This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Catherine10

Re: Your sacked
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »
Op may I just ask - initially in hindsight when you took him on did he display drunken behaviour at any time, were there any warning signs that he may be like this, or was it one off behaviour?

John F

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 07:10:11 pm »
Sacking him...well ok...he did wrong so maybe your within your rights to do it,but couldn't you have stopped him from driving without it getting out of hand.I mean he now has no job and a big fine and disqualification,maybe you were right but surely you could have stopped him driving?

But for how long though?

Who knows...he didn't try did he....result is a bloke out of work and in trouble.Yes of course he shouldn't be drinking whilst driving,surely we can all agree on that one,but calling the old bill without trying to stop him is out of order in my book....

He'd already driven to woody1's. I know what you're saying but you can't hang around all day stopping someone from driving, either. Take his keys- yes- but what if he's gets funny or gets a spare set?
People have to take some responsibility for their own actions.

thats how i see it. it would be an easier world to live in if people took responsibility for their own actions. wouldnt have so many bleaters and spongers then.

woody1

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 07:11:35 pm »
I new he liked a beer or two after work but not like that

John F

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2012, 07:12:11 pm »
Op may I just ask - initially in hindsight when you took him on did he display drunken behaviour at any time, were there any warning signs that he may be like this, or was it one off behaviour?

i think the red nose and the half bottle sticking out of his trouser pocket, slurred speech and last nights kebab on his shirt front were a dead give away. ;D

Catherine10

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2012, 07:12:35 pm »
How long was he with you Woody?

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2012, 07:18:18 pm »
sounds like a real alcoholic to me.hopefully with no job,licence and money he ll seek help and sober up.the thing is i used to be just the same.been sober years now and still help drunks out who want to recover.hope he s hit rock bottom.

you did the right thing woody.

best wishes to all

dazmond(recovered alcoholic)
price higher/work harder!

davids3511

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 07:23:50 pm »
his kids can do what he wants ??? ???
Interesting concept, does it stretch to abusing them too? His kids and all that.

david watts

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 07:26:42 pm »
his kids can do what he wants ??? ???
Interesting concept, does it stretch to abusing them too? His kids and all that.
dont ask me? im a tool or an idiot maybe both ;D
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

stuart mc

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2012, 07:30:46 pm »
you are unforgiving mob, he has turned up once way over the limit. straight after new years celebrations, he has probably been on a wee bender that ended late last night, he then stupidly drove to work, and all of a sudden he is an alkie, kid abuser. he made a mistake once, I can understand him getting sacked and phoning the old bill, I would have did neither.

Jackal

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »
you are unforgiving mob, he has turned up once way over the limit. straight after new years celebrations, he has probably been on a wee bender that ended late last night, he then stupidly drove to work, and all of a sudden he is an alkie, kid abuser. he made a mistake once, I can understand him getting sacked and phoning the old bill, I would have did neither.

agree with you stu,

i bet everyone reading this topic has drove to work the morning after having a few beers nite before i no i have,to me its different if he driving home from the pub that deserves you getting caught by the old bill,

and as for him being an alco, christ he went out on bank holiday give him a break

gary999

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
Well of course i would ferking feel agrieved at someone  mowing down my family...but he never did he?
He could have possibly been stopped without getting the bloke into further trouble....yes ok if he known to be a consistant drink driver then maybe fair do's but he wouldn't have employed him if he had known that surely...all i am saying is he should have got hold of the bloke first and warned him before informing the old bill.....thats the way i would have done it....

even if you intervened on this occasion doesnt mean it hasnt happened on many occasions before and from that many times after your intervention and just because
somebody hasnt been caught as a drink driver ddoesnt mean they havent
done it on many occasions and got away with it and only luck has stopped
them killing somebody.

he did the right thing...you carry on living of the world of the playground
worrying about grassing some one up.i imagine the more reasonable
minded the rest of us will stick to the real world :)

Catherine10

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2012, 07:50:24 pm »
Thats why I was asking Woody his normal behaviour

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2012, 07:54:14 pm »

agree with you stu,

i bet everyone reading this topic has drove to work the morning after having a few beers nite before i no i have,to me its different if he driving home from the pub that deserves you getting caught by the old bill,

and as for him being an alco, christ he went out on bank holiday give him a break

Nope never driven the morning after a heavy one. We arent all as irresponsible as you seem to be.

gary999

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2012, 07:54:40 pm »

agree with you stu,

nope! i lost a family member years ago to some one who drove home
from a party drunk,apparently he hadnt done it before ::)

it only takes one stupid sensless decision to drive home drunk
on one occasion to have someone else pay the price for your
stupidity.

maybe if you have had to deal with the fall out from his decision
maybe you wouldnt be so sympathetic.

i wouldnt wish it on anybody! :(

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 07:56:40 pm »
Its no surprise to hear the mob baying for blood,revealing a lack of empathy and compassion.

The chap has been dehumanised and hung drawn and quartered by the "do gooders",some of whom will claim to be religious.

Reminds me of the devout christians that are absolutely gutted to arrive in heaven and find everybody else there.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 07:57:39 pm »
to be 4 times over the limit IN THE MORNING he must of drank a hell of a lot of alcohol!!! :( :(
price higher/work harder!

AC Window Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 07:59:04 pm »
Op did the right thing imo.
You cant have people stinking of ale at your customers houses-its unacceptable,end of.
DD 4 times over AM?? thats not somebody on a morning after,if it is hes had a couple of liveners before setting off.

Catherine10

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »
Woody can you reply how long he was with you?

david watts

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »
to be 4 times over the limit IN THE MORNING he must of drank a hell of a lot of alcohol!!! :( :(
dont know about that not had much last two years
untill last fri still the same though knew it wasnt good for me still had eight
you cant help yourself wont bother again till next xmas still blokes got to buy bread for the kids now we have to help him ;) ;) ;)

life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

Perfect Windows

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 08:03:20 pm »
he has probably been on a wee bender that ended late last night, he then stupidly drove to work

i bet everyone reading this topic has drove to work the morning after having a few beers nite before i no i have

Four times over the limit the morning after?  You really are having a laugh.

If you're drinking two pints an hour, it takes about ten or twelve pints to get to four times the limit immediately after you stop drinking.  To be that far over the limit after eight hours kip you'd be drinking about sixteen or eighteen pints.

We're not talking about someone mistakenly finding themselves just over the limit first thing in the morning here.  Four times over the limit is criminally smashed to be behind the wheel.

As an aside, I do love how the word "grass" comes up on this forum so often, as though you feel you're all a bunch of noble underworld characters protecting your honourable criminal mates.

Vin