Prowler - would it be
« on: July 31, 2009, 07:00:35 am »
Prowler from the USA, FOR EXAMPLE FROM

www.amtexequipment.com Does not give a price.

I know over here after the suppliers have wacked on there profit etc its around £6000 sterlin.

Now I have friends in Texas, Huston that I could get them to buy it (I will send them the money of course) and they ship it over.

Would I actually save money do you think? I might give amtex a call next week. find out weight etc and speak to a friend in the carrier company in Huston. Dont forget it cheaper for the states to send over here than it is for us to send to them.

Dave

jasonl

Re: Prowler - would it be
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:10:05 am »
I have looked at this ,,  I found that for me it was not viable ,, my brother lives in North carolina it would have been really easy to get one here, the UK dealers would not be happy I  dont think to offer warranty support, and the forex rates are not favourable at the minute. Tempting I know ,,  but sadly not viable.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 07:14:33 am »
Well I have just looked at the cost,

6,000.00 USD = 3,627.46 GBP

I know I can get it shipped over for under £350 I have had other stuff shipped from the states that ways over 80kg and only cost me £150.

So I cant see why its not viable - and sorry - I do not care about suppliers being happy...! Not all but are charging top wack because they know they can!

As for warranty! Most are useless at warranty! Warranty runs out when you need it most!

Dave

jasonl

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 07:22:50 am »
Add in import duty and VAT , then allow for 2 warranty issues paid for your self , and you could buy one in the uk.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

derek west

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 07:23:22 am »
don't forget import duties,  and don't forget, its a long way to send it back if you get a duffer.

i bought off hydramaster in cornwall, pump seals went in the first 3 months, they posted out next day (free) and i fitted them while they talked me through on the phone, its not all about price.

if your lucky you'll save money. "do you feel lucky punk? well! do ya" ;D

think you should ask the question, "how many people bought new machines and didn't have to use there warranty in the first year"?

derek

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 07:25:41 am »
Add in import duty and VAT , then allow for 2 warranty issues paid for your self , and you could buy one in the uk.

I will still look into it, as for the VAT we are VAT registered! But thanks for the import duties, I find out next week!

Cheers

Dave

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 07:27:58 am »
Good piont Derek!
Dave have you used a Prowler, the thought of blowing all that steam on customers new block paved drives would put me off, but then I would say that as I sell the new Phoenex  ;D

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 07:31:02 am »
Also is import tax on stuff bought! If it was a Present! a Gift does that still apply?

I will check on that!

Dave

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 07:34:35 am »
Dave to bring something that size into the UK would be like pushing a tturd uphill. trust me as Derek says if its a duffer its a long way to sent it back

John Kelly

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:16:10 am »
So I cant see why its not viable - and sorry - I do not care about suppliers being happy...! Not all but are charging top wack because they know they can!

Dave get your facts right before making statements like that.
We are currently selling the Prowler at £5599.
We don't get any discount from the manufacturer as he could just as easy sell them over there without all the hassle of palletising them up to ship over.
Purchase £3626.03
Shipping (air freight varies) £650-800
Currency transaction charge for buying with credit card £350
Water Tank £140
12 Volt Pump £100
Fitting and training free (half day)
TOTAL:£5016.03
Thats not not including import duty which is 1.5% or the fact we have to pay the vat up front.
Then we had to have them CE marked which cost nearly £1000
not to mention marketing costs.
Cheers Dave you've made me realise just what a loss leader this is and anyone thinking of buying one I would do so now because the price is going back up very soon.

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:08 am »
Nice reply John, if only things were as simple as they appear on the US sites.

Stu.Clem

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:05:51 am »
Trying to save a few quid will often bite you in the bum -  just ask Ricky T about his budget truckmount!  Also think about all those price shoppers you get calling looking for the cheapest pricewhat sort of service will they end up with? I have imported quite a few things across the pond in my time and calling something a gift will save you money if you get away with it - if not your goods can be seized and face prosecution the authorities are not stupid you know.  As with most suppliers - support your local dealer and they will in return support you....

Best wishes

Stu

Darren O

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 09:29:11 am »
I got a cracking deal from ebay the company was american so i had to get it sent over it was a 10inch stair wand and a hydroforce sprayer it came to about £190 for both incl del but had to pay £30 tax over here at customs i priced them in the uk and it would of cost me over £400 saying that i would never buy a machine or a truckmount from america because at some point something will go wrong.

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 09:55:49 am »

Dave get your facts right before making statements like that.
We are currently selling the Prowler at £5599.
We don't get any discount from the manufacturer as he could just as easy sell them over there without all the hassle of palletising them up to ship over.
Purchase £3626.03
Shipping (air freight varies) £650-800
Currency transaction charge for buying with credit card £350
Water Tank £140
12 Volt Pump £100
Fitting and training free (half day)
TOTAL:£5016.03
Thats not not including import duty which is 1.5% or the fact we have to pay the vat up front.
Then we had to have them CE marked which cost nearly £1000
not to mention marketing costs.
Cheers Dave you've made me realise just what a loss leader this is and anyone thinking of buying one I would do so now because the price is going back up very soon.

Hi John,

I assume you must be a supplier. Sorry, I dont know who you are. Or what company you represent.

Firstly, when someone is trying to purchase they want to save money.

When you are selling, you want to get as much as possible. Thats business.

As for paying the VAT up front, We are VAT Registered and also have to pay the VAT at time of purchase on all purchases unless that item is exempt from VAT.

Also maybe people are not aware YOU would get the VAT BACK!!!! if you are VAT registered so thats is not a cost!

There are a number of cheaper ways to bring into the country - air frieght is the most expensive I think but the most quickest! Also depends on how quick you have it delivered. - I bring many thing into this country from the states. Motor parts, Shot Guns, Tropical plants to name but a few.. and I have brought heavey large items into this country, even car from the US. And a Prowler does not compre a pontiac firebird, Cadilac I go on as I have imported these over.

I understand you have overheads, what company does not!

As for warranty, half days training , fitting, come on, its all in the price and accounted for. It might not be added all to one machine but I am sure the cost is spread accross a set number. Just like any other company selling Nothing is Free. Its a business not a charity.

I support many companies, as do many people on here and those that do not even come to this forum.

I am also all for supporting our suppliers but as I ran a business I am looking to save money. If I managed to save £600 just because I got it imported. Not direct from a supplier such as yourselvs I would think that was a job well done. The £600 could go towards other costs of running a business. Maybe marketing!

For example, I have recently purchased a Rhino 500psi portable. Its not a market leader by no means. it only set me back £950 +vat Now I could have purchased a more expensive machine at £2500 and it would not have had the same PSI possibly. Just a brand name or possibly purchased from a more well known dealer.

But either way I have saved £1500 this allows me to put this funding against something else. Also my ROI is now less! Meaning I only have to do possible 5 jobs to get my money back instead of 10 jobs.

The post has hit a nerve! For that I appologise. it was not meant to upset people. I was looking into saving money.

Lets face it we all work to get by or improve quality of life or to buy a new jaguar, or other type of item. If i did not research the possiblility of saving money then I would be classed a "Stupid" and not very business minded to waste money is it? My business would not be where it is today. I am lucky I do not need to work 5 days a week, at most I only work 2 - 3 days a week and my wife works only 2 days. So we are pretty confortable. Thats because I have learnt to shop around. Not to waste money.

I have not said that you are not entitled to a profit. But lets face it, you dont palatise the product they do.

IMPORT TAX

1.5% ON 3600 is only £54.00 - not a great deal is it. But I know you have to make it look better on paper.

Credit card

Pay direct by CHAPS - WIRE TRANSFER AS ITS USA AND IS ONLY £25.00 - IT CAN BE DONE - NO SURCHARRGE THEN OF £350, but I am sure you are aware!!! ONly £25.00 regardless of amount being transfered

We know about money transfer costs! Some on this forum may not.

CE

CE Marking is the symbol The letters "CE" are the abbreviation of French phrase "Conformité Européene" which literally means "European Conformity". The term initially used was "EC Mark" and it was officially replaced by "CE Marking" in the Directive 93/68/EEC in 1993. "CE Marking" is now used in all EU official documents

Ok so it costs you £1000, I am not sure if it does, Is that a CE mark per machine?

I will also look into wether it is a requirement if it was shipped over by a Non distributor. I.E. Me. I could be wrong but I dont think its required. Yes its required by you as we are purchasing from you! And you must adhere to ALL THE RULES.

Anyway like I said, I am just looking inot it for now. Only to see if it is possible to save money. As for repairs I am quite machanically minded!

Also parts are avalable here, and buying them and replacing them is fairly easy! Time consuming but most of you suppliers are miles from me anyway!

Dave

iTS ALL ABOUT SAVING MONEY - Its not personal. Or directed at yourselves.

robert meldrum

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2009, 11:03:31 am »
AHHH

Methiks we have a man of mystery here, a weaver of webs, there are a few other labels that might fit.

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 01:26:32 pm »
Dave, most of what you say is true. Airfreighting doesn't work out much more than shipping and you don't have to wait weeks. CE marking was for the model and not each machine. It was just your tone that implied we were making a killing which was annoying thats all.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:55 pm »
John,

I know many suppliers are not making a killing now, we are finding it tough as well although we are doing well its still tough!

My only aim was to find the best deal possible. Not to anoy anyone for that I appologise.

Dave

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 01:33:50 pm »
Dave,
I think you might find that a supplier in the USA will not sell you a Prowler when there is a British distributor in place.
Also, you may save a few quid importing it yourself, but the one thing you will be missing out on is the excellent technical backup that you would have got if you'd purchased it through Restormate. John Kelly's in depth knowledge and long history of providing top notch customer service is something you cannot put a price on, especially when your machine breaks down and you need running again NOW. You only need your machine to be out of service for a day or two and you've lost everything you've saved.
Snubbing John at the purchasing stage and then relying on him to help you out when things go wrong might seem a little hard faced.

Simon

derek west

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 01:59:24 pm »
dave

if you do import a prowler, from the tone of this thread i'm guessing you'll have to import the parts if and when you need them. ;D
derek

gwrightson

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 03:10:33 pm »
What I cant understand is Dave,s statment saying" I dont know who you are, or what company you represent"   
For somebody who has been a member of this forum for a reasonable length of time , providing almost 2 posts per day and somebody who quite obviously has a good look at at the options when purchasing equipment or chemicals  for your business , Why have you never heard of John or restormate ? I find that strange  :-\ especialy as any number of posts/replys have mentioned not only John/ Restormate and the prowler amongst numerous other items from John.
Imho , seems a load of hassle to even think about importing a prowler yourself for all the reasons already mentioned. I,m Sure John would be more than happy to supply giving you at least peace of mind if some thing goes wrong, surley , thats got to be worth a few extra quid!!

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 03:27:10 pm »
Greedy people end up with nothing,

Our local garage  was not only a garage for repairs but also a filling station. Until Tesco's opened in Newbury, everyone started only buying enough fuel to get then to Tesco's. So when the garage did away with the petrol pumps everyone complained they had to travel 10miles to Newbury to buy fuel.

Now if we all went down the route of importing our tools and machines from abroad just imagine to ball ache it would be  buying the little things we use, not to mention the delay we would have waiting for things to arrive.
Hello There ain't no next from the States.

I'm all for supporting local business, John Kelly's in Newcastle and Hydramaster is in Cornwall both we over 200 miles from where I live  but still a lot closer than America.

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 03:41:46 pm »
Dave

Is the Pheonix going to have a Kholer in it ultimately or the Vanguard.

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 03:45:41 pm »
The 18hp Briggs is running great, I can't see the point of changing it to kohler as the engine is small enough to run on petrol

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »
The thing is if you're going to invest in a Truck Mount, or any other machine for that matter, you also need top class service and backup from the manufacturer. New machines are great while they are new, but as with every machine things start to go wrong and when they do you are effectively out of business until it's repaired. Having someone at the end of the phone that understands all of the technical features of your machine and can diagnose the problem and supply the correct part the next day is something that is quite simply worth its weight in gold and you forgo that bond of loyalty and customer service when you cut out the very people you WILL need during your machines life.
I've had the luxury of having John Taylor at Prochem when I operated Prochem TM's and Martin Cox and the current team at Hydramaster, who over the years have saved me thousands in lost sales and down time with their superb service and I wouldn't forgo that for a few measly quid which in the end is tax deductible.
Simon

murky

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 05:27:16 pm »
While we are on about bringing stuff in from the States.

Whats the name of the guy who worked as a middleman to send stuff over here for us.

Unusual name like 2 surnames put together, worked out of Florida i think but not sure.

Murky

derek west

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 05:35:32 pm »
i had a problem with my boxer last week, rang the owner of hydramaster on saturday night, and then again on sunday morning. my problem was sorted by sunday tea, now thats customer service. glad i bought from this country, can't see the yanks answering the phone on a sunday to us brits.
i could of bought a cheaper truckmount but its not all about saving money. if that was the case i wouldn't get any work, cos i'm not the cheapest.
derek

like shaun says, pay cheap pay twice

nevil

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 06:04:26 pm »
While we are on about bringing stuff in from the States.

Whats the name of the guy who worked as a middleman to send stuff over here for us.

Unusual name like 2 surnames put together, worked out of Florida i think but not sure.

Murky

Vernon Purcell maybe?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 07:01:48 pm »
There are suppliers that aren't famous for their customer service but you usually find that they are competing on price or false promises, do your homework and ask lots of people especially if you are spending loads of your filthy lucre.

Shaun

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 07:40:54 pm »
dave

if you do import a prowler, from the tone of this thread i'm guessing you'll have to import the parts if and when you need them. ;D
derek

OK, ive been out clay shooting only to find many replies to this.

Which is good. I can see that you guys dont like the fact I just want to save money.

Which I dont underatnd why?

Are you guys impying that I should just purchase and be limited to what a supplier is offering me. I certainly wont be held over a barrel!

If I believe a supplier is offering a good deal I will purchase!

If I do at a later date purchase a TM/PROWLER and it requires parts there will be someone that will sell me parts I require. There is always someone willing - wanting to make a sale. Is that not business!

Are you saying if I purchase a Nissan Skyline r34 from Japan, that Nissan will not supply me any parts as I went to Japan. They can only keep cars for so long and have to have them exported. But I know Nissan will sell parts. Why they want to make a sale!

I will telephone around and ask, if they dont sell to me, then I will get someone to get the parts for me. There are ways around everything.

As for the statement about John Kelly, as I dont know who he is or was.. was actually true. I at the time was unaware.

And I will tell you how that is, I purchase a lot of equipment locally within a 25 mile range. Why? Because thats me I like local people. I do not like traveling. (Plus I know most of them) Also they dont care where I purchase. They give excelent service.

As for purchasing in the states - its gets delivered. I dont have to move a muscle! and my local people do not sell Prowlers or TMs.

It has been only recently that I have found http://www.aandmcs.co.uk and that has been within the last month, infact I would go as far as to say the last two weeks.

So are you saying I should have heard of this company along time ago. And Yes, I have heard of John Kelly mentioned before but was not aware of Restoremate. However you will be pleased I am sure I have visited his website, I assume he maybe the owner.

As for support on the product well Yes I agree with you buying locally pays dividends.

However if many of you are saying you need to use the warranty many many times prior to 12 months then all that says to me is VERY POOR build quality. And maybe I should research a different product / brand. Maybe one not so well heard of as the build could be superior. All about research! And you guys and saying you need the support well before 12 months Not good at all.

Its ok for you to say if everyone purchased abroad and not at your local supplier things would be a ball ache, but you are taking it out of proportion. I certainly do not intend to order Fish & chips from America. That would be daft!!

I am on about possibly saving £1000 or possibly even more much more! I can certainly tell you now I have emailed many companies to do with TMs and I am awaiting there responce together with shipping, all other costs etc.

Dave Ingram

"Greedy people end up with nothing"

This statement is so true, thats why I am looking else where! I know I can save money.

Even John Kelly has said in a previous post he was making a killing! So yes greedy people end up with nothing Your words Dave, Not mine.

I personally believe that the products not all but most in the CC industry are over priced. And suppliers are aware of this.

They know we have no choice. But they are wrong. I will find one and I will import if I find it cheaper! Even if it means me setting up to be a distributor. Its not hard. I use to be a distributor of Computer components and servers so I know a fair bit about setting up this kind of infrastracture.

I understand you guys saying support our local suppliers. I agree! Totally but I am not paying a penny more! Its my money! I have the right to spend it where I want! On any item that is reasonably priced.

If I purchase something over priced, like a Prowler over hear, an example I personally think the markup is around £1650 per machine based on a Prowler. Other TM systems there is more markup! That price is just an example. Now it wont take long before a supplier sells 12 machines and has a deposit for a 600 mercedeze benz.

But why should I let him have a fancy car, or that holiday, when I can save the money and have the fancy car instead.

So you guys dont seem to underatnd business! What are you doing, just earning a wage a day rate.. business minded people save the most money when purchasing and when selling a service or product sell it for as much as possible.

Now if you purchase Prowles in bulk, I would assume they would get a discount.

You guys seem to have lost business ethics, I understand as a supplier you want me to give you my money. But understand as a business purchaser I want to save money wherever possible! And if I can acheive this I will.

There is no tone to this, just honest opinions and nothing more. I will purchase supplier here in the uk but again they have to be the right price!

Dave

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 07:46:40 pm »
If I was you mate I would ignore what everyone is saying and just get on with it. Then report back and tell us how you got on.

derek west

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 07:59:27 pm »
just trying to help you out mate, but sounds to me like you've got everything sorted, which asks the question, why on earth did you bother putting the thread up in the first place.
you paid peanuts for your rhino and you wanna import a prowler to save a few quid, which in the long run i doubt you will.
personally you sound like a bit of a tight wad. in which case, distributers are probably better off without your custom,
just an observation mind, i could be wrong. ;D
derek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 08:03:51 pm »
And I will tell you how that is, I purchase a lot of equipment locally within a 25 mile range. Why? Because thats me I like local people.

But not British suppliers, it seems. ???

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 08:15:17 pm »
And I will tell you how that is, I purchase a lot of equipment locally within a 25 mile range. Why? Because thats me I like local people.

But not British suppliers, it seems. ???

So why dont we go the whole hog and design them here in the uk instead of importing and give our people jobs. HOW FAR DO WE GO!

So what you are saying is a supplier can give the money to America, thats fine. But I cant as I would save money!

Yes I am a tight git! when it comes to spening money. I will admit it freely!

Dave

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 08:28:54 pm »
just trying to help you out mate, but sounds to me like you've got everything sorted, which asks the question, why on earth did you bother putting the thread up in the first place.
you paid peanuts for your rhino and you wanna import a prowler to save a few quid, which in the long run i doubt you will.
personally you sound like a bit of a tight wad. in which case, distributers are probably better off without your custom,
derek

The reason I put the thread up was to get your Valued opinions. Not just to for you to say to me support your local dealer. It was not to get into an argument. But people seem to take me the wrong way. Ill admit I am blunt to the point. But honesty never paid!

Dave

Cathedral Floorcare

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:18 pm »
dave

derek

OK, ive been out clay shooting only to find many replies to this.

Which is good. I can see that you guys dont like the fact I just want to save money.

Which I dont underatnd why?

Are you guys impying that I should just purchase and be limited to what a supplier is offering me. I certainly wont be held over a barrel!

If I believe a supplier is offering a good deal I will purchase!

etc etc

I started reading your post, but there are so many exclamation marks that I had to go for a lie down to recover from the implied excitement.

davep

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 08:34:23 pm »
I got a Prowler off JK, and with it all the support needed.  I was on phone for the first few days as changing from porty to tm was a bit fiddly.  Got him to service it and now it needs a heat exchanger he is sorting that out too.

Would you get that from Texas where they are made?  

Erm................

NO!

derek west

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 08:41:24 pm »
Prowler from the USA, FOR EXAMPLE FROM

www.amtexequipment.com Does not give a price.

I know over here after the suppliers have wacked on there profit etc its around £6000 sterlin.

Now I have friends in Texas, Huston that I could get them to buy it (I will send them the money of course) and they ship it over.

Would I actually save money do you think? I might give amtex a call next week. find out weight etc and speak to a friend in the carrier company in Huston. Dont forget it cheaper for the states to send over here than it is for us to send to them.

Dave

okay i'll answer your question, theres a slight chance you will save money if your very lucky and nothing goes wrong, but i'm pretty sure you won't be so lucky. good luck youve obviously made your mind up to import, all though i very much doubt you'll own a prowler in the next 6 months.
derek

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:16 pm »
Pristine ,, you asked a question ,,, and got some answers ,, not what you wanted to hear , but you got answers ,, the prowler is a niche product , not the same as a Nissan skyline!

Yes you couls save probably a grand , however ,the time it would take you to do the necessary  paperwork ,, learning the importing  systems and procedures , for a machine with effectively no warranty support would  make the £ savings zero or negative .

I bought a £120,000 concrete batching plant last december , it was made in Italy , I bought from the uk distributor and paid 20k more than if I had gone direct to Italy , I GOT PRODUCT SUPPORT ,, KNOWLEDGE  , AND TRAINING THAT I SIMPLY WOULD NOT HAVE GOT had I bought from Italy.

I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 08:43:40 pm »
WOW one minute you can't even afford a SEBO DUO then your are importing all sorts of stuff from America telling us you have imported this and that I would have thought you had all the answers so why ask I THINK YOU ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE UP OUR ARSES you are LOVING this. :D ;D :D ;D :D

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 08:48:14 pm »
Really?

Hold on I purchased a Rhino,

A sebo used
2 blowers used

Now with the money I saved I have purchased a new e30 Envirodri system.

And PSI gauge, extra 50 vac and solution hose. If I had not saved money I would not have purchased an Envirodri.

And the reason I am thinking of a TM is  I have won a contract. And yes TMs win hands down for not refilling.

So things change at a drop of an eyelid sometimes.

Dave

derek west

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 08:51:48 pm »
so the money, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr forget it. can't be fcked.

de, arrrrr can't even be bothered to sign off ;D

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 08:53:25 pm »
And the Import / Exports how they doing ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

derek west

« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 08:57:11 pm »
Really?

And the reason I am thinking of a TM is  I have won a contract. And yes TMs win hands down for not refilling.

Dave

thought you were gonna drill a hole in your rhino with your imported cordless bosche powerdrill that you saved £11.75 on. so you didn't have to refill. and thats why TM's aren't any better.
de.....

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2009, 08:58:17 pm »
Dave,

I think you've got your eyes wide shut as far as buying equipment is concerned and if this is the extent of your business acumen then good luck to you because you're going to need it.
When you buy a Truck Mount, you also buy into the product support and service that comes with it.
I dread to think what logical, or illogical process lead you to chose the Prowler in the first place, but let me take a guess, price?
And now having made your choice you seem hell bent on making sure that you  place your investment and your business in jeopardy by missing out the very person you WILL need at some point in time. Great idea!
Like Tony says, I too think you're just blowing smoke up our arses :-*
Simon

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2009, 09:12:09 pm »
Dave,

I think you've got your eyes wide shut as far as buying equipment is concerned and if this is the extent of your business acumen then good luck to you because you're going to need it.
When you buy a Truck Mount, you also buy into the product support and service that comes with it.
I dread to think what logical, or illogical process lead you to chose the Prowler in the first place, but let me take a guess, price?
And now having made your choice you seem hell bent on making sure that you  place your investment and your business in jeopardy by missing out the very person you WILL need at some point in time. Great idea!
Like Tony says, I too think you're just blowing smoke up our arses :-*
Simon

Yes Price you guessed correct.

Are you stating that a Prowler is the wrong decision , strange you are basing that on what you know about my company. Which is nothing. All you actually know is I dont spend anymore than I need to.

As for placing my business in jeoprady, How do you know this. Just because I purchase from America where I could save money. It may come to light after looking - I may find a second hand machine in the UK that is alot cheaper, if so I will/may purchase.

And yes for now I may just drill a hole in the rhino and run a ball valve and hose to a connectting tap - even TMS have to refill in the end.

The works of that is not hard as we run several WFP systems (for cleaning windows)and run on variable speed pumps and battery so I may rig a tank up from the vans and a hose to the porty and save the money instead. That way no need to use custys water supply. There are many options available. you are only limited to your imagination and skill.

Dave

davep

derek west

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:00 pm »
And yes for now I may just drill a hole in the rhino and run a ball valve and hose to a connectting tap - even TMS have to refill in the end.

no they dont, you can get them with auto fill and dump, and guess what, no drilling.
d......

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 09:26:23 pm »
Derek,
He may have saved £11.75 on the import of his Bosche cordless drill but forgot to consider that it comes with a 110 charger made for the American market and  so had to import a Bosche approved 240 volt charger which cost £59.99 + shipping, vat and import duty and even more hassle and then found that the plug on it was American, not British and so had to import a US to British plug adaptor, Bosche approved, of course, for $29 plus shipping charges, import duty, vat and currency conversion charges, which when it arrived didn't work because the lazy bast__ds at Heathrow Airport daft import shed drop the bloody thing and it was run over by a fork lift driven by a illegal polish immigrant from Latvia. In the meantime the Rhino has flat refused to work as it was brought up in a good class British factory and won't work with imported foreign parts that aren't compatible with its European credentials.

If it takes all of that poope just to drill a bloody hole then good help him when it comes to something as bulky as a Prowler ;D ;D

Simon

robert meldrum

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2009, 09:59:37 pm »
On checking back.

You were asking loads of questions giving the impression you wanted  / needed information to ensure you were competent enough to carry out carpet cleaning.

On your web site you claim to be a very experienced carpet cleaner and show a before / after example which anyone would be proud of.

There is something wrong in your presentation of yourself and it's not particularly pleasing as you'll gather from the reaction.

I agree with Tony G S's comments

derek west

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 10:00:23 pm »
whats the betting his wifes from thailand ;D
derek

derek west

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 10:06:10 pm »
and she was a bargain cos she came with a free wand ;D ;D ;D
i'll shut up now
derek

Stu.Clem

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 10:17:08 pm »
lol

any sharper u guys and u will cut yaself!!!  class

champagne lifestyle on a lemonade budget springs to mind

;D

« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2009, 06:32:07 am »
On checking back.

You were asking loads of questions giving the impression you wanted  / needed information to ensure you were competent enough to carry out carpet cleaning.

On your web site you claim to be a very experienced carpet cleaner and show a before / after example which anyone would be proud of.

There is something wrong in your presentation of yourself and it's not particularly pleasing as you'll gather from the reaction.

I agree with Tony G S's comments

In answer to your reply Robert, Yes I have cleaned many carpets and generally do get good results. If you are only aware of my website that is in my profile I can certainly show you other websites I have 3. With even better before and after pictures.

But I am pleased that you think they are good results that any CC would be proud of. I only use what some people brand as a low life unprofessionable Portable who does not have a clue about running a business.

Which just because I like to keep my hard earned money in my bank instead of some elses pocket you seem to all take a dislike to me. You dont need BIG fancy machines to get great results or be professional, But the machines are great and look good from a selling point of veiw.

As for my presentation on the website and stating that I am an experience CC that is Marketing. But I have been cleaning for over 10 years on and off.

As you are probably aware we run an office cleaning company with window cleaning mainly WFP and carpet cleaning and many other services.

Now if I was to inform the visitors that I or my team were rubbish CC, and show them terrible pictures of before and after we would not get any enquires. 

And yes I do ask question on how would you approach or how would you clean such and such. This is simply gathering knowledge from people in the industry. The forum is generally Extremely helpful. I have myself have been given lots advice and I hope I have helped people at least as half as I have been. Thats the point of this Forum Which makes this Forum a great Place.

As for the presentation of myself, I will say that I am unsure of what you actually mean so I am a little confused.

I am assuming that its to do with saving money. Which you guys dont seem to like.

As for the Major, I have chosen to look into the possibility of purchasing a Prowler, possible a similar brand.

And I have researched this and why we want this. Its simply more practical for us. Plus it also can be portable if required. We have buildings that we clean that will not have doors windows open end of! Its ok for people to say Access is only a problem if you let it be. Well for us Access would be overcome by having a Prowler as it could be Portable.

As for my business acumen, that you think I lack, ask yourself how many hours day you work, You maybe luck and smart enough to be enjoying life without the need to work full time.

Yesterday I went clay shooting I will be doing that again in the week as I and my wife are lucky and only work 10 - 15 hours a week combined! While alot of you are slogging away. So my shrewdness has got me alot further than most.

Davep
"Just get one new £6k.  You will soon have your money back " 
No that was the point of the post to Try and save money- If I save money my ROI increases. And parts will be available, there are not many decent machanics nowadays just Part fitters.

And no Derek, you are probably right I probably wont own a Prowler within the next six months. I have just spent money on a

Rhino - £950
Hand tool £175
Envirodri E30 Under £600
2 blowers used £120
Sebo used - 50
extra 50 feet vac - solution hose - £190 i think
2 more Vans - several £1000,s
Placed order for sign written designs both vans more £££

All prices include VAT but I get the VAT back as we are VAT registered

Wages for new employees
plus around £300 on other bits and peices the list goes on.

So yes if I choose to invest or as you guys put it waste my money as I may find cheaper else where.

As for the other childish comments which only prove that you have lost yolur professionalism and I will choose to ignore them.

Basically you seem to have taken an offence into me trying to keep my money in the bank by going to purchase cheaper for the same product that is Twice as much over here.
Just because one may have money does not mean that you have to waste it and show the world. People that generally do that are insecure.

Dave

jonnyald

« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2009, 07:38:43 am »
derek

The reason I put the thread up was to get your Valued opinions. Not just to for you to say to me support your local dealer. It was not to get into an argument. But people seem to take me the wrong way. Ill admit I am blunt to the point. But honesty never paid!

Dave

^^  "honesty never paid "   -    is that your modus operandi??

mark shannon

« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2009, 09:08:15 am »
Dave its simple really with a TM you need dealer backup, without it your going to end up with a big literal and financial headache.

JKs got a super reputation and has kept the Prowler price very reasonable.

mark

John Kelly

« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2009, 09:43:21 am »
Even John Kelly has said in a previous post he was making a killing!

Lie, show me where I said that.

If I purchase something over priced, like a Prowler over hear, an example I personally think the markup is around £1650 per machine based on a Prowler. Other TM systems there is more markup! That price is just an example. Now it wont take long before a supplier sells 12 machines and has a deposit for a 600 mercedeze benz.

I told you upfront what I am making on these at the moment. I have reduced the price just to stir some interest which has worked and sold 2 machines this week. Price will be going back up in couple of weeks time.

Anyway like I said, I am just looking inot it for now. Only to see if it is possible to save money. As for repairs I am quite machanically minded!

God help you mate if you do buy a truckmount. You didn't even know your Rhino had a pressure regulator on it!

I'm not replying to any more of your posts because they are just silly. I'll reply to the email you sent to Amtex on Monday.
By the way good businessmen don't always buy cheap. Its certainly never been my business ethos. Personally I pay more for products and services which I know are top class.

« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2009, 09:45:56 am »
Hi Mark,

I appreciate and agree with what you are saying. But if you need this backup so much then quite simply the build quality is not superb. Considering the amount that they cost depending on the model. Many of you keep saying we require backup. If a product is so good you dont require backup. Not so often anyways. You are down grading the product yourselves.

As for JKs reutation yes it maywell be superb and he may offer exquisit service that is out of this world. Also he maybe a superb person.

Many people have veered away from the idea of "Trying to save money" I am in no way saying that JK, or any other supplier is not offering a good Price.

But that Price known as an "Invitation to buy" is not the price I am willing to pay. Considering what the actual cost is and that is considerably alot lower. . And hats off to him. Well done.

And yes some one said its a niche market, and that is why they are over priced.

Just because they have all paid in my opinion "over the top" price thats was their misfortune and it will not be mine.

JK as for not knowing it had a regulator on it, I was sure but I was not aware the regulator was located! If you look at this picture of a Rhino -  can you see a regulator at the front like mine has in my other post about the rhino! No its different!

As for this By the way good businessmen don't always buy cheap. Its certainly never been my business ethos. Personally I pay more for products and services which I know are top class.

Its not about buying a cheap product. I purchase in my opinion a reasonably priced equipment. Just because equipment is expensive does not make then 1st grade.

And you yourself John seem to have taken the post incorrectly. We all know we want to save money, surely there is no harm in trying to save money. If that means cutting the middle man out, which if we could and still retain a profit and backup would we not go down that route. If we are honest I think we would.

And as for trying to stop a purchase in the states. It cant be done. My father in-law lives in Huston. Texas. I lived in America for over 3 years myself so I can quite easily arrange it.
But that wont be just yet as this post at the begining was just an enqury to see if we could purchase cheaper! But people have been offended that I was only trying to save money - not takeaway business from someone.

Dave

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2009, 09:48:13 am »
JK actually wrote

It was just your tone that implied we were making a killing which was annoying thats all.

I must appologise I read this wrong so Sorry!

Dave

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2009, 10:38:56 am »
Dave,

You're absolutely amazing. I don't think I have ever come across someone so short sighted in my life. You're talking about investing in a machine about which you clearly know nothing. You can't even accept that any machine, let a lone a sophisticated piece of kit like a TM will at some point or other require repairs, not because as you state, 'But if you need this backup so much then quite simply the build quality is not superb. Considering the amount that they cost depending on the model. Many of you keep saying we require backup. If a product is so good you dont require backup. Not so often anyways. You are down grading the product yourselves,' but because all machines will not run for ever without breaking down and that is why you need excellent service and backup from a dealer. That dealer backup is something that comes with your machine, free of charge and with JK you are getting the very best backup in the industry but you see that as an irrelevance which is quite frankly astonishing.

You say, 'And I have researched this and why we want this. Its simply more practical for us. Plus it also can be portable if required. We have buildings that we clean that will not have doors windows open end of! Its ok for people to say Access is only a problem if you let it be. Well for us Access would be overcome by having a Prowler as it could be Portable.'
If you had done your research you would have realised, perhaps in the first few seconds that the Prowler runs on petrol and while it may be portable that doesn't mean you can take it into buildings like you can a portable, doh!!! You know fumes, fire alarms going off, health and safety regulations things like that, obviously you will have researched those things as thoroughly as everything else.

You seem to have asked a perfectly reasonable question, to which you got a lot of very helpful and honest answers, the most frequent and heartfelt of them being that if you are going to buy a TM you need really good service and technical back up, to which you reply, 'Well, if they need that much backup they mustn't be very good in the first place!' which to me shows an astonishing level of incompetence on your part. All you're saving is a measly thousand quid and for that you are prepared to forgo having someone at the end of a phone line who understands your machine, can diagnose any problems and supply you with the parts that will get you back to work and save you thousands in lost sales due to downtime. Most people in your position ask, 'Yes, but what happens if my machine breaks down?' and then come on a forum like this and research the service reputation of the various suppliers and thereby put yourself at ease that you would be in safe hands in that regards, but not you.
If you were on Britain's Got Business Talent you would have got three XXX's long ago and shown the door.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2009, 10:41:57 am »
The best way to treat this post now is to ignore it so my last comments are just that people like John Kelly is always willing to give good advice and help for FREE just look back at his posts.
One other point when people say backup you take it to mean the machine must be no good in fact backup ie servicing advice on using and when required parts.
You have had the replys from us all so act on them or don't the choice is now yours.
THATS IT NOT WASTING ANYMORE TIME ON THIS POST.

TONY

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #60 on: August 01, 2009, 10:45:52 am »
Dave,

You're absolutely amazing. I don't think I have ever come across someone so short sighted in my life. You're talking about investing in a machine about which you clearly know nothing. You can't even accept that any machine, let a lone a sophisticated piece of kit like a TM will at some point or other require repairs, not because as you state, 'But if you need this backup so much then quite simply the build quality is not superb. Considering the amount that they cost depending on the model. Many of you keep saying we require backup. If a product is so good you dont require backup. Not so often anyways. You are down grading the product yourselves,' but because all machines will not run for ever without breaking down and that is why you need excellent service and backup from a dealer. That dealer backup is something that comes with your machine, free of charge and with JK you are getting the very best backup in the industry but you see that as an irrelevance which is quite frankly astonishing.

You say, 'And I have researched this and why we want this. Its simply more practical for us. Plus it also can be portable if required. We have buildings that we clean that will not have doors windows open end of! Its ok for people to say Access is only a problem if you let it be. Well for us Access would be overcome by having a Prowler as it could be Portable.'
If you had done your research you would have realised, perhaps in the first few seconds that the Prowler runs on petrol and while it may be portable that doesn't mean you can take it into buildings like you can a portable, doh!!! You know fumes, fire alarms going off, health and safety regulations things like that, obviously you will have researched those things as thoroughly as everything else.

You seem to have asked a perfectly reasonable question, to which you got a lot of very helpful and honest answers, the most frequent and heartfelt of them being that if you are going to buy a TM you need really good service and technical back up, to which you reply, 'Well, if they need that much backup they mustn't be very good in the first place!' which to me shows an astonishing level of incompetence on your part. All you're saving is a measly thousand quid and for that you are prepared to forgo having someone at the end of a phone line who understands your machine, can diagnose any problems and supply you with the parts that will get you back to work and save you thousands in lost sales due to downtime. Most people in your position ask, 'Yes, but what happens if my machine breaks down?' and then come on a forum like this and research the service reputation of the various suppliers and thereby put yourself at ease that you would be in safe hands in that regards, but not you.
If you were on Britain's Got Business Talent you would have got three XXX's long ago and shown the door.

Had to be said

derek west

« Reply #61 on: August 01, 2009, 10:59:28 am »
dave
sorry, i didn't realise cracking the odd joke here and there was unprofessional.
note to self,
must be serious in future so my business prospers.

yeah right

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2009, 11:04:38 am »
I'm all in for saving money (it's my middle name, people just think I'm frivolous because I'm from Yorkshire) but look at the bigger picture, I used to have 2 vans and 2 machines and then I got a TM and did the work of 2 people BUT getting the best TM for my money meant getting a TM that worked (which you 'd expect) but when it went down the back up to get it going again QUICKLY! a TM will clean twice as fast as a porty but if a part takes a week to come from the states then you are stuck and once you've gone TM's you won't want to go back because a porty is hard on your back in comparison.

I believe that if you are going to import you have to justify a big enough saving,  don't know what the saving would be but unless it is nearer to 50%  or thousands of ££ I wouldn't be bothered as it wouldn't make bisiness sense to save a thousand pounds and get 7 days lost work because of parts coming through the post from the US and basing it on experience TM's do you wrong but with a UK supplier the part is there next day.

We spend all of our time trying to get customers to call and book then to get there and find the bloody machine won't work is frustrating and then to say I'll do you the job but not with the machine I sold you the quality clean with (yes we sell TM cleaning as being better faster and drier) then having to work longer hours with a porty for another 7 days.

Unless there is a bigger benefit I would urge you to reconsider as there isn't a big enough benefit to buying from the US at this moment in time plus the £ to $ is crap ATM may be last year but not now, JK would have been making a killing then, now I feel a little teeny weeny bit sorry for him (not too much though)

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2009, 11:19:26 am »
dave
your obviously not getting our point so lets try a different approach. no jokes i promise, i'm all professional now.

are you a gambler or a shrewd business man who likes a bargain?

if your a gambler then import, you may get lucky and save some money, and allthough you won't get prompt advice on using the machine and minor faults and servicing help, you'll be able to find the advice on the internet somewhere, thats if you haven't destroyed all your bridges.

if your a shrewd business man, then you need to get to know the british supplier you wanna do business with, then see if you can work out a good deal and purchase from him.

thats my last advice on this subject but no doubt you'll just try and pull it apart,
and for that reason, armoot.
derek

« Reply #64 on: August 01, 2009, 11:52:37 am »
Major,

You are correct I totally missed this totally. Thanks for pointing it out.

But, there are still building you could take this machine to that you cant get as close to! So I am still intersted in The Prowler at a later date.

Derek,

I consider myself both a gambler- Risk taker and shrewd business man looking for a great product that is cheaply priced (A bargain)

I have made decisions that were risky indeed. And Yes if the risk went wrong I could have lost alot. But luckily for me the risks I have taken have paid off. I have taken some risks that have failed - Its a choice isnt it! If you take the risk you have to be prepared to lose.

As for destroying my bridges, Maybe so. Which is a shame on my part and the supplier. Considering it was just a post on a forum about saving money. I wont be able to make a purchase and they will lose a sale and possibly repeat business Lets think I have not tried to tarnish anyone, just simply tried to save some money Possibly. Again a risk which I may choose to take.

I have not pulled your reply apart, infact the all the posts were great, (apart from a few) and I have taken the advice on board.

The machines CC machines are extremely new to me, Most of my employees do the repairs if required. I normally get involved with other stuff not the machines themselves. I have not claimed to be an expert on the CC machines. Infact I will probably post many more questions seeking advice. If people wish not to answer them, well so be it.

My next lot will soon be on the Envirodri System - Totally new to me but I believe I got a good deal. I think you lot will be please I purchased it in the UK.

As for JK, like I said before I was unaware of who he was. But yes he may not want to do business with me. And as you all seem to favour him so high, which is good and nice to see yes that in itself will definately be a downfall on my part.

I am sure when the time comes to purchase, I will find someone. At a bargain price.

Shaun,

Thanks for that, thats what I was trying to work out wether it would be worth while, a £1000 is alot of money. even if you have money to burn. - that what interested me was it looks like a big saving if there was not much hassle. And yes every engine, tool at somepoint requires repairs. I know, My jag is costly. Most I have found to be out of warranty period so I still had to fork out for the part and labour. So the £1000 i save possibly could cover that. But I have not made my decision yet.

And so it is clear the post was just about saving money - not to upset anyone. You have given me alot to think about.

Thanks

Dave

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #65 on: August 01, 2009, 11:55:01 am »
I think the expression we are looking for is:

"A person who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing."
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2009, 12:15:55 pm »
The expression, 'A fool and his money are easily part,' seems to ring to true here! ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »
I think after the original desaccord I think we are getting somewhere, perhaps another way of looking at it would be to ask are you doing mainly domestic carpet cleaning?

I have a Boxxer 427 water cooled TM and it does exactly what I want it to do but it is over and above what I need realistically I should have had a Prowler 315 as I don't use over 100ft of vac pipe.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #68 on: August 01, 2009, 02:41:39 pm »
Shaun

Didnt know you like the 315 so much!

Do you wanna buy mine - bargain at £10k  ;)   Free delivery.

« Reply #69 on: August 01, 2009, 03:13:57 pm »
I think after the original desaccord I think we are getting somewhere, perhaps another way of looking at it would be to ask are you doing mainly domestic carpet cleaning?

I have a Boxxer 427 water cooled TM and it does exactly what I want it to do but it is over and above what I need realistically I should have had a Prowler 315 as I don't use over 100ft of vac pipe.

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Well to try and give you an honest there after looking at the data I would say its a very fine line both domestic & commercial. The commercial side are mainly offices situated in office blocks. (Not a whole office block) But we have had to work on as high as the the 12th floor possibly higher up. Many are communal areas in flats. You could class that as domestic but we actually class it as commercial.

But not all the work is done via HWE, some is done via bonett, and now on some I will be marketing Envirodri System as I have purchased the E30. (Not yet taken delivery hopefully wednesday) 

With the purchase of the Rhino 500psi we have had many domestic calls recently hence the reason for the purchase new employees. We have the work lined up and ready to go. And I must say the phone has not stopped ringing. So in a few weeks Yes Domestic side could overtake commercial. But I am marketing both pretty heavey at the moment.

Now I agree that you may have a peice of equipment that may be more tan fits your requirements. If I had a machine that could do more, then I would have the option to market a further service. (Not yet looked into) But possibly could market Presure washing. No point marketing something you dont have the equipment to use. But now we are going a step beyond.

I am open to your suggestions shaun,

Joe
Are you sure thats cheap? 
Even with delivery which I am sure you have included - Nothing is free when running a business. The word Free is just Marketing. But it plays on the mind and works very well.

Dave

Joe H

« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2009, 03:48:23 pm »
Dave
Shaun is one of the most succesful carpet cleaners on here - he's super rich so can afford an inflated price.
But hes also a Yorkshire man so I have no chance.

Nor would I want to sell it anyway - too good.
and I have a good relationship with the supplier  ;)

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2009, 03:54:05 pm »
Is it just me or is there something not quite right going on here?

« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2009, 03:56:54 pm »
Is it just me or is there something not quite right going on here?

Hi Mike,

Could kindly explain as I do not understand the comment.

Thanks

Dave

robert meldrum

« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2009, 04:13:02 pm »
Where's your usual perception Mike ? Or is this it kicking in ?

This guy from all accounts doesn't know his AR*E from his ELBOW and is contradicting himself. What his angle is, is anybody's guess but it's been entertaining apart from his insulting comments about one of the most respected people on here.

If some one says black as sure as hell he will say white whether there's a motive or not I have'nt fathomed and am giving up on this one. At least on here !

Glynn

« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2009, 04:51:06 pm »
When I first looked at buying a Truckmount I posted it on the boards that I had actually ordered a Prochem Blazer. I got an email from Simon Gerrard reading something like'
Congratulations on your Truckmount purchase ! ( he at this point didn't even know I hadn't had it fitted )
he went on to say " it's all well and good buying an entry level machine but if you can buy as big as you can afford " because as your business grows you will out grow the capabilities of the machine.
I thought about this and ended up cancelling my order with Prochem for a new machine and bought a second hand larger machine. Now, having used that larger machine from day 1 of owning a TM I knew no better untill I got chance to use a smaller one. The difference was unbelievable.
Soon after I bought another even larger TM, this time brand new. This was the best money I ever spent on any type of machinery. Since then I have bought another two brand new TM's .

There is no use buying truckmounts on a budget, get the best you possibly can and even spending upwards of £16,000 just for the machine itself is peanuts when you consider the earning potential of them.

Buying from the states is not potentially a good move I don't think as you WILL end up needing backup sooner or later and the likes of John Kelly or HM etc would look after you as would indeed most UK TM suppliers, it's a no brainer really.
Regards
Glynn

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2009, 04:59:42 pm »
Dave,
Mike is far too much of a gentlemen to say so, but I'm just a heathen peasant from up north so I don't give a F--k and I think you're taking the p.

You clearly know zilch about business and what you know about carpet cleaning you could write on the back of a stamp and even that might be being overly generous.

Simon

elliott cleaning

« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2009, 08:22:39 pm »
Interesting little (or maybe not so little) thread.
Can't see why so many appear to be getting knotted up about it.

Let Pristine acquire his Prowler from the States to save the so called +/- grand. He will see that it will work out on the minus side of that figure plus all the subsequent downside of it.  If that sort of initial saving on a piece of capital equipment, which can be written off, is crucial to his business then so be it.  Hardly an earth shattering amount, in fact small beer.  Had he spent the time posting on this issue constructively on his business, that theoretical saving would have already been recouped

Jim_77

« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2009, 09:22:27 pm »
Good to have you back Simon ;D :D

« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2009, 10:28:43 pm »
And now Pristine Clean has gone - another wind up merchant bites the dust !

Stu.Clem

« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2009, 10:45:27 pm »
To conclude with a MUST watch....

is this the measure of the man?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL1wRicYgwE

enough said

derek west

« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2009, 10:56:09 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

nice one stu, or should i say detective stu of the yard, top find. ;D

derek

« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2009, 10:56:57 pm »
40 seconds of looking at a micky mouse vacuum cleaner - nuff said !!  ;D

« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2009, 10:59:47 pm »
Yiu know when it says see his other videos, what's going on there?

derek west

« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2009, 11:06:43 pm »
so is pristine clean aka dave, jonthom on you tube

K.O. Glanville

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2009, 11:10:17 pm »
Well, I never.  >:(

Haven't these last five pages been a W.O.F.T.A.M.  ;D

Ho hum, 08:10 Sunday morning, time to go to brekki.  :)

Ooroo,

:-X

« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2009, 11:11:20 pm »
Derek

Well at least he was a real person in the end LOL

« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2009, 11:13:22 pm »
Bet he won't be buying a Prowler now !  ;D ;D

Steve

robert meldrum

« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2009, 11:22:02 pm »
Won't have to, he's got all these cousins desperate to send one across as a present

Ian Rochester

« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2009, 06:56:47 am »
You have to admit though it's got to be the first thread on here for a while that's actually got people talking, been very quiet on here lately.

As for the Prowler............any publicity is good publicity.  We like ours, a simple straightforward machine that does what it needs to do without any bells and whistles, had it close to two years now and it's paid for itself many times over.

Plus I always get a coffee off John and Lynn when I'm down there, generally got to make it myself though!!

Off with the family for a day in Whitby now to collect some bikes from a couple of Americans that have just done the C2C, if I'd thought about it when they booked the bikes I could have asked them if they'd bring me a Prowler across from the US of A as a gift in hand baggage........... bahh, another trick I've missed, I'm no business man at all!   ;)

Ricky M

« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2009, 08:19:18 am »
stu , quality  ;D ;D
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

clinton

« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2009, 10:59:34 am »
The guy on the video has a northen accent ::)

Stu.Clem

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2009, 11:19:48 am »
He is also called Dave.....

Must have imported a bargain voice over from Yorkshire   8)

Stu.Clem

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2009, 11:32:29 am »
Also states he was too shy to appear in video -  can anyone think why?  ??? lol

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2009, 01:46:10 pm »
Well that's going to persuade a lot of people to ring him, a shot of a little hoover!! ;D ;D Or is that his carpet cleaning machine? :'( ;D >:( :o

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2009, 02:56:22 pm »
Incredible.

Len Gribble

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2009, 03:12:56 pm »
I actually found Dave to be a nice guy, wife is still spending his money. ;D ;D ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2009, 04:19:46 pm »
Bargain voice from Yorkshire - how dare you!

Shaun

Pristine Clean

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2009, 04:38:09 pm »
No. I have not gone. Just went away, shooting. Still good to see everyone talking about me even though I have not posted about the prowler.

Yes Len the wife still spending  the money.

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

jasonl

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2009, 04:47:30 pm »
Pristine ,,, you have been shooting ,, I think you shot yourself in the foot already ,suggesting that you could , and then persisting to assert that self importing was a better prospect than buying from a uk dealer .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Pristine Clean

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2009, 05:06:53 pm »
Jason,

No I have not shot myself in the foot. Except people have got annoyed over see if it is possible to save money. It was not deliberate to upset them. But they cant get past that.  Just wanted to see if I could save money. I can't actually see the harm in that. Be it viable or not.

I was not suggesting we HAD to import or force anyone to import and miss out the suppliers. We all have free will and choice. Do we not?

I was not slandering any supplier. I was and still think most things are expensive in the CC world. However any equipment in any other business is for that matter. CC equipment was at the heart of the discussion simply because that subject is what I was enquiring about.

You all talk as though £1000 is nothing. It maybe nothing for the service you recieve. I was not knocking the service. Just the Price.

As I think this clears things up I will let you all continue to victimise me for just raising the question on saving money.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

derek west

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2009, 05:19:56 pm »
forget all that, what about your promo vid, quality. you saved a few quid there dave ;D
d....

Joe H

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2009, 05:22:03 pm »
Dave

I do agree with you on one point - equipment does seem to be expensive sometimes (most times?) for what you get.
But the others are right in what they say - what price do you put on backup and service when you need it most.
Yes, its ok saving the last penny (maybe) on things like cleaning fluids ,but where machinery is involved - nah, buy the aftersales service as well, it pays off in the long run.

You choose what you must choose, just that you will remember all the posts if you choose the route you were suggesting and it bites you on the bum.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2009, 05:22:42 pm »
Derek,

Yes But you could have put the right contact details on.

derek west

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »
Derek,

Yes But you could have put the right contact details on.

???
mad as a brush from start to finish.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2009, 06:18:25 pm »
Dave,

You seem to be someone who does things by halves, surrounded by people who don't do things by halves.
From the list of services you offer on your Oscar Award Winning promotional video, (of which I am extremely jealous and will be commission one very like it the moment Mr Speilberg returns my call) you seem to be offering all and sundry services and think that promoting them with a single shot of a hoover (not even one being used by one of your minions) is going to be the trigger for people to be calling you in their droves, I'm surprised you have time to post any replies on here, but fair dinkum to you for at least trying to explain your weird and wonderful approach to business and for keeping us all so royally entertained. ;D ;D

Simon

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2009, 06:24:06 pm »
Said it was my last word but just seen the promo video WHAT A TOSSER ha ha ha ha ha ha  ;D ;D

Bet Mike and the other lads hope their videos come some where near to the perfection he has ACHIEVED ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TONY

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2009, 06:33:10 pm »
Derek have you found a difference in the conversion rate or quality of your enquiries now that you have had your video on your website/s?

Shaun

Ricky M

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2009, 06:43:21 pm »
Pristean/Dave , ive Just placed an order with I believe the only Prowler dealer (JK) in the uk for the 15bhp 2k psi prowler , yes its £7.5k ish but its the back up you need , Things can go wrong even with new TMs but then you need to know that you can go back and they will sort it , every one is ripping you to bits cause you are trying to save a bit ( + the vid effort  ;D ) but in the long run it could cost you a lot more if its a "pup" . just be careful some times saving a few ££££ can back fire .

Either way hope you make the right choice in the long run  
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

derek west

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2009, 06:45:36 pm »
ive no idea shaun, all i know is on average, i',m getting 1 more call a week than the last, so its not harming any.
i'm working on my next epic, this will show the VM working along with the RX and hopefully, either the dry fusion or texatherm. (when i get it) just waiting for the next big venue and my mate to do the filming while we do our stuff, and don't forget, its the new improved version, 2 stone lighter and "yes stevie B" all tucked in and ready to clean. ;D
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2009, 06:48:15 pm »
Conversion rate the same?

Shaun

PS just looking at the benefit of a video is it all worth it?

Pristine Clean

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2009, 06:56:51 pm »
The video is not actually mine. Or Pristine Cleans. Plus we are a Ltd & vat registered company and would have thoses details in the video.

Also I dont know how put a video on youtube. But thanks for pointing it out. I may get round to doing one.

Why dont you guys phone the Dave in the video, see where he lives. We are in Kent - Medway area. I do not give out my mobile number only business & fax number.

Its also intersting to see if a video would make any difference to conversion rates.

Dave

derek west

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2009, 06:59:31 pm »
never had a problem with conversion rates, apart from big coms and upholstery, so i'll be able to test that when i do the next vid cos its aimed at the com side, might do an in depth vid on suite cleaning as my con rate is very low on them, all though my confidence is low on them so i think thats why, might book in for a refresher course.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2009, 07:26:56 pm »
I went to look at a suite today and it was rank but was rescueable 3 seater sofa and 1 chair fixed cushions seat and back but very light beige, quoted £100 and I thought I'd have to call Qunicy for a post mortem, just goes to show we don't all get them and also it shows that the dirtier the suite the less the customer wants to pay, her answer was "I can get a new one for not much more"

Shaun

PS the suite to buy would have been about £2000 but was given to her by her mother 18 months ago so she had no value in it as she didn't buy it and I think there lies the problem.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »
The video is not actually mine. Or Pristine Cleans. Plus we are a Ltd & vat registered company and would have thoses details in the video.

Pristine, what's so special about being Limited & VAT registered.  Alot of us run our businesses in that format. No big deal, and how come you don't mention this on your official website if you would have put in on a video?
From your website I see that you cover a hell of alot of different aspects of the cleaning business.  Phew, how do you manage to run that all from your home address mentioned on your site

robert meldrum

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »
If you run a ltd company you have a legal obligation to make this known in all of your stationery, marketing and publicity materials

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:17 pm »
I went to look at a suite today and it was rank but was rescueable 3 seater sofa and 1 chair fixed cushions seat and back but very light beige, quoted £100 and I thought I'd have to call Qunicy for a post mortem, just goes to show we don't all get them and also it shows that the dirtier the suite the less the customer wants to pay, her answer was "I can get a new one for not much more"

Shaun

PS the suite to buy would have been about £2000 but was given to her by her mother 18 months ago so she had no value in it as she didn't buy it and I think there lies the problem.

....but would have only cost $200 if she'd imported it :)

But at least she'd still have had your back-up support to clean it. :) :)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2009, 10:44:15 pm »
British cleaning and manufacturing......the best ;D

Pedro Ashmore

Pristine Clean

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2009, 06:37:09 am »

Pristine, what's so special about being Limited & VAT registered.  Alot of us run our businesses in that format. No big deal, and how come you don't mention this on your official website if you would have put in on a video?
From your website I see that you cover a hell of alot of different aspects of the cleaning business.  Phew, how do you manage to run that all from your home address mentioned on your site

There is nothing special, Why do people seem to take everything the wrong way. I was just commenting that certain info was not included If it was meant to be my video.. Infact many years ago when I was a sole trader and not VAT registered to the way thing have moved on is no different. Except more paper work. Which equates to more time spent not getting on with the important  stuff.

The company information is on the Contact Us. At the very bottom.

With regards to the registered address, I am not at the office much and spend most of my time at home or elswhere - important letters need to be sent to me and the comany secretay. Not a secretary as in PA (Companies house clearly states this)

I am suprised in the way you think, Do you think I am the only person that has printed home address. If you do look into it further I am certain you will fiind many large corperate companies actually display a home address. If you like I can provide there details and I am sure I could also arrange a friendly visit to a large EPOS supplier (Electronic Point Of Sale) know as Tills to yourself probably located in many retail outlets.

Copied from company fomations site - Clearly states does not need to be your trading address!

Your registered office is the legal address of the business (not necessarily its trading address) at which Companies House, the Inland Revenue and legal authorities can serve official documents and assume that they have been received by the Company Directors. Although a company is a legal person it has no physical characteristics. In order that people can communicate with it, it is regarded as being present in at least one physical location, known as its registered office. Every company must have a registered office address (Companies Act 1985 Section 287 (1)): it is the "home" of the company to which all official documents, notices and court papers have to be sent by law (Section 351). The address must be a physical location, not just a post office box. This is because people have the right to visit your office to inspect certain registers and documents, and to deliver documents by hand.

I hope this clears things up for you, so this is how we manage to have so many services and equipment.

If you wish to see an address of our other locations I am happy to do so and you will see clearly from Google maps that they are not houses, but warehouse type buildings.

Cheers

Dave

Joe H

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:29 pm »
Pristean/Dave , ive Just placed an order with I believe the only Prowler dealer (JK) in the uk for the 15bhp 2k psi prowler , yes its £7.5k ish but its the back up you need ,

Congrats Ricky on joining the unofficial Prowler owners club - and with the 315 at that.
Good move.

« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2009, 02:56:06 pm »

Hi Joe

Hows it going with the 315?

The Avenger is running sweet and is ploughing through the work. Afternoon tele is a bit crap isn't it? LOL

derek west

« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:19 pm »
been playing wii sports resort all week with the kids, not seen the tele for ages.
ps.. awesome game for you wii fans out there, the motion sensor plus brings games to life.
just got 113 on archery beginner level, if theres anyone out there who likes a challenge. ;D
derek

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2009, 03:39:05 pm »
Derek I think Dave at Pristine Clean does lol  :o :o :o

roger underhill

« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2009, 03:50:03 pm »
What worries me about Pristine clean is his access to guns.....I bet he cleans in combats too. I hope we dont hear about him on sky news one day.
No offence mate :P
Family business founded in 1985

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #123 on: August 04, 2009, 04:38:58 pm »
EH UP ROGER

« Reply #124 on: August 04, 2009, 04:44:54 pm »
From some of his comments, I think Dave's weapon of choice is the Light Sabre.

Sorry Dave  :)

Actually he seems to be taking a bit of stick far better than a lot do on here.

Joe H

« Reply #125 on: August 04, 2009, 05:15:25 pm »

Hi Joe
Hows it going with the 315?
The Avenger is running sweet and is ploughing through the work. Afternoon tele is a bit crap isn't it? LOL

We doing alright Mike.

Given that van insurance company you use an email for a quote. See what they come up with. Mines due 18th Aug.

derek west

« Reply #126 on: August 04, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »
why is that racist. do you actually know what racist means,
ps... whey to go with your first post. this should be fun, all though i can see it getting removed before it starts. you too. bye bye.
derek

cleanliving

« Reply #127 on: August 04, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
Derek
With Bigots they always reveal themselves,they need no assistance other than a forum for others to join in

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #128 on: August 04, 2009, 06:39:28 pm »
A poster that has just come from thin air and on his first post starts calling people????

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #129 on: August 04, 2009, 06:46:43 pm »
you'll be removed for being abusive towards steve, way over the top and not called for. or you may not be, i don't make the rules.
you can disagree with me til your blue in the face.
derek

Robert Watson

« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2009, 06:56:35 pm »
Dave, Give yourself peace, stop responding and get on with what you,
Good luck,
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #131 on: August 04, 2009, 07:00:12 pm »
Cleanliving fill in your profile and make yourself known.

I don't need a gun my marksman is very good.

Shaun

Pristine Clean

« Reply #132 on: August 04, 2009, 07:04:01 pm »
I know Rabb,

But this must be at least one of the longest post on here by now.

Going to be a world record, At least something to remember me by. If a make it out alive.

The way I see it they might pick on me on anothere thread anyways.

Anyways its just for fun right? Isn't it?  ;)

Dave

elliott cleaning

« Reply #133 on: August 04, 2009, 07:16:37 pm »

Anyways its just for fun right? Isn't it?  ;)

Dave

Pristine.   Of course most of what is said is tongue in cheek. Why else would most read & post on forums such as this

Robert Watson

« Reply #134 on: August 04, 2009, 07:25:50 pm »
Dave, Did you buy a Steempro from me a few years ago?
The Kitchen Door Centre

Pristine Clean

« Reply #135 on: August 04, 2009, 07:31:43 pm »
Dave, Did you buy a Steempro from me a few years ago?

No.

Dave

Robert Watson

« Reply #136 on: August 04, 2009, 07:34:18 pm »
I bought your Pilelifter?
The Kitchen Door Centre

derek west

« Reply #137 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:31 pm »
you ask me why
i say why
so you go off in another direction and insult me by calling me stupid. all though i'm not the cleverest fish in the sand. ;D
i despair i really do

Pristine Clean

« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2009, 07:49:03 pm »
I bought your Pilelifter?

What mine, cant have done. Ive never owned a pile lifter.

Where are you based Rabby? I am in medway kent.

Dave

« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2009, 07:50:28 pm »
I think Pristine's 'weapon of choice' may have been wasted on you lot.

It's a SNIPER rifle. ;D

Pristine Clean

« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2009, 07:55:58 pm »
Yes its a sniper rifle, but it packs a powerful punch.

Try one at Lid, or Bisley shooting grounds. The are spot on at over a mile.

Dave

cleanliving

« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2009, 07:56:59 pm »
Derek
where I went wrong was Logic
Plus regards your post---
You are on the wrong forum,
Look at the WORDS and lie down

derek west

« Reply #142 on: August 04, 2009, 08:27:39 pm »
thanks clean living,
i am wasted on here like you say, do they do carpet cleaning forums for clever people. sorry, what a stupid question. like you could answer that, tut at me.
erdek

Len Gribble

« Reply #143 on: August 04, 2009, 08:32:46 pm »
Dave

I have moved mine to another safe house, seems criminals are targeting us was on the news tonight. ;)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2009, 08:36:37 pm »
I went to Bisley once, what a bunch of introverted weirdos. Worryingly I fitted in really well. ;D

Pristine Clean

« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2009, 08:45:46 pm »
Dave

I have moved mine to another safe house, seems criminals are targeting us was on the news tonight. ;)

Len

Dont worry Len, I probably know half of them.

Dave

Len Gribble

« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2009, 09:05:21 pm »
Only half I know 2 full houses of them ;)

Len