Fast 1 *

Re: Fed up
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2006, 02:15:33 pm »
It just seems everyone is obbsessed with what you do and how much you earn.A mans worth should not be based on what he earns.I felt like punching this fool last night,i dont know why i let it get to me.
wildstyles

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2006, 02:16:34 pm »
are you packing it in at some point rog?
Oh definately at some point.
Don't know how soon, depends on how long it takes to start making a living in something else.....

I know I could have done a lot better than I have, I just didn't apply myself when I was younger.
Everyone is surprised when I say what I do, and I also hate admitting it.

I just stumbled in window cleaning after quitting another job, and I've been stuck in it for nearly 10 years now.

Time to get rich I think.... :)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2006, 02:19:22 pm »
It just seems everyone is obbsessed with what you do and how much you earn.A mans worth should not be based on what he earns.I felt like punching this fool last night,i dont know why i let it get to me.

Perhaps you should have told him you were a pro boxer.  That would have shut him up   ;D

Jon T.C.

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2006, 02:19:40 pm »
Roger - what total crap! You must have a confidence problem - I would talk about with someone.
Confidence problem? ;D
Ok ::)

You obviously believe it's a glamourous job.
I however am firmly on planet earth.
I'm under no illusions that it doesn't sound good, and I have no intentions of doing it for many more years.

Because I've got the confidence to start something else.

Roger,

I know it's not a glamourous job - however, like most if not all on this forum, I started with nothing and built up a nice little business, of which I am extremely proud of ; and people that know me, respect me for that reason.

Why do white collar workers demand respect anyway?

Squeaky quote " If you want respect become a teacher, doctor or scientist or something"

When was the last time you read in the paper or heard on the news about a window cleaner:

1) having an affair with an underage person

2) being involved with groping their clients or worse murdering them ( Harold Shipman)

3) or being caught in a national scandel - the gulf war scientist , who later topped himself.

Just because they have, so called "professional" or "intellectual" careers, does not mean they command more respect!

Regards and my respect for your opinion

Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

supernova77

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2006, 02:23:52 pm »
Time to get rich I think....

Get a WFP system then Rog!   ;)

Jon T.C.

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2006, 02:27:54 pm »
What made you choose window cleaning?

It just appealed to me - not that I lack ambition. It suits my lifestyle, and fits in nicely around my family.I earn a good amount of money, for very little stress.I take my holidays when I want, and if I want to have a day off to go to my kids sports days etc.. then I do! 8)
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Fast 1 *

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2006, 02:28:04 pm »
are you packing it in at some point rog?
Oh definately at some point.
Don't know how soon, depends on how long it takes to start making a living in something else.....

I know I could have done a lot better than I have, I just didn't apply myself when I was younger.
Everyone is surprised when I say what I do, and I also hate admitting it.

I just stumbled in window cleaning after quitting another job, and I've been stuck in it for nearly 10 years now.

Time to get rich I think.... :)
rog how old are you?(if you dont mind me asking)
wildstyles

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2006, 02:30:57 pm »
Time to get rich I think....

Get a WFP system then Rog!   ;)
Actually I'm a few grand richer by not wasting my cash on it. ;)

Oh and John,
They don't put scandal about window cleaners in the paper because it wouldn't really surprise or shock people in the same way.

I'm sure there's plenty of dodgy window cleaners, just no-one cares.....

Good on you if you've done well though.

Fast One: it's on my profile mate.  ;)

Jon T.C.

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2006, 02:47:51 pm »
Oh and John,
They don't put scandal about window cleaners in the paper because it wouldn't really surprise or shock people in the same way.

I'm sure there's plenty of dodgy window cleaners, just no-one cares.....

......because of this stupid perception that they are "better people " than those of us with manual jobs.

I hope you find a profession that you are genuinely happy in Roger - Good Luck

Kind regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

matt

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2006, 04:00:34 pm »
Squeaky is right on the button here

it doesnt matter how well you come across, you can have a nice shiney van with all the kit in and a full uniform

you will allways just be a window cleaner

and the public perception of the window cleaner is : a cheeky chappy who does it for a bit of beer money , he may or may not be on the dole

this wil remain for many a year, its a shame, but you cannot change it

Jon T.C.

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2006, 04:53:46 pm »
Matt, don't tar everyone with the same brush  :( You may be happy for your customers to think this of you - I AM NOT! Believe me, my customers have a higher regard and value for the service I provide them.

Regards Jon
Elite Cleaning Solutions

Trevor Knight

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2006, 05:41:47 pm »
I am a member of the Business Commerce in my local area, have been for about 10 years.

When I first started going and people asked what I did they had that "oh" look on their face, which basically mean't, what are you doing here as this is for professional businesses.

Anyway, as time has gone by I am now a respected and valued member and often chair business development meetings to advise people on how to manage their business and develop stratagies to take them forward.

Its a funny old world but unfortunately, like everyone has commented, we are after all, just lowley old window cleaners, scratching around trying to make a bit of beer money!

Bless the un-educated, I am happy knowing what I know and letting them think what they think.

All of us on here know who is better off, I know I do !  :)

Water off a ducks back to me what others think, the only person I need to think I am just about surviving works for the government, enough said  ;)

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2006, 05:50:58 pm »
You have mail Jon
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

matt

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2006, 06:28:32 pm »
Matt, don't tar everyone with the same brush  :( You may be happy for your customers to think this of you - I AM NOT! Believe me, my customers have a higher regard and value for the service I provide them.

Regards Jon

Jon, i didnt mention customers, i said public perception, i guess this could include your customers, BUT i meant the bigger picture, the avergae man / woman in the street

most of my customers value what i do, they know i am professional in my work and do a good job

Clear Vision

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2006, 06:42:53 pm »
i get ur a window licker.yep but i tell what i make and oh have  any jobs :).take in ur stride u will get the last  ;D ;D

Is that written in Scottish or something?

What you trying to say about us scotish people?

I'll come down there and ram a 60ft wfp were the sun don't shine ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2006, 06:47:12 pm »
Funny thing is, I just wrote that to be naughty and abuse the Scots.

It wasn't until after when I checked his profile I realised he was Scottish. ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2006, 06:49:33 pm »
  Guys,

After 20 yrs after office management jobs I would say this is the best job so far.
  There were times when I wanted to punch peoples lights out because of the
  backstabing that went on to try and climb up the ladder. The stress that came
  with it has wrecked my health, but I live with it.

The best thing I like about window cleaning any idiots I meet I just walk away
   ;D ;D, have only had one case and she had a thousand excuses on not paying.

Rest of my customers I've had to build their confidence in me because quite
  a few have had bad experiences in the past. Now it's cups of tea and then
  trying to find the nearest loo  ;D

Today just helped a customer clean all her house as she is moving, tried to
  charge £50 but the look on her face dropped it to £40. Yes I'm soft but in the
  end it's a good working relationship with your customer, that's what brings
  in more customers.

Unfortunately yes some perceive window cleaners in a bad way but if you
  treat your customers with a bit of TLC ( if they deserve it ) then its the best
  job I've had so far. Money aint great but life is now great.

Doug

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2006, 06:53:31 pm »
Today just helped a customer clean all her house as she is moving.....
It's sunday in this country. :o
Is it not up there? ;D

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2006, 06:56:06 pm »
sorry,

but if you are embarassed about what you do then i would think that you will be embarassed about alot of things,

ive been in the cleaning industry for many years as a worker and owner of two companies and when i meet people im happy to say what i do

you need to be proud for yourself and family before others and if a snide comment upsets you then deal with it or sort it,

true your a window cleaner wether you have a estate car with ladders or 10 spanking new vans, an office and more staff than you know what to do with

BUT are you happy!!!!!!!!!!!

im sure 99% of people on here are

If you would be happier because you drive an F1 racing car for a living or play for Real Madrid as a job then should you not have tried this option when you were younger

"Regret simply means that you have not learnt from your mistakes!!! ;D

I AM PROUD TO BE IN THE CLEANING INDUSTRY

Rgds
stuart
www.skypolesystems.com

DASERVICES

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2006, 06:58:04 pm »
Today just helped a customer clean all her house as she is moving.....
It's sunday in this country. :o
Is it not up there? ;D

Nothing wrong with working on Sunday as long you have done your good deeds ;)
Shops are open 24 hrs so why not w/c, not that I would but she needed a favour
which I obliged.