This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

doleys
« on: November 07, 2010, 09:57:42 pm »
so whos going to get free labour of the long term unemployed?  as got a feeling they will be more hassle than they are worth

Dougaldum

Re: doleys
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »
too true my mate  ;D

Klean07

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 10:44:34 pm »
I can think of few lazy layabouts who spend their time in our local betting shop that need to get on the scheme. Never done a days work in their lives.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 10:45:55 pm »
i had a bloke the other day ask me if i had any work as it is xmas,   he is on the sick with a bad shoulder and arm and has been for years

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 10:57:46 pm »
I say keep them on the dole, people who don't want to work can do a business more harm than good

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 11:00:44 pm »
I say keep them on the dole, people who don't want to work can do a business more harm than good

true, but i got a feeling we will all be getting phone calls to take people on,  they sort of do the same thing now

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 11:08:49 pm »
I had a guy phone me for a job, invited him for a job, as soon as he arrived I knew I couldn't let him loose on my custards, he could of lost me half of my business straight away, without stereotyping anyone he had jailbird wrote all over him then when he opened his mouth f this f that.

No chance

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 11:10:20 pm »
I had a guy phone me for a job, invited him for a job, as soon as he arrived I knew I couldn't let him loose on my custards, he could of lost me half of my business straight away, without stereotyping anyone he had jailbird wrote all over him then when he opened his mouth f this f that.

No chance

sorry about i had tourettes ;D

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 11:10:49 pm »
ive 2 sons on the dole , they want to work but not in window cleaning .
they both do volantry work 1 in victim support as he wants to join the police , the other in IT  if theres no jobs for them they cant be forced to work if they were then it would be disaster .
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 11:14:11 pm »
ds,  that is what i am saying,  people will be getting phone calls will u take a doley for 4 weeks work and then a other one for 4 weeks, it will be free labour,  some wc will sack people to take on the free labour

tws

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2010, 12:03:06 am »
everyone knows its just a con get the jobless figure's down they wont create any real jobs for people and will stop there benefits for any reason,complete joke as is this liberal/conservative government  i,ll give um 6 months the way they,r going anyway dont get me started on this lot  ???

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2010, 07:11:13 am »
I'm all in favour of making some of these people sweep the streets for 8 hours a day in return for their money. It will show a lot of them up for what they really are.

Absolutely what they need. Most couldn't do it. Sends them a message loud and clear though.

cozy

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2010, 07:23:11 am »
Smoke & mirrors." If you don't work, no money", yeah right. It wont get past the first vote and even if it did it would be watered down to "You can refuse any job as long as you promise to take a job next year" blah blah blah.

The UK Govt needs to stop poking stuff with a stick and pass the laws that make sense and that are already working in other countries. ::)

DaveG

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2010, 07:31:13 am »
I thought I heard an MP on the telly the other day about this scheme to get long term unemplyed working? If they dont take the job/voluntary work, or whatever it is, they lose 3 months benefits.

My son went to college for 2 years and studied sports, with a view to going on to be a personnal trainer, but cant find a placement. So he has got a job working afternoons/evenings as a kitchen porter.

You can't polish a turd

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44:34 am »
one way to battle working.

1/ bad back
2/Head problems
3 Relation problems
3/Anxiety
4/Stress
5/Sads

easily stay off work for life with any of the above

bobby p

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 08:04:21 am »
i agree the hard- core shirkers  need to be weedled out for attention. probably millions of these -easy to spot from a mile away,  lets hope the govt follow through with their plan

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 08:12:06 am »
they both do volantry work 1 in victim support as he wants to join the police , the other in IT  if theres no jobs for them they cant be forced to work if they were then it would be disaster .

Hi ds
in this day an age we are forced to take what's available. The last job I saw myself doing was window cleaning. I started w/c as I was desperate for work, bills and mortgage to pay and at 52 nobody wanted me. We bought a small round that came up for sale. My personal experience is that beggars can't be choosers.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

ant french

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 08:15:05 am »
one way to battle working.

1/ bad back
2/Head problems
3 Relation problems
3/Anxiety
4/Stress
5/Sads

easily stay off work for life with any of the above

back problem is the most common the dr toldme, i suffer with bk problems and you cant go on sick with them. yet theres a bloke near me who claims to have hip problems who is on sick getting 300 a week and he rides a bl**dy push bike. the system is wrong!

mark mann

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 08:21:54 am »
my concern is that they make end up taking would be jobs from some people who were genuinely wanting a job. ive been on dole myself and the longer your on it the harder is it is to get a job - your self belief and confidence shrinks.

but if they have unemployed doing jobs to ensure thier benefit thier are always employers who will take advantage of this and may have been offering these jobs to folk who really want and need work.

we all know the diff between folk who are unemployed and are the scrounger type but also thier are genuine folk unemployed trying to find work i just hope the right people get the support.
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

Londoner

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 09:06:35 am »

Hi ds
in this day an age we are forced to take what's available. The last job I saw myself doing was window cleaning. I started w/c as I was desperate for work, bills and mortgage to pay and at 52 nobody wanted me. We bought a small round that came up for sale. My personal experience is that beggars can't be choosers.
Spruce

I don't think any of us told the careers teacher at school we wanted to be a window cleaner!