid a day hence how I think 260 is an achievable figure

Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richywilts

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2012, 09:23:50 pm »
Richy,

So since oct you have lost £33000 a month in work because your computers were stolen, surely you had a rough idea where the work was

No not all because computers were stolen had loads canvassed and it's turned out to be crap work n full of messers we have dumped a lot of them plus lost a few to cancellations
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

windiewasher

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2012, 09:27:23 pm »
18k isnt a lot if hes earning a lot more and you expect him to do a 6 day week,i was earning that 18 years ago when i was 18 for a normal monday to friday job!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.