This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

David lyddon

domestic wfp
« on: January 21, 2011, 02:27:25 pm »
is it worth going wfp with about 90% dom work.       dont you need ladders to get over all locked gates,is constantly having to move van around street a pain.any input would be brill THANX

tradclean

Re: domestic wfp
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »
keep hold of ur money m8 & stay as u are  ;) if it aint broke, dont try & fix it.  ;D

tom2009

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 02:38:56 pm »
mines about 90% domestic and I use a back pack, much easier even if getting over the odd locked gate can be tricky. Getting sick of lugging 25lt barrels around though  :P

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 02:39:55 pm »
you get used to it ,hose gets stuck but i much prefer it then those dangerous ladders

formb

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 02:51:53 pm »
I'm 90% domestic.

Won't catch me up a ladder.

tradclean

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 03:00:24 pm »
I'm 90% domestic.

Won't catch me up a ladder.
thats cause ur always on here m8  ;D

yer yer i am 2  :P lol

andy1975

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 04:53:26 pm »
is it worth going wfp with about 90% dom work.       dont you need ladders to get over all locked gates,is constantly having to move van around street a pain.any input would be brill THANX
im completly domestic,since moing off ladders i got rid of worker as i can make more money.when i did ladders on my own i can double my earnings easily.wfp is the best,go for it mate

Newannaive

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 06:11:34 pm »
ditch the ladders, get trolley and backpack  ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 07:03:18 pm »
im 90% domestic and its really the way to go mate!

it does a much better job in general than trad

you can now clean those awkward windows and frames!

its much safer than climbing ladders!

its easier on the body than all them ladder climbs!

you can take on bigger properties plus add on jobs like conny roof/fascia cleaning

20%-40% more work can be completed than traditional only.

i use a 50L TROLLEY SYSTEM which suits me in the main as ive a lot of compact work with parking issues.i use 40m of extension hose and it works very well for me.

no need to stay trad!im not knocking it as i was for 16 years!then i seen some sense and bought a system!id never go back!WFP IS JUST SO MUCH BETTER!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

andy1975

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »
all my work is domestic and we only use wfp, dont bother with trolleys and back pack just get a van mount and be done with it! i started with a trolley and then got a van mount, believe me youll get p155ed off with lifting in and out, filling containers.........its false economy, the time youll save and the more work youll do will pay for a new van each month, i know ive been there and dont it  ;)
i totally agree,i cant believe how many people use backpacks and trolleys,waste of time and energy

Newannaive

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 10:26:48 pm »
yes reeling in 100m hose all day! thats the way to go!  :-\

Mike #1

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 07:58:55 am »
 nothing wrong with trolleys, used a trolley for almost 3 yrs dont have any any probs at all with my poxy trolley as you put it easy clean its fairly straight forward,  you just learn were to park and as you said work back over,  i work on my own so i find it much eaiser than 100 mtrs of hose out the back of a van

andy1975

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 09:57:59 am »
what about all the hassle the night before,say your trolley holds 50 litres,you need to transfer water into maybe 10 or more 25 litres barrels and yhen carry them in your van,and then after youve cleaned a couple of houses need to to change your water.by that time ive done a load of houses with my 100METRE HOSE.

Rogue Trader

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:47 am »
Ditto easy clean and Andy1975 (good year by the way) WFP van mount all the way - using a trolley is almost as mad as climbing up and down ladders all day - well maybe not - however dont do things by half if your gonna go wfp do it properly geta van mounted system in a decent sized van and you will never look back trust me ;)

Lee GLS

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 10:22:59 am »
yes reeling in 100m hose all day! thats the way to go!  :-\

Not if you have a drill to do it for you, takes no time at all, no are ache, and no humping trolleys and 25L containers all day  ;)

Bryan_Dolby

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 10:30:35 am »
Hi 
The only problem with using van mount to do all types of WFP is that it is said just pull out 100 meters and work backwards, if you have done your risk assessment it would be HIGH RISK  as a slips and trips accident would be high (even with signs out)
The highways act and possible road traffic act could come into this (I have seen hoses crossing the road)
You could eliminate the problem and use a back pack or trolley
I can only say if you have an insurance claim, you would be done
Whilst working you have to look at all the problems not just it is easier to use a van mount than trolleys and back packs
Safety must come first

Bryan
Bryan Dolby
( Member F.W.C.)
My opinons are my own and nothing to do with the federation of window cleaners

james44

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:17 pm »
Hi 
The only problem with using van mount to do all types of WFP is that it is said just pull out 100 meters and work backwards, if you have done your risk assessment it would be HIGH RISK  as a slips and trips accident would be high (even with signs out)
The highways act and possible road traffic act could come into this (I have seen hoses crossing the road)
You could eliminate the problem and use a back pack or trolley
I can only say if you have an insurance claim, you would be done
Whilst working you have to look at all the problems not just it is easier to use a van mount than trolleys and back packs
Safety must come first

Bryan

Well said but not many will listen!

Jackal

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 04:12:34 pm »
when i eventually go wfp i was thinking just getting a purefreedom trolly and 50m of hose with it and using it as van mount and on compact work take it out of van and wheel it round with me,and proberly get a back pack aswell,

is a van mount a pain on compact work as you need to keep moving van every time you've done a couple of houses?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 04:32:21 pm »
jackal rednik selling a descent backpack
in buy n sell section  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Mike55

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 04:48:40 pm »
I have both a van mounted tank and a pure freedom trolley and find that both have their merits depending on the job.

Like many I started with a trolley and then added a van mounted system. The trolley defo comes in handy though for certain jobs.