This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david watts

Re: doleys
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 10:15:56 am »
one way to battle working.

1/ bad back
2/Head problems
3 Relation problems
3/Anxiety
4/Stress
5/Sads

easily stay off work for life with any of the above
you taking the p i have all those and still work ;D
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 10:26:45 am »
one way to battle working.

1/ bad back
2/Head problems
3 Relation problems
3/Anxiety
4/Stress
5/Sads

easily stay off work for life with any of the above

Head problems? 
What`s that?  ;D A bit vague isn`t it?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 11:08:46 am »
Head problems = walking around tesco in your pyjamas, hugging a teddy Bear, shouting at shoppers as they pass you

ant french

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 11:26:08 am »
i do know if u are on anti depressants you can be put on sick, when i got put on them the dr said you working do you want me to sign you on sick, i said what for and he said depression is mental illness and i said so my back isnt an illness and he said no coz bk problem is the most common problem in the uk. ::)

rycalshaw

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 11:32:07 am »
i think they should be made to help the council ie cutting oap,s grass,churchyards,litter etc,though i have nothing against the unemployed persay,some have been on the dole for 10yrs or more and they obviously have no intention of working,they probly had upwards of 60-70 grand in benefits without putting a penny in the pot.worst thing is they will probably have the cheek to be up in arms about it... ;D

Londoner

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 11:47:33 am »
85% of the men of Bangladeshi birth living in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets are unemployed apparantly.(allegedly!)
 Most of them quite frankly would be unemployable. Poor education, illiterate, poor english.

What jobs are they going to force them into? Its never going to happen.

They might pick off a few Chavs to make an example of them but it will be a token thing.

ian1972

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 12:26:45 pm »
I think they should stop giving out dole jobseekers or whatever it's called out to anyone that's never worked kids leaving schools should get nothing till they put something back into the country,same with forigners get nothing till you put something in,

dai

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 04:15:12 pm »
My lad lost his job 2 months back, 24 years with the same company working in the fishing industry. They sold the ship, no job, no redundancy package as he was classed as self employed.
What the hell does he know only fishing and ships? He's sent hi Cv out to every marine company. a couple of his crew mates have been promised work on a north sea oil standby vessel, but he's had no luck at all.
In spite of my advice he refuses to sign on.
I gave him a couple of days work last week and he did really well.
It looks like I have to start building my round again after letting it shrink over the last few years.
I know there are some lazy sods who just don't want to work, there's a hell of a lot of genuine people looking for work too.
Back in the eighty's I worked as a supervisor for the community task force. I had twenty people working on community projects, doing half a weeks work each a week. They were paid the average rate for the job at the time. On the completion of the scheme they all went on to find full time employment.
Take them off the dole yes, but give them a job that they get paid for, Make getting up in the morning a part of their lives again, and let them develop some self esteem.

elite mike

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 06:05:34 pm »
good post dai

my next door neighbour until june was the personell manager for rank Xerox

he had been with them since he was a boy, he told me he had been applying for jobs

all over the country

the thing is with all his contacts and business  acumen, you would have thought he would have

been snapped up, just surprises me, he is 48 by the way

weetot

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 06:23:51 pm »
I've been signing on for 27 years, i hoppe they don't ask me to pick litter up as I don't have time. ;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

Johnny B

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2010, 10:24:11 pm »
There will always be those who are unemployed, some of whom want to work, and others who don't.

It is really hard for those who had jobs and who have lost them through no fault of their own.

It happened to me in 1996. I was working for a building services company in the City of London as a van driver/labourer, helping out electricians and controls guys. The company folded, and as I was classed as self employed, no redundancy was due. I lost my house at the same time, and my wife was expecting our 2nd child.

I started to sign on and applied for every job I felt I could do. I remember one interview.
When I turned up, I was told that they wanted a school leaver. I was 34 at the time! No qualifications or previous experience were necessary, and I was prepared to travel. They made every excuse not to give me the job. The wages were very low, but I didn't care. I just wanted to work.

I was claiming job seekers for 3 months and it was the most degrading experience I have had. I felt like I was the dregs, even though I really wanted to work. I was rescued from this by a friend who was a window cleaner at the time. He gave me a chance, trained me up and got me on my way to where I am today.

There must be thousands of people out there who genuinely want to work, but have no prospects of doing so, unless they set up in business for themselves. For that, all you newbies have my best wishes for success.

John.   
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2010, 10:30:46 pm »
there are people out there who want to work but we live in a country where u can be better off not working than working

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 10:34:29 pm »
85% of the men of Bangladeshi birth living in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets are unemployed apparantly.(allegedly!)
 Most of them quite frankly would be unemployable. Poor education, illiterate, poor english.
What jobs are they going to force them into? Its never going to happen.

They might pick off a few Chavs to make an example of them but it will be a token thing.

You got a source for that Vince?

I read an article in the London Evening Standard from September of this year that there has been a huge improvement in the Tower Hamlets Bangladeshi education/prospects/ living standards between 1995 and now. In fact according to the article it seems that the ones with educational difficulties are the grandchildren of the Cockney dockworkers.

I think your assertion might be based (if on anything) on old data.
It's a game of three halves!

Londoner

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2010, 11:18:05 am »
As far as I am aware its from the government's own statistics and comes from when George Galloway tried to start the respect party in Tower Hamlets by cynically harnessing himself to their voting power.

I do know these areas quite well and it really is a dumping ground. I don't criticise the people for coming, you would too if you were in their position. I blame the politicians who knew they were storing up problems for years to come but looked the other way because they knew that once the people were here and totally dependent on benefits they would be safe labour voters for years to come.

I haven't seen any great improvement in their situation or prospects but actually they are not worried about that. They appear to like things the way they are, living within their own community they are happy.
Its only external agitators like George Galloway and numerous so called do gooders that keep trying to exploit them for their own ends.

ant french

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 11:28:18 am »
this year i have gone to 22 interviews and i never got one bloody job, a job that even a trained monkey could do.  ;D  i thought screw you and ya 5.50 a hr. i got sick of ppl calling me a dosser and i was actually trying i was up at 7 in the morning getting my daughter dressed and after dropping her off at school i would go to agencies u name it and it was the same crap, no work about. yet in there windows they had adverts for work. nothing came from it soi sat bk and thought of how to get an income, i even fixed pcs which was good but didnt get much work from that. now im doing WC. i got neighbours who dont get there arse outta bed till 3pm and all night long sit in there window or garden smoking dope claiming sick money.  i didnt realise sticky matress syndrome was an illness.  ;D ;D ;D

Londoner

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 11:38:30 am »
Yes but you did something about it and thats the difference. Feel proud of yourself.

I'm sure Dai's son will do the same.

ant french

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:48 pm »
time for my rant hope it dont offend ppl  :-X

i dont feel proud till i got work and im adding to the system,  i will feel proud if i build a good business though. dont it make you sick though how ppl lay in bed all day and do jack poope? they never get letters saying go to job centre and do this and that, yet i tried for ages and i always got a lecture off the bloody job centre. i would go in to the place and there would be druggies and p heads who say there to sick to work. we didnt hold the needle to there arm or the bottle of bud.  ::)

chopsie

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2010, 12:53:53 pm »
A few weeks after taking redundancy I decided to go and see if I could claim dole (as I had never claimed a penny before and been working since 16). Bear in mind I was at the time just semi considering/starting window cleaning. While I was there I saw a days work on their computers, At bambardier testing a tube train they were building. I applied for the job, got it (only a days work). There were around 80 of us, all we had to do was walk on and walk off this tube carriage while they monitered the movement of the carriage. We probably did this 6 0r 7 times, We were finished for just after 2pm, Easiest £70 I have ever earned. But that one day job seriously screwed up my dole claim, The amount of forms I had to fill in, and the paperwork etc i had to provide because of it made it hardly worth while. I can see why people on the dole do not bother, Its hardly worth it. Eventually after a couple or 3 weeks after going in and 'proving' to them I was looking for work(what a joke that is  ::) ) They paid me £54 and a few pence, They deducted me cos I got the days mixed up when I was supposed to go and sign on, I had a set day, wednesday i think, But that set day did not kick in for first 2 weeks So it meant I had to go in on Tuesday or something. This being new to me I had it in my head wed was my set day, noticed on Tuesday I should of been there half an hour ago I rang them, Got an appointment the next day, Had to fill a form out saying why i was late so I could try and get money back, I said "What a joke, as if they are going to give me money back for forgetting!!". They said i had to fill it in any way, made me sit around for 45mins to get an answer, and guess what, they declined my excuse!! By this time i was fuming, So told them to stick the dole up their arse and walked out. I recieved that 54 quid and that was that.
The whole process was a joke, making things up to prove I was looking for work  ::) waiting around for hours, The bone idle staff that worked there.  >:( Payed taxes for 17 years and got hardly anything, Chavvy kids were in there who never worked in their lives claiming the max, Most of them you would never employ, lazy chavvy dosers. Rant over  ;D
chopsie

ant french

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2010, 01:04:10 pm »
this one bloke i know was self employed car washer, he had his own car wash etc and he did it for 20 years and all of a sudden became ill and had to sell the business to fund treatment abroad. after treatment he comes home and tried for incapasity benefit and yano what they told him, because he was self employed within the last year he wasnt entitled to nowt. wot a joke, he didnt have the energy to fight it so he had to go onto job seekers and they made this bloke of 50 odd go out and look for work when he wasnt in a fit state to go to the loo.  :-[ the system is shot. you cans ee why most girls who leave school get preg and then get given a house and benefits coz thats the easy life. my mrs left me and bbringing a kid up on ya own aint easy. rahter 9-5 job any day of the week.

Londoner

« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 07:36:15 am »
the system is shot. you cans ee why most girls who leave school get preg and then get given a house and benefits coz thats the easy life.

yes but if they stopped giving these girls flats they would kill the whole issue stone dead overnight. The girls wouldn't get pregnant in the first place. There wouldn't be the estates full of single mums and feral kids. The system as it stands now is just storing up problems for generations to come and costing the country a fortune.