This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

master cleaner

Re: Fed up
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2006, 07:03:07 pm »
i am 41 years old and i own my own buisiness whether it be victor kiam or glr windowcleanings sevices i dont care i am proud to employ my son who doesnt have a backstabbing job and he wont be made redundant .
let people think what they want we are happier than they are in our chosen proffesion
i choose to work 3 days a week for good money if i was employed well say no more

gary

matt

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 07:10:15 pm »
Im well happy with my lot, i work 3 days a week (sometimes less) and have a nice little round

it still doesnt change the fact that the public see us as "cheeky chappies out to earn a few bob", its the way it is, i laugh at it, it doesnt effect me in the slightest

a few weeks back i was talking to a customer in a BIG house about my splitscreen VW campervan, she was amazed i could afford it, afterall they must be worth alot of money, Jamie olivers is for sale for 55 K, she then made some remark, how do you afford to run a car and a campervan, i run 2 cars and the camper i said, she was honestly amazed at it, afterall im only a window cleaner  ;)

dai

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2006, 07:28:24 pm »
I have said this before and I say it again. Many domestic customers resent us because they are paying us to do a job they could well do for themselves.
They feel a sense of guilt about paying good money out, to do a job that they can't be bothered doing. Of course there are customers that can't do the job themselves,
But these aren't the ones that are the problem. George Formby didnt do us any favours, nor did the confessions of a window cleaner either.
There are others that look down on us because we work too cheap. Chimney sweeps get a lot more respect now they are charging £40 a pop, and they do the job as fast as we clean the windows. The last time one came to me he was in and out in 25mins. I paid up because it's not a job I can do for myself. Think about it, how many bungalows do you do on your round compared to houses? Old people apart that is.
Some people do feel guilty for forking out £10 when they Know they could have saved it, and done the job themselves. They then see you the window cleaner as the cause of their guilt, and resent you for it. It's never going to be any different.
Dai

ronaldo

« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2006, 07:43:29 pm »
Who gives a ###k about what people think about windowcleaners????????
As long as your happy doing it and its makeing you a decent living and in many cases a very good one let them think what they like.
I quite enjoy pulling up on jobs in a £20,000 pick up and watching people look at you as you go about your buisness then say to you when you,ve finished how can you afford to have one of them cleaning windows, i just tell them i was on deal or no deal and walk away smiling.
It pee,s them off even more when i go and collect the money and i go in the Mrs brand new one, just keep smiling and enjoy your work, and if you dont then do someyhing else  :)
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

macc

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2006, 08:43:46 pm »
Who gives a ###k about what people think about windowcleaners????????

I just laugh at the comment, its amazing the look goes blank when i reply, " well, by Wednesday ive earnt my wages, not sure if im going to do over time or is it the weekend already".  ;)

Macc

zeusjazmin

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006, 09:35:06 pm »
i am very proud to be a window cleaner with my own business

Fast 1 *

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 09:41:24 pm »
i guess the pros outweigh the cons.
wildstyles

P®oPole™

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 09:50:13 pm »
I AM PROUD TO BE A WINDOW CLEANER..

john tomkins

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 09:57:17 pm »
Well I'm going into window cleaning very soon and get the "you're gonna do what" responses from most folks like it's "oh right you can't get a proper job then"... ha ha... stuff em!!!! ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 10:04:35 pm »
It beats the rat race.Just imagine getting up early tomorrow,waiting for a train with all the miserable commuters working in the city being a puppet for a company that doesnt give a *oss about you,getting an average wage for all those hours.Whatever i decide for the future,i will never go back working for someone full time.I think im probably unemployable now anyway!
wildstyles

P®oPole™

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 10:13:09 pm »
You know FAST ONE  ;)

THEN WHEN YOUR 65 THEY GIVE YOU A FAKE GOLD WATCH A SH~~T PENSION AND TELL YOU YOUR NOT NEEDED ANYMORE!!!!

and i dont need them, by 30 i dont ever wana have to work again at least not clean windows anyway, i will just sit in the office with the  ;D P.A ;D or play golf, drive a nice car some will say these are dreams, i know ive got a long long way to go but, i say we will see.

but i will still only be a window cleaner, but i dont care lol  ;D ;D

simbo

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2006, 10:30:44 pm »
good topic and prob why i chose to do other cleaning aswell, eg carpets upholstery and upvc.I then become a cleaning co with part being window cleaning, gets a little more respect but now i could not care less as i live in a very nice street with people who have pro jobs and flash cars but i am home with my wife and kids hours before them every night and out around 2 hours later in mornings so stuff what they think
cheers simb0

Fast 1 *

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2006, 10:35:09 pm »
You know FAST ONE  ;)

THEN WHEN YOUR 65 THEY GIVE YOU A FAKE GOLD WATCH A SH~~T PENSION AND TELL YOU YOUR NOT NEEDED ANYMORE!!!!

and i dont need them, by 30 i dont ever wana have to work again at least not clean windows anyway, i will just sit in the office with the  ;D P.A ;D or play golf, drive a nice car some will say these are dreams, i know ive got a long long way to go but, i say we will see.

but i will still only be a window cleaner, but i dont care lol  ;D ;D
i wish i was 21 again ;)  good luck
wildstyles

Fast 1 *

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2006, 10:36:34 pm »
good topic and prob why i chose to do other cleaning aswell, eg carpets upholstery and upvc.I then become a cleaning co with part being window cleaning, gets a little more respect but now i could not care less as i live in a very nice street with people who have pro jobs and flash cars but i am home with my wife and kids hours before them every night and out around 2 hours later in mornings so stuff what they think
cheers simb0
i think thats the way i might go.
wildstyles

P®oPole™

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2006, 11:02:44 pm »
FAST ONE  ;) you get out what you put in mate, like i said in my other post ive got to crack on, and a long way to go. fingers crossed  :-[

and about other services mate my opinion is Be the best you can be at one thing add bits in as extras, ive got loads of crap in my shed petrol jet, scrubber etc, i was gonna go down them lines but i thought it confuses people, im even a little dissapointed with 5000 leaflets i just got cause theres to much jib about other services and its only gutters, conserv roofs etc.

some people get WINDOW CLEANING big on there van this is the best thing to do, as with leaflets etc

WINDOW CLEANING

WE CLEAN WINDOWS IN YOUR ROAD EVERY MONTH

then just add bits in with your customers "oh do you know we do a bit of jet washing" or facias cleaning, or whatever.

imagine having it all plastered on your van or leaflets

carpet cleaning
gutter cleaning
window cleaning
oven cleaning
conservatory cleaning
car valeting
cladding cleaning

??? ???
goes on and on and confuses people.

simplicity is key mate and being pro at one thing.

thats only what i think anyway, carpet cleaning and alike is a diffrent ball game and I would launch a new business for that.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2006, 11:08:15 pm »
Mind you,its handy to have some inside work now and again,especially with all this rain.
wildstyles

P®oPole™

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2006, 11:16:57 pm »
Yea i know bloody rain, this could be it now folks summer over  >:(

Do you have wfp FAST ONE theres good £££ in facias an that, and you can do em in all weather aswell.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2006, 11:21:34 pm »
Havent got wfp,just traditional.only been doing it 8 months.Used to do bricklaying.Still do building work sometimes.
wildstyles

P®oPole™

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2006, 11:34:29 pm »
Good rounds come with time mate mine is still small in my eyes.

Window cleaning is a good job one which many do well from, its good to know and do other stuff aswell extras etc, I still have nice earners doing roof repairs, garden clear outs and all the rest.

I see my future in window cleaning tho, at first i never i wanted to go back to roofing or something else maybe. wfp changed all that I now see my job as totally diffrent i even enjoy it, i dont hardly ever do tops no more only big pole work, i just plod along doing bottoms mp3 on, love it. :D

When your round gets bigger you should look into wfp mate

i think even you sqeaky, deep down you want it, dont fight it mate.  ;D ;D

Fast 1 *

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2006, 11:44:33 pm »
it seems a bit of a headache,though.Maybe i will in the future.Maybe i like the simplicity of traditional windowcleaning.I dont mind a bit of graft to keep me fit.But then again,i dont want to be doing this all my life.
wildstyles