This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

Re: Your sacked
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 08:07:43 pm »
Wow, so many posts being deleted on this thread that it's actually getting shorter...

stuart mc

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 08:09:30 pm »
Wow, so many posts being deleted on this thread that it's actually getting shorter...
;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 08:10:11 pm »
Well done, shop the idiot.
If he had killed someone after you sent him home, how would you have felt knowing you could have prevented it.

paul saunders

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »
Its no surprise to hear the mob baying for blood,revealing a lack of empathy and compassion.

The chap has been dehumanised and hung drawn and quartered by the "do gooders",some of whom will claim to be religious.

Reminds me of the devout christians that are absolutely gutted to arrive in heaven and find everybody else there.

You don't have to be religious to have an opinion. And no, I'm not religious AT ALL.
I can remember when waking up stiff in the morning was a good thing.

stuart mc

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 08:15:38 pm »
ach at the end of the day woody did what he thought best at the time, who am to judge, just isn't how I would have handled it. but it isn't any of my business how others act

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 08:19:33 pm »
he has probably been on a wee bender that ended late last night, he then stupidly drove to work

i bet everyone reading this topic has drove to work the morning after having a few beers nite before i no i have

Four times over the limit the morning after?  You really are having a laugh.

If you're drinking two pints an hour, it takes about ten or twelve pints to get to four times the limit immediately after you stop drinking.  To be that far over the limit after eight hours kip you'd be drinking about sixteen or eighteen pints.

We're not talking about someone mistakenly finding themselves just over the limit first thing in the morning here.  Four times over the limit is criminally smashed to be behind the wheel.

As an aside, I do love how the word "grass" comes up on this forum so often, as though you feel you're all a bunch of noble underworld characters protecting your honourable criminal mates.

Vin

The word grass comes into the equation when someone informs the police of someones wrong doing,you dont have to be involved or related to the criminal underworld to use the saying....
On this occassion the OP grassed on this bloke as he felt it was the right thing to do,others have differing opinions...that's the way the world turns round....i personally,along with others,would have tried (tried being the operative word) to dealt with the situation in another manner....if he didn't want others views he shouldn't have ferking posted about what he done in the first place.....

Londoner

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »
I don't think you did the wrong thing. He knew the score, now he's history, move on

MWC

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 08:29:48 pm »
There's no excuse for drink driving what so ever. Only takes one time to hit and kill someone, better to learn a lesson than lose an inocent life

You did the right thing.

stuart mc

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2012, 08:36:06 pm »
I think there is a few who don't realise how drink and how long it takes to leave the body, if the guy has been on a session for a few days, it is the holidays it would be easy for him to be maybe even 10 times the limit after going to bed and with the liver only being able to process 1 unit of alcohol per hour then easily be 4 times the limit in the morning without realising it, I didn't know all this years ago but I do now, that is why I would give the lad a chance if all was ok before, but I would make sure he was educated fully on how drink works, and no I wouldn't have let him drive home I would have driven him home and then had a long hard think on how to proceed, then went and seen him that evening or something along those lines, at this point when he was sober and I was calm I would then decide what to do. and he would be on his very last warning from that moment on.

bumper

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2012, 08:39:58 pm »
just heard this
wife left him
no job
carnt drive
no where to live
big fine
man found hanged and wife just found his lottery ticket and he had 6 numbers up, ;D wife said he was to drunk to check his numbers ;D

stuart mc

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2012, 08:41:11 pm »
 ;D ;D shut up bumper ;D

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2012, 08:45:50 pm »
I would have done the same, sacked him on the spot & rang the police. To be over 4 times the limit means you know your are ped and know that by driving you are breaking the law... there is no excuse for it. The guy should have phoned woody and told him he couldnt go into work or got someone to take him / taxi in.

I saw a police camera action a few months back. the coppers on there were saying it takes 1 hour per unit to clear your system that starts 2 hours after you have stopped drinking.

So 4 pints @ 2 units per pint = 8 units.

So if you went to bed at midnight you would not be free of alcohol until 10am and then you would still feel groggy
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

woody1

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2012, 08:46:49 pm »
It was the guys third week so on a trial, 1st black mark not turning up on the monday. 2nd balck mark late on the tuesday. 3rd black mark being ped. He had been partying and not been to bed. so i think he deserves every thing he gets

Jackal

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »
we do have some saints on here dont we  ;D,never done owt wrong in there entire life,come on lads own up, nobody is going grass u up for what you say on a forum

Perfect Windows

« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:27 pm »
Its no surprise to hear the mob baying for blood,revealing a lack of empathy and compassion.

The chap has been dehumanised and hung drawn and quartered by the "do gooders",some of whom will claim to be religious.

Reminds me of the devout christians that are absolutely gutted to arrive in heaven and find everybody else there.

I'm an atheist, if that makes me more qualified to have an opinion.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2012, 09:08:54 pm »
The word grass comes into the equation when someone informs the police of someones wrong doing,you dont have to be involved or related to the criminal underworld to use the saying....

Ah yes, that's a definition alright, but it ignores the fact that "grass" is used to insult the action - it's not neutral.  It would be like saying he "did his civic duty by reporting a criminal act that might well result in death" rather than "grassed".  That would be just as biased.

Vin

stuart mc

« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2012, 09:14:59 pm »
grass bubble call it what you like, I have never suggested either, I just don't see the point of totally ruining the guys life after he has already been sacked, I would have driven him home whatever my decision was on sack or not.

david watts

« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2012, 09:22:16 pm »
wouldnt grass whole town knows
all the lads that work for you know
could go all pete tong on you
like i tried to point out blokes got kids and bread is the same price for him as it is for you ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2012, 09:34:41 pm »
Ok, maybe he could have driven him home.  But is this the first time?  if it wasnt (and im guessing it wasnt), then it certainly wouldnt have been his last.

Is woody this blokes keeper?  what if he had driven him home, given him a right ticking off, then heard later on that he had since been in an accident and killed or injured someone.  WOuldnt he have thought he should have done more?

And he would have been right.  For the guy to be that far over he must have known about it.  And if he was ok with it then he would probably have done it regularly.

Difficult to say without being in the situation, but i may well have done the same thing myself.  After all, did he know him from adam?  his history or how likely he was to do it again?  better to err on the side of caution.....let him ruin his own life, not another families!

My tuppeny worth anyhow!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #59 on: January 03, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »
i believe what woody done was right,how anyone can think that drink driving is ok is beyond me.

they probaly think it ok cause they done it there self and trying to justify it.just wait until it effects you,and dont so say you know,cause you dont know until it does.

all he had to do was phone up to say he was unfit for work,hes big enough ugly enough to know what he was doing.so deserve everything that he got coming to him.

my view ;)