This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

easy clean

impact43 training
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:55:54 pm »
Has anybody been on one of these free training courses?

If so what did you think of it......is it worthwhile?

Total shine cleaning services

Re: impact43 training
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 12:11:56 am »
If you want commercial work it's worth going on-it's a lot of the dos and donts on commercial sites and it is quite enjoyable also you get to meet some really sound people on the course.

Graham

bobplum

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:40:39 am »
If you want commercial work it's worth going on-it's a lot of the dos and donts on commercial sites and it is quite enjoyable also you get to meet some really sound people on the course.

Graham

agree

combat1

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 10:31:45 pm »
Totally worthwhile, the more qualifications you can show the more professional you appear. Also it's good to keep moving forward.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 11:15:41 pm »
I'm sceptical about these courses. Admittedly I haven't been on one, but its mainly the fully funded part that bothers me. I'm assuming that this funding comes from the government? If i'm wrong i apologise for what i'm about to say. If it is government funded i think that's wrong, if you want to do it you should pay.
I've been on many safety courses, also I have a MEWP licence, FLT as well, toolbox talks, risk assessment etc (the list goes on). I've yet to attend one that when all's said and done doesn't boil down to common sense.
If the governent took a common sense approach to training and safety it would save this country many millions.
If anyone on here either doesn't know or can't work out for themselves how to place a ladder or examine it for defects they really should be looking at doing something else before they get seriously hurt or even worse.

Rant over ;D

Best Wishes

Tom Kelly

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 11:37:50 am »
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback, it's always nice to see!

For anyone who is sceptical about the course, or would like a place, we have opened up a new date in London.

It's on the 28th November, but we do only have 5 spaces left!

Let me know if you want one, or ring Gary in the office on 01205 364333 :)

Cheers,

Tom

Darranvps

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »
Hi Guys,

For anyone who is sceptical about the course, or would like a place, we have opened up a new date in London.

Cheers,

Tom

Just recommended you to Andy at Lodge Environmental - he will contact you soon  ;D

Dave.

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 06:23:51 pm »
Tom,

Have you any further dates planned for the West country?   Exeter, Plymouth or Truro would be good

Dave

Inside Out

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 08:37:36 pm »
i have been on one of these courses. it was the best thing i have ever done. DG - driving a car requires common sense, but you need a drivers licence....anyway.

i won an award for best newcomer for 2011 candidates, which appeared in the local, and then regional papers gaining me an incredible amount of both domestic and commercial work.

as said already, you meet some good guys, and as someone new to window cleaning (4 years only), i was surprised at just how many tips/tricks i picked up. the chaps that run the corses are very knowledgable, and take the time to answer all your queries. regardless of what i have read on here in the past. the chaps at impact 43 will bend backwards to help you both in and outside of the class rooms that they use.

i would recommend to anybody.

MWC

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 11:47:00 pm »
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Tom

Do you offer any courses in N.Ireland?

Taylor & Taylor WC Services

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 07:22:39 am »
We're on the QCF at the minute and would recommend. Whether it's common sense or not Certificates speak volumes.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 08:49:11 am »
Inside Out, I'm not doubting the guys who run the courses aren't good. I just don't think government money should be spent on this type of course. As for needing a driving license, of course that's needed its harder to drive a car than clean a window by anyone's standards and failure can be catastrophic for yourself and others. I'm not against learning but you could have picked these tips up by going out with another WC for a few hours instead of spending weeks on a course.

Tom Kelly

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 09:21:14 am »
Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Tom

Do you offer any courses in N.Ireland?

Hi MWC,

I'm afraid our funding only covers England at the moment.

But I will put you down on the system, just in case anything changes :)

Tom Kelly

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2011, 09:23:47 am »
Tom,

Have you any further dates planned for the West country?   Exeter, Plymouth or Truro would be good

Dave

Hi Dave,

We have just finished filling all of our 14 courses!

We did have dates in Bristol, but they filled ridiculously fast as we don't really get down there often!

As with MWC, I will put you on the system for when we get some more funding (hopefully).

:)

MWC

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2011, 09:56:31 am »
Thanks Tom,

I know Archer Window Cleaning (Family) has attended your courses and i've now moved over here.

Darren @ MWC

david willis

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2011, 10:35:41 am »
Inside Out, I'm not doubting the guys who run the courses aren't good. I just don't think government money should be spent on this type of course. As for needing a driving license, of course that's needed its harder to drive a car than clean a window by anyone's standards and failure can be catastrophic for yourself and others. I'm not against learning but you could have picked these tips up by going out with another WC for a few hours instead of spending weeks on a course.

Hi Guys,

Really appreciate all of your comments....thank you!

DG Cleaning
I cannot argue with your point about how our country spends its money as what you have said is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I think the point Inside Out is making is that you could go out with a local window cleaner who has been cleaning for 20 years + and although you would hugely benefit from this, you may pick up some very bad/potentially dangerous working practices.

The same if you was learning to drive and went out with your mum/dad, you would not have the key 'bad habit' points picked out by them, where as a professional driving instructor would pick these out and correct you in preparation for your driving test.

DG Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2011, 11:09:07 am »
Hi David, I don't doubt you're doing a decent job but rightly or wrongly I regard window cleaning as a fairly simple job. I can't use learning to drive as a valid comparison as its more difficult. To echo my original point if a window cleaner can't work out what is a potentially dangerous practice for themselves then they should be doing something else. I assume who teach based on your experience? What's to say the WC with 20 years experience isn't working safer than you?

combat1

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »
working at heights these days of over 60ft is not just common sense, window cleaning has changed and we need to change with it, and we do that by being professionally trained.
The regulations alone justify gaining the training, along with all the other requirements, risk assessments, method statements etc.
You need to be trained to use equipment at height, how would we feel if the pole came down and killed someone, personally I will do all that I can to make sure that dosent happen.
Training providers such as the one we are discussing make it a lot easier for us to gain the correct knowledge that we require.
Who cares who pays if it makes us a safer industry and saves lives?

Tom Kelly

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 01:58:26 pm »
working at heights these days of over 60ft is not just common sense, window cleaning has changed and we need to change with it, and we do that by being professionally trained.
The regulations alone justify gaining the training, along with all the other requirements, risk assessments, method statements etc.
You need to be trained to use equipment at height, how would we feel if the pole came down and killed someone, personally I will do all that I can to make sure that dosent happen.
Training providers such as the one we are discussing make it a lot easier for us to gain the correct knowledge that we require.
Who cares who pays if it makes us a safer industry and saves lives?

Very well put!

May have to use that as a quote on the site! :)

DG Cleaning

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 02:34:41 pm »
Well I care because its taxpayers that have to fork out for it. When was the last person to get killed by wfp exactly? All i'm advocating is a common sense approach to life in general i'm sure as a society we would all benefit. It's seems we live in an era of what could almost be described as H&S fascism. If anyone dare to advocate a more common sense approach they are labeled as being against "H&S". I'm all for it in the right place at the right time. I guess the training is there because we all have to abide by regulations that for the most part the majority of us know deep down are nonsense. It's a merry go round that we're all in unfortunately, meanwhile due to lack of funding people are dying prematurely in our hospitals our armed forces are suffering because they can't always get the kit they need to to stay alive. That's why I care, You want to undertake training to be a wc or start up a training company for the same then do it on your own dime.