This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Window Cleaning ... thats a ##it job !!!
« on: December 01, 2011, 06:11:53 pm »
So said some school lads this afternoon, so called them over and said oh yeah you rekon

"yeah really crap job that is"

so asked the mouthy one what his dad did for a living

"fork lift truck driver" came the reply

was sooooo tempted to show em the days sheet with the total figure on but just laughed at them instead

:D cheeky feckers !

Pope vader

Re: Window Cleaning ... thats a ##it job !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 06:25:04 pm »
it is a losers job,  i tell every one they shoudl get a proper job

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:43:03 pm »
My stepson said about 6 months ago that his dad had £100 in his pocket and he bet me i didnt have that much (he had just got back from visiting his dad for the weekend).

Told him i didnt have £100 in my pocket like his dad had... a little smirk came up on his face.

I said to him i have £645 and pulled it out of my pocket ... he was gob smacked !! had not long got back from doing alot of collections that i hadnt kept up with for a couple of weeks, was good timing though ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Steve_c

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 07:02:39 pm »
I came across this form someone who i thought was a very good friend. I started to buy hand tools and practice on my house and neighbors and the odd friend as i could see our jobs in Printing coming to an end. When i told him what i was up to, he said how can you do that S*** F***ing job? its for low life scum not skilled workers. 3 years down the line he's working in the co-op on terrible money working nights and weekends.

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 07:17:58 pm »
I had it a few months ago,2 mouthy little kids saying i couldn't have gone school to become a window cleaner,its a boring job etc.
 i just laughed and said beats working in factories or living off the dole!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

matthewprice

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 07:27:55 pm »
keep telling them how bad it is ,dont want them all starting up,let them sign on ;D ;D ;D ;D

scud

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »
  I bumped into a bloke I webt to school with last week, hadn't seen him since we left 20years ago. Conversation got round to jobs, when i told him what I do he said he could get me a job working in the local pizza factory, no interview as he was the line manager.

I asked him if he offered 1k a week for 30 hours, if not I wasn't particularly interested.

Tom White

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 07:42:05 pm »
Public perception works in our favour.  It if was a more glamorous occupation, what do you reckon would happen?

king marko

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 07:49:27 pm »
I get the impression sometimes that nearly every customer looks down on me and there was a time I felt the same way - window cleaning is for numptys with sh*t wages.
I say carry on and feel sorry for me  ;D

StockClean

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 07:50:17 pm »
So said some school lads this afternoon, so called them over and said oh yeah you rekon

"yeah really crap job that is"

so asked the mouthy one what his dad did for a living

"fork lift truck driver" came the reply

was sooooo tempted to show em the days sheet with the total figure on but just laughed at them instead

:D cheeky feckers !

I was one of those people back in 1998.  I was working in a mobile phone shop, the window cleaner came and cleaned the shop windows and collected his 3.50 from my boss.

I thought to myself id never want to do a job like that, i even joked about it to mum and dad when i got home from work ' durr im a window cleaner luv? got any change?'

They wernt that impressed to be honest, and when i look back, i think to myself you idiot.

Would never change this job for the world, get up go out come home dosh in bank.

done. no worries. no office politics, no stupid boss, free man, earn us much as you want.

steven ainger

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »
the only reason i started my window cleaning business is because a mate told me how much he earnt trad window cleaning,
i had always thought it was a job for numptys and dolers  :-[, how wrong i was  ;D

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 08:30:48 pm »
Public perception works in our favour.  It if was a more glamorous occupation, what do you reckon would happen?
i agree tosh! this is what i say to people, im glad theres a stigma against this trade... more work for me!

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 08:35:18 pm »
well i had enough and selling up after xmas. :o

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »
them hoodies were a waste of money then  :P
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

alanwilson

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 08:50:36 pm »
I worked as an Aeronautical Engineer for my sins.

Money was very good I have to admit, I was chief design engineer in my department and I was in charge of loads of other slaves like me.  Salary was close to 6 figures GBP and good holidays.  One big problem though, I worked hundreds of miles from home, I saw my wife and kids every other weekend and it put a lot of stress on our marriage.  I decided in the end that I had to choose between my job or my wife and family - I chose my family.

Handed my notice in, my "superiors" (a pack of french kn0b5) went nuts - I was offered just short of £150k a year to stay, I couldn't, I needed my family more than anything.

Came home, met a guy cleaning windows the following weekend cleaning windows of a travel agents in Edinburgh, thought that looks alright, asked him what he thought of his work - fully expecting the usual hate my job reply but got 'love it mate, all the freedom I want'.

I was so took back by his reply I thought I'd give it a go, bought a few hand tools off the net, cleaned my mums windows (for free I may add), took me an hour and to be honest it felt like 5 mins, I liked it.  Asked mum how much her window cleaner charged and she said £15 - thats ok, I can make a living from that.

Got 2 vans, 2 employees and my son working for/against me now.  Ok the money isn't just as good as what I could have been making but I've more than enough to live comfortably, I have no mortgage and never felt so good, so healthy.  My marriage is strong and I get to see the ones who matter to me every day.

You can always make more money - you just need to work smarter, its the other things in life that matter most.

Alan
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

Richard Neal

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 09:03:50 pm »
Good for you Alan.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

Jackal

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 09:21:58 pm »
its always going be the same with some window cleaner looking the way they do when working,in football shirts,rusty old bangers for a run around how can people look at them and think 'christ i bet he's doing well for himself'

i saw 2 young lads this week cleaning just noticed 1 of them in dirty trainers,white trackey bottoms i looked at them and thought scum,some just have the very basic equipment to clean,

my uncle does windows and earns the same as i do,lives in nice houses plenty of money in bank etc,but he wont buy anything new unless its un useable i saw one of his scims once and nearly fainted  ;D and he works in a blackpool football shirt and shorts most the year,customers just cant see how we earn good money its just the way at lot of cleaner come across

oh and another cleaner who comes in my street has a vauxhall corsa with nearly every panel a different colour 4 lads squashed in it and poop loads of ladder on the top crazy

Dane

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 10:40:19 pm »
i used to work for my mates dad when i left school and hated it, i dont know if i was embaressed about it? the money wasnt very good? or the fact i was worked to death haha! ended up leaving and being in and out of different jobs i hated so i thought id start working for myself.....

THE BEST DECISION EVER!!!!

im 23 got m own business, choose my own hours, earn decent money (will be better by end of next year im sure but hey ive only just started) but im proud of who i am, what i do and where my lifes going...

who cares what anyone else says at the end of the day were in a business that we know is better than what outsiders think

And good work alan

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 10:48:48 pm »
Who cares? I don't. But you are right about the perception. I talk to an old mate from school from time to time and his attitude is soooo obvious, even down the phone. He once said "well I suppose somebody has to do it"

LWC

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 11:03:33 pm »
Less people in the know the better lol