This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

Re: Window Cleaning ... thats a ##it job !!!
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2011, 04:18:18 pm »
I worked as an Aeronautical Engineer for my sins.

Money was very good I have to admit, I was chief design engineer in my department and I was in charge of loads of other slaves like me.  Salary was close to 6 figures GBP and good holidays.  One big problem though, I worked hundreds of miles from home, I saw my wife and kids every other weekend and it put a lot of stress on our marriage.  I decided in the end that I had to choose between my job or my wife and family - I chose my family.

Handed my notice in, my "superiors" (a pack of french kn0b5) went nuts - I was offered just short of £150k a year to stay, I couldn't, I needed my family more than anything.

Came home, met a guy cleaning windows the following weekend cleaning windows of a travel agents in Edinburgh, thought that looks alright, asked him what he thought of his work - fully expecting the usual hate my job reply but got 'love it mate, all the freedom I want'.

I was so took back by his reply I thought I'd give it a go, bought a few hand tools off the net, cleaned my mums windows (for free I may add), took me an hour and to be honest it felt like 5 mins, I liked it.  Asked mum how much her window cleaner charged and she said £15 - thats ok, I can make a living from that.

Got 2 vans, 2 employees and my son working for/against me now.  Ok the money isn't just as good as what I could have been making but I've more than enough to live comfortably, I have no mortgage and never felt so good, so healthy.  My marriage is strong and I get to see the ones who matter to me every day.

You can always make more money - you just need to work smarter, its the other things in life that matter most.

Alan
Top post there Alan,its great to see someone get their priorities spot on,well done mate
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Rogue Trader

Re: Window Cleaning ... thats a ##it job !!!
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2011, 10:02:00 pm »
i agree hats off to ALan , that brought a tear to me eye!!......