This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Customers trying it on .
« on: July 12, 2011, 09:06:40 am »
I have take on quite a lot of new customers lately on a 8 week inter will. I as a promotion to get business forwent my first clean forwent my 150 % first clean and charged my 8 weekly fee.I do use a special additive to my pure so the glass really delivers out suburb results.The have just gone back for the second clean and a few said it still looks clean could they cancel till next month which really me mad. The first one I tried to explain.I had down a good job and that is why they still look clean  and that I was loosing because I that done a great job.
  I told her I would cancel altogether if they wanted to reduce visits as I do not do business with people who do not stick to what we agreed.  And if they reinstated the service the first clean would then be double.
Out of four customers who tried this 3 decided to remain as they agreed to in the first place. I must add all the agreement were made with the husband and the wives tried to cancel which I told them to discuss with there husbands/ partner and call me in 2 two days or I will cancel of business. I think been full of crap has  worked for me.

Tom White

Re: Customers trying it on .
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:40:37 pm »
When you first start up from scratch, it's been many people's experience (including my own) that you tend to pick up a lot of 'bad customers'; the sort that've been dumped by other window cleaners.

That's just a fact you've got to live with.

I also think it's a mistake giving a percentage discount for first cleans; this will just attract the 'bad customers'.  You should - if anything - charge more for a first clean.  If I'm approached for a quote by someone whom I suspect is going to be a 'bad customer', I'll charge an initial cleaning charge on top of what I would normally charge.

But as time goes on, you'll lose/drop the 'bad customers' and end up with a hardcore of good customers.  I honestly have very few problems with my 'mob' these days.

Tom White

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 12:41:51 pm »
Oh, and what's this 'special additive' to your pure water?  First I've heard of anything like this.

Neil Gornall

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 01:06:09 pm »
Oh, and what's this 'special additive' to your pure water?  First I've heard of anything like this.
I can guess what the addative is.
Urea.

Its free, readily available and can easily be added. (providing you have room in your van)

Pope vader

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 01:10:30 pm »
u r your worst enemy  special additive, u want the windows to be dirty so that they want them cleaned,  if you grass hasnt grown would you still spend the time cutting it  no,  so why would you want windows cleaned that where clean

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 01:49:59 pm »

Urea.

Eh?  Sweat is urea!  Urea is a bodily waste product that hasn't yet been filtered via the kidneys; after it's filtered it's called urine; if I remember my human biology correctly.

How does he get urea into the tank?

Helen

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 03:54:14 pm »
What I don't understand is why add anything to purified water ??? It cleans to a high standard and that is the whole point of it :)
So Wizkid is the "additive" just part of your spiel? ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 04:01:09 pm »
Maybe he means IPA.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »
u r your worst enemy  special additive, u want the windows to be dirty so that they want them cleaned

Yes, why on earth would anyone in business try to give customers what the customer wants rather than what the business wants?

Vin

H S and Son

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 04:54:29 pm »
What I don't understand is why add anything to purified water ??? It cleans to a high standard and that is the whole point of it :)

I wouldnt call it speil, more like bullsh!t.  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 04:59:51 pm »
u r your worst enemy  special additive, u want the windows to be dirty so that they want them cleaned

Yes, why on earth would anyone in business try to give customers what the customer wants rather than what the business wants?

Vin

Because with some types of businewss, if you focus too much on what the customer needs rather than what the business needs, eventually the business ceases to exist.

Helen

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 05:26:45 pm »

I was being polite. :P

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 05:33:35 pm »
yesterday ,a  wide-boy chancer (that id previously dropped ) approached me-

"Hello lads ,how you doing, my gran needs a windie, can you go look at her place but you must tell me the price and LIAiSE with me only, as she is very deaf and if you approach her from behind she will turn and punch you ,you will go down i promise you ....shes done it before and she will do it again"

YEAH RIGHT  

H S and Son

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 05:46:22 pm »

I was being polite. :P

Thats not like you ;0)

Ive got a full house (carpet clean) you two would be interested in. Sherfield Park. Its an end of tenancy clean, a close friend of mine if you're interested.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 05:49:54 pm »
For the mate who thought a give a discount is a no ! Mate it the way I structure my prices. For those who think its a spiel or bull think again and do some home work there some chaps with brains on here.
The focus of this story is IF YOU STAND YOUR GROUND THEY WILL NOT MESS YOU AROUND. One thing in business I am not is a not a very nice person and a bulpoopter. ;D ;D ;D

H S and Son

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 05:53:24 pm »
Oh really? I saw you curling one off in the hedgerow along Hatch Warren Way earlier today.

Helen

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 06:16:05 pm »
Oh really? I saw you curling one off in the hedgerow along Hatch Warren Way earlier today.

Matthew.....that's very rude.... ;D ;D ;D

you have mail

H S and Son

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 06:29:28 pm »
Replied.

G Griffin

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 06:33:42 pm »
One thing in business I am not is a not a very nice person and a bulpoopter. ;D ;D ;D

That`s two things; so, obviously you are the second one  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »
Matt- do you not have something to do ,like playing on the M3.