This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zimzam

Re: doleys
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2010, 05:27:58 pm »
most girls who leave school get preg and then get given a house and benefits

thats bollox.

david watts

« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2010, 06:13:14 pm »
whys it bolloxs? enlighten us with your wisdom
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

dai

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2010, 07:02:59 pm »
I started my first job in September 1957, back in those days 42 hours a week was the norm, you got a job and they were the hours you did.
50 years later things have changed a lot, and in my opinion for the worse.

I was talking to a young shiner today who had stopped to look at my system, he is considering going WFP.
This lad is working in the early mornings for a wholesale green grocer. Bosses now days can give you a 20 hour per week contract working from 6 till 10. Flexible exploitation I call it.
 What can he do the rest of the time? He can't live on £120 a week so goes shining when he finishes his early job.
I take my hat off to him. and gave him some advice as to what he required.
Educating the potential opposition may not make good business sense, but I feel sorry for some of these youngsters today.
Cheating doleites I have no time for, but then they don't wear badges on their sleeves so we we can't judge youngsters just because they wear tracky bottoms, trainers, and hoodies, many of them are just trying to survive the best they can, and are not receiving benefits.

ant french

« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2010, 07:19:47 pm »

thats bollox.

nah its called reality.  ;D

zimzam

« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2010, 08:07:17 pm »

thats bollox.

your really telling me you think MOST girls who leave school get pregnant and then get a house and blah blah blah? :o you're not?surely? :o ::)

tacky

« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2010, 08:42:02 pm »
yes we r.but they r finding it hard now .because the immis ar in the houses first now .pregnent women second

tom2009

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2010, 11:24:52 am »
Bring back the workhouse. If you arn't prepared to do something - sit on a till, put the caps on tooth paste tubes, lick stamps - SOMETHING, then how can/why should we as tax payers afford to keep you. It's much more economical to put them into one building, heating, mass catering etc. they would attend inhouse evening classes to get them a skill and then when they find and stick at employment then they could get some local authority housing. Radical maybe but not a bad idea!?

zimzam

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2010, 09:38:15 am »
just wondering if any of you ********** :P have kids?if girls will they/are they pregnant and in a council house?if boys have they made someone pregnant to get a council house?or are yours the odd one out?  ;)  :D  :o

davids3511

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2010, 10:25:17 am »
A few weeks after taking redundancy I decided to go and see if I could claim dole (as I had never claimed a penny before and been working since 16). Bear in mind I was at the time just semi considering/starting window cleaning. While I was there I saw a days work on their computers, At bambardier testing a tube train they were building. I applied for the job, got it (only a days work). There were around 80 of us, all we had to do was walk on and walk off this tube carriage while they monitered the movement of the carriage. We probably did this 6 0r 7 times, We were finished for just after 2pm, Easiest £70 I have ever earned. But that one day job seriously screwed up my dole claim, The amount of forms I had to fill in, and the paperwork etc i had to provide because of it made it hardly worth while. I can see why people on the dole do not bother, Its hardly worth it. Eventually after a couple or 3 weeks after going in and 'proving' to them I was looking for work(what a joke that is  ::) ) They paid me £54 and a few pence, They deducted me cos I got the days mixed up when I was supposed to go and sign on, I had a set day, wednesday i think, But that set day did not kick in for first 2 weeks So it meant I had to go in on Tuesday or something. This being new to me I had it in my head wed was my set day, noticed on Tuesday I should of been there half an hour ago I rang them, Got an appointment the next day, Had to fill a form out saying why i was late so I could try and get money back, I said "What a joke, as if they are going to give me money back for forgetting!!". They said i had to fill it in any way, made me sit around for 45mins to get an answer, and guess what, they declined my excuse!! By this time i was fuming, So told them to stick the dole up their arse and walked out. I recieved that 54 quid and that was that.
The whole process was a joke, making things up to prove I was looking for work  ::) waiting around for hours, The bone idle staff that worked there.  >:( Payed taxes for 17 years and got hardly anything, Chavvy kids were in there who never worked in their lives claiming the max, Most of them you would never employ, lazy chavvy dosers. Rant over  ;D
So what do you think they should do, just accept your excuse they you 'forgot' and pay out. If they did work like that someone else would be on here complaining that their neighbour doesn't even bother to sign on and they still get paid.

As for bone idle staff, I'd like to see some of this lot calling them scum do the job. My wife workes for DMP and has been one of those 'bone idle staff' as you call them dealing with jokers on new deal when it first came out. Her job was to decide who was really trying to get work and who wasn't so probably like someone you were deailing with). The hassle she used to get both in work and outside was criminal. She had a drug dealer whispering her home address to her one day as she interviewed him and lots of other crap like that.

The guys who come out with 'civil service scum' and 'bone idle' civil service staff really need to get a grip of themselves. They are trying to make a living just like us under far far more stressful conditions that we have to work under.

chopsie

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »
I do not and did not expect them to give me the money for forgetting, If you read my post properly i actually said to the person that they would not give it me, They made me fill in a pointless form and sit round for 45mins to get an answer that i knew would be no, So why waste everybody's time. I do not know if your wife is 'bone idle' or not. I was just speaking as I found at the job centre I went to. As for 'proving' you are looking for work, What a joke that is, all you have to do is fill in your card saying what you have been doing i.e looking in papers, websites, asked at different employers etc. I know of 2 lads who I worked with who got laid off, who after first week or so, Just used to fill in the card on the journey to the job center, all of it completly made up.
I have no doubt that your wife, and many others have it hard having to work with some of the scum that passes through these places, But there is no need to speak to us or treat us as if we are all the same.
Unlike a lot in there, i hope i never have to set foot in the place again  :-*
chopsie

clearlyclean

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2010, 07:21:00 pm »
I had to sign on the dole and the staff at the job centre were great to me and my family,We used to go in there dressed smartly as if we were going to a job interview and speak properly and politely to them and they would bend over backwards to help,yeah they missed up my claims a couple of times but would sort the problem out and get issued a giro that day.I use to see other guys go in there looking scruffy and swearing and think who going to employ them.Even now when i see some of the staff when I'm out about they ask how Im getting on and hows my family.They are doing a hard job with little resources

Paul Coleman

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 07:33:40 pm »
I had to sign on the dole and the staff at the job centre were great to me and my family,We used to go in there dressed smartly as if we were going to a job interview and speak properly and politely to them and they would bend over backwards to help,yeah they missed up my claims a couple of times but would sort the problem out and get issued a giro that day.I use to see other guys go in there looking scruffy and swearing and think who going to employ them.Even now when i see some of the staff when I'm out about they ask how Im getting on and hows my family.They are doing a hard job with little resources

I never had any problem with claiming straight dole money either.  It was when income support and housing benefit (both means tested) were needed that I was give grief.  Fortunately I was not out of work long enough for it to be an issue.

davids3511

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2010, 10:17:24 pm »
I do not and did not expect them to give me the money for forgetting, If you read my post properly i actually said to the person that they would not give it me, They made me fill in a pointless form and sit round for 45mins to get an answer that i knew would be no, So why waste everybody's time.
  I do not know if your wife is 'bone idle' or not. I was just speaking as I found at the job centre I went to. As for 'proving' you are looking for work, What a joke that is, all you have to do is fill in your card saying what you have been doing i.e looking in papers, websites, asked at different employers etc. I know of 2 lads who I worked with who got laid off, who after first week or so, Just used to fill in the card on the journey to the job center, all of it completly made up.
I have no doubt that your wife, and many others have it hard having to work with some of the scum that passes through these places, But there is no need to speak to us or treat us as if we are all the same.
Unlike a lot in there, i hope i never have to set foot in the place again  :-*
You slag the local job centre staff off about procedures, just exactly what input do you imaging these bone idle people have on these processes? The don't have much leeway, there is a process they have to follow whether THEY like it or not, nevermind if you like it or not.

My wife could tear her hair out sometimes, new guidance come into force and she says you can tell who ever wrote it has no idea how it all works, has never set foot in a job centre. They never seem to be able to fortell what the (real) bone idle will do to get round new legislation. Take the mass move to disability once new deal started to put pressure on the out of work.

chopsie

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 12:30:54 am »
I am slagging the job centre process off in general, What a complete waste of time and money filling in forms which everyone knows what will be the end result. I understand the people working there have little input to the procedures, But what a complete waste of resources.
chopsie

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 01:53:59 am »
wota load ov twaddle
get them polish bulgarians ethicinic wotever
to my door quick march il show em window cleaning
then send em out on yr patches ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
yes lol ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

DaveG

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 06:40:39 am »
All changing soon..dont take the job dont get dole...simples ;D

I bet there will be around it tho! ::)
You can't polish a turd

bobby p

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2010, 07:54:00 am »
the trouble is there really isnt any industry left here now to mop up the unemployed. balance of power has shifted over to the far east / China .i live right close to the docks and everything coming in is from there,hell even the ports are owned by china now  . the sailors walking around in the town buying in bulk at LIDL are from over there too!  one was ahead of me in the queue at the checkout  buying 120 boxes of chocolates

Londoner

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 08:14:02 am »
the trouble is there really isnt any industry left here now to mop up the unemployed. balance of power has shifted over to the far east / China .i live right close to the docks and everything coming in is from there,hell even the ports are owned by china now  . the sailors walking around in the town buying in bulk at LIDL are from over there too!  one was ahead of me in the queue at the checkout  buying 120 boxes of chocolates

Its a very good point, go to any major city in Britain where there used to be docks, Im thinking of places like Newcastle, Liverpool, Bristol and London. No ships, just restaurants and the like. All the warehouses converted into other things.

chopsie

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2010, 08:24:08 am »
Not only docks, Look at all the car factories that have shut down over the years, and a lot more have seriously down sized due not only to recession but also to it being cheaper to build the cars abroad. Toyota is now supposed to be moving production of what ever the Avensis is called now, to Russia. I think they are just going to be building the new name for Corrolla there now (am not up to date on these new names am I  :P).
I do believe in the not too distant future that most, if not all car production will be moved abroad, As they can build the same cars for a lot less money and still sell for the same price.
chopsie

AuRavelling79

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:27 am »
Actually Bristol Docks is thriving, I clean the windows of a shipping company there.

The old docks which were restricted by the River Avon moved to Avonmouth and Portbury and seem to be doing really well. "They" even reinstated a railway from Bristol to Portbury to take all the cars and doubled the line from Avonmouth to Bristol to take all the coal.

The sad thing for me - having worked there is that you I see tonnes of zinc brought in from the smelters of Belgium which up until 2005 was made in Avonmouth.

Bristol seems to do well - being on the junction of two major motorways, having an aircraft industry and having the MOD there too.
It's a game of three halves!