Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek west

Re: Prowler - would it be
« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2009, 05:19:56 pm »
forget all that, what about your promo vid, quality. you saved a few quid there dave ;D
d....

Joe H

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2009, 05:22:03 pm »
Dave

I do agree with you on one point - equipment does seem to be expensive sometimes (most times?) for what you get.
But the others are right in what they say - what price do you put on backup and service when you need it most.
Yes, its ok saving the last penny (maybe) on things like cleaning fluids ,but where machinery is involved - nah, buy the aftersales service as well, it pays off in the long run.

You choose what you must choose, just that you will remember all the posts if you choose the route you were suggesting and it bites you on the bum.

Pristine Clean

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2009, 05:22:42 pm »
Derek,

Yes But you could have put the right contact details on.
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

derek west

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2009, 05:28:58 pm »
Derek,

Yes But you could have put the right contact details on.

???
mad as a brush from start to finish.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2009, 06:18:25 pm »
Dave,

You seem to be someone who does things by halves, surrounded by people who don't do things by halves.
From the list of services you offer on your Oscar Award Winning promotional video, (of which I am extremely jealous and will be commission one very like it the moment Mr Speilberg returns my call) you seem to be offering all and sundry services and think that promoting them with a single shot of a hoover (not even one being used by one of your minions) is going to be the trigger for people to be calling you in their droves, I'm surprised you have time to post any replies on here, but fair dinkum to you for at least trying to explain your weird and wonderful approach to business and for keeping us all so royally entertained. ;D ;D

Simon

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2009, 06:24:06 pm »
Said it was my last word but just seen the promo video WHAT A TOSSER ha ha ha ha ha ha  ;D ;D

Bet Mike and the other lads hope their videos come some where near to the perfection he has ACHIEVED ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2009, 06:33:10 pm »
Derek have you found a difference in the conversion rate or quality of your enquiries now that you have had your video on your website/s?

Shaun

Ricky M

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2009, 06:43:21 pm »
Pristean/Dave , ive Just placed an order with I believe the only Prowler dealer (JK) in the uk for the 15bhp 2k psi prowler , yes its £7.5k ish but its the back up you need , Things can go wrong even with new TMs but then you need to know that you can go back and they will sort it , every one is ripping you to bits cause you are trying to save a bit ( + the vid effort  ;D ) but in the long run it could cost you a lot more if its a "pup" . just be careful some times saving a few ££££ can back fire .

Either way hope you make the right choice in the long run  
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

derek west

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2009, 06:45:36 pm »
ive no idea shaun, all i know is on average, i',m getting 1 more call a week than the last, so its not harming any.
i'm working on my next epic, this will show the VM working along with the RX and hopefully, either the dry fusion or texatherm. (when i get it) just waiting for the next big venue and my mate to do the filming while we do our stuff, and don't forget, its the new improved version, 2 stone lighter and "yes stevie B" all tucked in and ready to clean. ;D
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2009, 06:48:15 pm »
Conversion rate the same?

Shaun

PS just looking at the benefit of a video is it all worth it?

Pristine Clean

« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2009, 06:56:51 pm »
The video is not actually mine. Or Pristine Cleans. Plus we are a Ltd & vat registered company and would have thoses details in the video.

Also I dont know how put a video on youtube. But thanks for pointing it out. I may get round to doing one.

Why dont you guys phone the Dave in the video, see where he lives. We are in Kent - Medway area. I do not give out my mobile number only business & fax number.

Its also intersting to see if a video would make any difference to conversion rates.

Dave

"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

derek west

« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2009, 06:59:31 pm »
never had a problem with conversion rates, apart from big coms and upholstery, so i'll be able to test that when i do the next vid cos its aimed at the com side, might do an in depth vid on suite cleaning as my con rate is very low on them, all though my confidence is low on them so i think thats why, might book in for a refresher course.
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2009, 07:26:56 pm »
I went to look at a suite today and it was rank but was rescueable 3 seater sofa and 1 chair fixed cushions seat and back but very light beige, quoted £100 and I thought I'd have to call Qunicy for a post mortem, just goes to show we don't all get them and also it shows that the dirtier the suite the less the customer wants to pay, her answer was "I can get a new one for not much more"

Shaun

PS the suite to buy would have been about £2000 but was given to her by her mother 18 months ago so she had no value in it as she didn't buy it and I think there lies the problem.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »
The video is not actually mine. Or Pristine Cleans. Plus we are a Ltd & vat registered company and would have thoses details in the video.

Pristine, what's so special about being Limited & VAT registered.  Alot of us run our businesses in that format. No big deal, and how come you don't mention this on your official website if you would have put in on a video?
From your website I see that you cover a hell of alot of different aspects of the cleaning business.  Phew, how do you manage to run that all from your home address mentioned on your site

robert meldrum

« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2009, 10:12:24 pm »
If you run a ltd company you have a legal obligation to make this known in all of your stationery, marketing and publicity materials

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:17 pm »
I went to look at a suite today and it was rank but was rescueable 3 seater sofa and 1 chair fixed cushions seat and back but very light beige, quoted £100 and I thought I'd have to call Qunicy for a post mortem, just goes to show we don't all get them and also it shows that the dirtier the suite the less the customer wants to pay, her answer was "I can get a new one for not much more"

Shaun

PS the suite to buy would have been about £2000 but was given to her by her mother 18 months ago so she had no value in it as she didn't buy it and I think there lies the problem.

....but would have only cost $200 if she'd imported it :)

But at least she'd still have had your back-up support to clean it. :) :)
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2009, 10:44:15 pm »
British cleaning and manufacturing......the best ;D

Pedro Ashmore

Pristine Clean

« Reply #117 on: August 04, 2009, 06:37:09 am »

Pristine, what's so special about being Limited & VAT registered.  Alot of us run our businesses in that format. No big deal, and how come you don't mention this on your official website if you would have put in on a video?
From your website I see that you cover a hell of alot of different aspects of the cleaning business.  Phew, how do you manage to run that all from your home address mentioned on your site

There is nothing special, Why do people seem to take everything the wrong way. I was just commenting that certain info was not included If it was meant to be my video.. Infact many years ago when I was a sole trader and not VAT registered to the way thing have moved on is no different. Except more paper work. Which equates to more time spent not getting on with the important  stuff.

The company information is on the Contact Us. At the very bottom.

With regards to the registered address, I am not at the office much and spend most of my time at home or elswhere - important letters need to be sent to me and the comany secretay. Not a secretary as in PA (Companies house clearly states this)

I am suprised in the way you think, Do you think I am the only person that has printed home address. If you do look into it further I am certain you will fiind many large corperate companies actually display a home address. If you like I can provide there details and I am sure I could also arrange a friendly visit to a large EPOS supplier (Electronic Point Of Sale) know as Tills to yourself probably located in many retail outlets.

Copied from company fomations site - Clearly states does not need to be your trading address!

Your registered office is the legal address of the business (not necessarily its trading address) at which Companies House, the Inland Revenue and legal authorities can serve official documents and assume that they have been received by the Company Directors. Although a company is a legal person it has no physical characteristics. In order that people can communicate with it, it is regarded as being present in at least one physical location, known as its registered office. Every company must have a registered office address (Companies Act 1985 Section 287 (1)): it is the "home" of the company to which all official documents, notices and court papers have to be sent by law (Section 351). The address must be a physical location, not just a post office box. This is because people have the right to visit your office to inspect certain registers and documents, and to deliver documents by hand.

I hope this clears things up for you, so this is how we manage to have so many services and equipment.

If you wish to see an address of our other locations I am happy to do so and you will see clearly from Google maps that they are not houses, but warehouse type buildings.

Cheers

Dave

Joe H

« Reply #118 on: August 04, 2009, 02:13:29 pm »
Pristean/Dave , ive Just placed an order with I believe the only Prowler dealer (JK) in the uk for the 15bhp 2k psi prowler , yes its £7.5k ish but its the back up you need ,

Congrats Ricky on joining the unofficial Prowler owners club - and with the 315 at that.
Good move.

« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2009, 02:56:06 pm »

Hi Joe

Hows it going with the 315?

The Avenger is running sweet and is ploughing through the work. Afternoon tele is a bit crap isn't it? LOL