This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: domestic wfp
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 04:58:04 pm »
buy a trolley mate to start you off.you can always buy a tank to go with it at a later date!

what gets me about some of the numpties on here they have nt a clue what sort of rounds we have!!ive got 4 different rounds!the 150 very compact estate work would be a nightmare with 100m of hose as there is a lot of parking issues with almost 2 cars per household.the trolley is the better and safer option.

on stand alone properties i use it as a mini-van mount.yes it can be a pain to change barrels but you get used to it!i have the 50L TROLLEY so it lasts me for about an hour before needing changing.a lot of the time i take the trolley out in the morning and put it back in when ive finished around 430pm.

it takes around 50 mins in the evening to fill 300-350L di only into the barrels.also i bring the trolley in every night to charge so it gets protected from frost so no need for van heaters!

i probably will get a van mount in time but ill always need my trolley as well!dont see the point in backpacks really as the capacity is too small!filling up after every house!!now that would be a waste of time!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Jackal

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 05:18:06 pm »
daz,iv got a couple of streets where i have to climb over garage roofs to gain access to the rear of the house,would using a trolly on them be ok or backpack be easier

Newannaive

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 06:37:01 pm »
Knew it wouldn't take long! What do you do then newie? Carry it on your back all day, waste time filling up containers or do you enjoy lifting them in and out all day? Ask yourself why would you be winding up 100 metres of hose......do you think we just pull it out for a laugh? If you had 100 metres out that would be cos you've just done a load of houses with it, is normal people park the van pull it out to the furthest point and then work back towards the van! Maybe you enjoy walking along pulling a poxy trolley all day! You'll learn one day, eventually!
haha...attack the newb!!(been at it 6yr  ::) ) most on here seem to prefer trolley,you'll learn one day, eventually!

s.w.c

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2011, 09:07:55 pm »
freedom trolley would be the best start for you,

John Walker

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2011, 09:33:08 pm »
Another alternative.

Backpack / trolley.

Tank in van with transfer pump to top up backpack/trolley. 

No lugging 25 ltr containers.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Richard Neal

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:58 pm »
daz,iv got a couple of streets where i have to climb over garage roofs to gain access to the rear of the house,would using a trolly on them be ok or backpack be easier

I would use trolley and a hose for that sort of job then youre just taking the hose and pole over with you.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

andy1975

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 10:30:56 pm »
i had a few jobs like that,just got rid of them as not being practical.they can be easily replaced with comfortable jobs and let someone else have the hassle

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 12:35:10 am »
yeeehaaa

it used to be TRAD vs WFP

now its

WFP
van vs trolley

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 09:59:37 am »
Knew it wouldn't take long! What do you do then newie? Carry it on your back all day, waste time filling up containers or do you enjoy lifting them in and out all day? Ask yourself why would you be winding up 100 metres of hose......do you think we just pull it out for a laugh? If you had 100 metres out that would be cos you've just done a load of houses with it, is normal people park the van pull it out to the furthest point and then work back towards the van! Maybe you enjoy walking along pulling a poxy trolley all day! You'll learn one day, eventually!
haha...attack the newb!!(been at it 6yr  ::) ) most on here seem to prefer trolley,you'll learn one day, eventually!
not being funny mate but you are clueless.if you have a decent round sometimes the hose gets reeled out once a day. plus how long do you think it takes to reel in . it takes me a minute to reel in, and thats if its 100metres. you carry on dragging a trolley behind you ;)

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 10:08:19 am »
i go over a couple of garages

I would use trolley and a hose for that sort of job then youre just taking the hose and pole over with you.
??? i go over a couple of garages carry the pole up and the hose follows , why would atrolley be better than van mount . cant see the difference on these jobs

Rogue Trader

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2011, 10:42:44 am »
What is true is that most people COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD and others like it use trolleys most w/cers that do wfp properly (Domestic or commercial) use a van mounted system. The majority i think you will find on here. The majority do not comment on a thread like this cos they are all too long in the tooth for a CIU tit for tat session - im not sure why i got involved to tell you the truth, i spose because i want to offer some real help/guidance to the fella that started the thread.

And the trolley users that keep quoting health and safety and risk assessments makes me laugh , how much risk do you think that there is in lugging around umpteen 25 liter barrel of pure everyday day in and day out PULLEASSE!!! ::) ::)

Newannaive

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:43 am »
not being funny mate but you are clueless.if you have a decent round sometimes the hose gets reeled out once a day. plus how long do you think it takes to reel in . it takes me a minute to reel in, and thats if its 100metres. you carry on dragging a trolley behind you ;)
not clueless i'm afraid seen as i have a van mount and prefer trolley because 100m hose everywhere is such a bind!  ;)
only good point about the mount is the constant hot water supply..  ;D ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2011, 11:09:56 am »
What is true is that most people COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD and others like it use trolleys most w/cers that do wfp properly (Domestic or commercial) use a van mounted system. The majority i think you will find on here. The majority do not comment on a thread like this cos they are all too long in the tooth for a CIU tit for tat session - im not sure why i got involved to tell you the truth, i spose because i want to offer some real help/guidance to the fella that started the thread.

And the trolley users that keep quoting health and safety and risk assessments makes me laugh , how much risk do you think that there is in lugging around umpteen 25 liter barrel of pure everyday day in and day out PULLEASSE!!! ::) ::)

I do regret buying a trolley myself.  I started with van mount, trolley, and backpack.  The trolley is long broken and hasn't seen the light of day for years.  I reckon a backpack is fine though for the odd bit that's hard to get to with a van mount.  The backpack comes in handy quite a bit - especially for the odd house where there are parking issues.

David lyddon

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 03:57:25 pm »
Hi 
The only problem with using van mount to do all types of WFP is that it is said just pull out 100 meters and work backwards, if you have done your risk assessment it would be HIGH RISK  as a slips and trips accident would be high (even with signs out)
The highways act and possible road traffic act could come into this (I have seen hoses crossing the road)
You could eliminate the problem and use a back pack or trolley
I can only say if you have an insurance claim, you would be done
Whilst working you have to look at all the problems not just it is easier to use a van mount than trolleys and back packs
Safety must come first

Bryan

Well said but not many will listen!

David lyddon

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 04:01:00 pm »
Hi 
The only problem with using van mount to do all types of WFP is that it is said just pull out 100 meters and work backwards, if you have done your risk assessment it would be HIGH RISK  as a slips and trips accident would be high (even with signs out)
The highways act and possible road traffic act could come into this (I have seen hoses crossing the road)
You could eliminate the problem and use a back pack or trolley
I can only say if you have an insurance claim, you would be done
Whilst working you have to look at all the problems not just it is easier to use a van mount than trolleys and back packs
Safety must come first

Bryan

Well said but not many will listen!

David lyddon

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2011, 04:13:02 pm »
cheers all, great advice,didnt want to start trad v wfp war,but think wfp is way to go.all that ladder work.dont have the energy to sort the wife out at night(last night in jan this year)

cat9921

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2011, 04:33:07 pm »
HI David

I have been Using  WFP for 6 years now and would definitely say that its good for domestic.... however this trad Vs wfp is somthing I dont under stand No one is saying you have to use one or the other you can use both and I thinks thats the best way....

As for people saying that van is best all trolly is best thats down to the individual .... I found that van was best for me but some think trolly or backpack ?

Hope that helps

Mike #1

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 04:52:05 pm »
matt 3 what do you mean by proper wfp using van mount i have been a window cleaner for almost 14yrs now wfp for almost 3 years i have a good business along with some large commercial including well known supermarkets , what ultimately matters is the service provided not the methods used , the bonus of using a trolley for me is with the the past bad weather i can take everything in house to avoid freezing . and because i drive a large 4wd i can get out and do my work without worrying about the snow and ice , only lost 3 days work due to cold weather

johnny_h

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 05:34:29 pm »
get a van with a tank in it get a freedom trolly and barrels best of both worlds picked up a job saturday his window cleaner cant reach above the conservatory , both systems have their place but wfp is going to be the future dont get left behind
AUDI VIDE TACE

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:29 pm »
not clueless i'm afraid seen as i have a van mount and prefer trolley because 100m hose everywhere is such a bind!  ;)
only good point about the mount is the constant hot water supply..  ;D ;D
if you cant handle 100 metres of hose your defo clueless ;)